1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought process as well.

Not sure if they're new to the hobby or what but there is a very very small chance that they announce a Mace Windu for ROTS after the AoTC just released. They even added the TCW armor gauntlets.

Our opinion on the head sculpt aside, HT just wouldn't do that, this will be our chance at Mace for the foreseeable future.
For what it's worth - I'm the one who originally mentioned it but I don't think there will be a second Mace either. I've just seen people saying they think there will be a second figure for ROTS because it's an easy re-issue for Hot Toys, tweak the sculpt a bit and call it an upgrade, which honestly does seem like something Hot Toys would do. But, I ordered this one without hesitation because I think this will be it for Mace - and would prefer it that way so they can make some other Jedi.

For what it's worth - I'm the one who originally mentioned it but I don't think there will be a second Mace either. I've just seen people saying they think there will be a second figure for ROTS because it's an easy re-issue for Hot Toys, tweak the sculpt a bit and call it an upgrade, which honestly does seem like something Hot Toys would do. But, I ordered this one without hesitation because I think this will be it for Mace - and would prefer it that way so they can make some other Jedi.
Honestly if they make a new Mace, I'll just pick up the new head/head w neck parted out.

I'm going to disagree big time on that. While there are times when a sculpt isn't very good, this is not one of those times. These are not amateurs sculpting these things.

It is so in-your-face inaccurate that there really is no room for that argument. You can't convince me of this. The likeness is purposely not being used and the only reason I can come up with for that is that a second Windu is coming (who looks essentially identical making it a hard sell) but that will use SLJ's likeness but again, just my opinion.
HT had the actor’s likeness here as well…
1712035572991.png

Sometimes they just blow it.

HT had the actor’s likeness here as well…
View attachment 695962

Sometimes they just blow it.
I gotta tell ya, I never cared for these films. I am not and will never be a fan of the Spider-Man character, lore, comics and films.

I cannot in good conscious give a opinion on this. If you've something else, more DC related, I'd try there. But I have never cared for this character or any of its media to offer a fair, unbiased opinion.

Sorry?

(I know, I'm literally saying that Idgf about Spidey)

Don't kill me.

Likeness. Eh. I'll pass on that. Give that question to someone else.

Likeness requires a bit of bias. I don't care either way. So I'm not that guy.

Last edited:
I think i see part of the problem. If you search for mace windu images, every picture his face has some "attitude", HT on the other hand did their usual thousand mile stare. The expressions on SLJ's face i think adds quite a bit.
Hmm also seems the shape of his dome is a bit off, however that could be image distortion.

In the end, we wont really know til we see in hand pics as HT is known for having differences from their prototype to production.

Even if it's not perfect, how often are we going to get a classic jedi look like this? Theres been a few but not much aside from obi wan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402_055138_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_055138_Edge.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240402_055121_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_055121_Edge.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I gotta tell ya, I never cared for these films. I am not and will never be a fan of the Spider-Man character, lore, comics and films.

I cannot in good conscious give a opinion on this. If you've something else, more DC related, I'd try there. But I have never cared for this character or any of its media to offer a fair, unbiased opinion.

Sorry?

(I know, I'm literally saying that Idgf about Spidey)

Don't kill me.

Likeness. Eh. I'll pass on that. Give that question to someone else.

Likeness requires a bit of bias. I don't care either way. So I'm not that guy.
Hmm, I’ve never really required an appreciation for a movie someone was in to be able to identify how accurately their facial likeness is being captured…
That’s like saying ‘I don’t like that guys band so I have no idea if he’s singing in key or not.’

I don’t believe bias plays any role in the evaluation process; familiarity with the face would, however.

But, ultimately- not liking Raimi Spider-Man = opinion invalid. I’m sorry. I don’t make the rules. That’s just a fact of life.

Back