1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I love that artwork (accompanies the Thrawn Alliances book). Here's the concept art for the outfit in Clone Wars:

Qwwg7h0.jpg

Only thing that might prove difficult is if they try to replicate the hairstyle (same one as the Padme pilot one). I don't see that being easy.

a0c8c7e23e85f646960350e048b8188da3c81d56.png

I really liked the cover when they announced it. Artist did a great job. Knew you were a fan when I saw your profile pic.

I like the outfit design for the series. Nice to see some color and a link to Leia’s ESB jumpsuit.

10B72807-AC59-47A2-9C21-504769E7D0CA.jpeg

The braids shouldn’t be a problem for them. It’d be like the Black Widow solo movie figure.

Head articulation would be hindered a bit but oh well. That’s the price you pay to look good. :lol

3B30B189-B43C-4208-BEED-7393ADB0BFB6.jpeg

I don't think the artist would be as open now about a female characters costumes in Star Wars.
20230126_095823.jpg
20230126_095854.jpg

I don't think the artist would be as open now about a female characters costumes in Star Wars.
Those statements seem fine and totally acceptable? AOTC was (albeit clunkily) about passion, love, and seduction, so it makes sense that the costume design would factor into these things. The statements are fairly innocent and are just addressing how to do costume design in line with the themes of the movie and Padme's character arc in it with regard to her and Anakin falling in love. "Nowadays" isn't sex negative.

Those statements seem fine and totally acceptable? AOTC was (albeit clunkily) about passion, love, and seduction, so it makes sense that the costume design would factor into these things. The statements are fairly innocent and are just addressing how to do costume design in line with the themes of the movie and Padme's character arc in it with regard to her and Anakin falling in love. "Nowadays" isn't sex negative.
Nowadays, you could be blacklisted for expressing an intent to 'accentuate the female form or feminine features' with an outfit design.

Examples-
'What exactly do you mean female form?! Women come in all shapes and sizes.'
'The notion of femininity is a social construct designed to oppress women!'
'You're just feeding into patriarchal ideals and glorifying the male gaze!'
'Women are not just pretty little ornaments to be admired for the pleasure of men!'
'No women should have to dress up for a man and just because she is dressing in this way, doesn't mean any man has a right to interpret it as an act done for his benefit!'
'If you view the way a woman is dressed as an invitation to make a sexual advancement, you're a predator and should be castrated.'

You must only say 'We wanted to give her a look that says 'I'm strong and independent and I won't apologise for being this way! mmhmm.'
Learn the rules or pay the price.

Is anyone going to look into customizing this figure to recreate “Battle Arena” Padmé?

Attachments

• 3DECB16F-230A-446C-B77B-8D25160F5B57.jpeg
    3DECB16F-230A-446C-B77B-8D25160F5B57.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
Back