1/6 Hot Toys - MMS677- Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padawan Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, sure....it probably is a tactic. But lately, waitlists are not converting like they used to. I'm on the waitlist for R5, Boba Fett and the new Strange, and haven't seen any action for any of them. The only waitlist that has converted for me in recent memory is Wolverine.

So feel free to gamble, but it's clearly a different situation than in years past.

I mean, sure....it probably is a tactic. But lately, waitlists are not converting like they used to. I'm on the waitlist for R5, Boba Fett and the new Strange, and haven't seen any action for any of them. The only waitlist that has converted for me in recent memory is Wolverine.

So feel free to gamble, but it's clearly a different situation than in years past.

Yeah it’s been abundantly clear that figure production numbers have dropped across the board.

Recent figures that have gone to waitlist pre-release have mostly stayed that way upon release. You may get a waitlist conversion upon release but why gamble?

The fact that a figure may pre-sell out is a definite reality now, regardless of sales tactics. There’s no real reason to risk not being able to get the figure if you want it.

It remains best to preorder early with your authorized retailer of choice.

Yeah it’s been abundantly clear that figure production numbers have dropped across the board.

Recent figures that have gone to waitlist pre-release have mostly stayed that way upon release. You may get a waitlist conversion upon release but why gamble?

The fact that a figure may pre-sell out is a definite reality now, regardless of sales tactics. There’s no real reason to risk not being able to get the figure if you want it.

It remains best to preorder early with your authorized retailer of choice.
word to the wise

word to the wise
The only thing is that when they waitlist, they aren’t rising in price dramatically. All of the aotc waitlist figures are easily had on Facebook, mostly at or even below retail if they are opened. So everything is technically available. The secondary market collapsed tremendously. And great figures that were overproduced are below 200. I’m going to wait and see with mace and general kenobi. The hobby is on a downswing . My local comic shop is hurting big time and he is trying to order way less hot toys. He has amazing deals on most mando figs I have no interest in. I got fomo and ordered anakin and padme, so I’m stuck with them. The rest, I’ll see how much I want the figure. Interesting times indeed. The one figure that can help the hobby and generate interest from people who checked out is han. A new han would create some buzz. But, for whatever reason we think. Han is not getting a new figure.

The only thing is that when they waitlist, they aren’t rising in price dramatically. All of the aotc waitlist figures are easily had on Facebook, mostly at or even below retail if they are opened. So everything is technically available. The secondary market collapsed tremendously. And great figures that were overproduced are below 200. I’m going to wait and see with mace and general kenobi. The hobby is on a downswing . My local comic shop is hurting big time and he is trying to order way less hot toys. He has amazing deals on most mando figs I have no interest in. I got fomo and ordered anakin and padme, so I’m stuck with them. The rest, I’ll see how much I want the figure. Interesting times indeed. The one figure that can help the hobby and generate interest from people who checked out is han. A new han would create some buzz. But, for whatever reason we think. Han is not getting a new figure.

We just don't know how future releases will play out. But it does appear that they are producing fewer figures as a result of overstocked older figures and slower sales. So it's still a gamble for future releases. You might thank yourself down the line for preordering Anakin and Padme instead of feeling like you're stuck with them.

I'm not sure what recent figures are easily had on Facebook, but there are definitely figures that released pre-sold out/waitlisted that are going for a lot more on the market now.

And not everyone wants to buy an open/used figure through a social media marketplace. Some people only buy new and from authorized retailers they like. Especially if you care about making sure you have access to replacement parts if the figure has any issues.

The point still stands. If it's a figure you absolutely want to have, then there is no reason not to preorder right now. Because the odds of it going on super clearance like the figures that came out a year or two ago is low.

You certainly don't have to do that if it's a "see how much I want the figure" situation as you mentioned. If you don't necessarily need to have it, then not a problem.

I mean it is such a popular scene from ROTS lol

Anakin and Mace have very little interaction if any at all in AoTC.

Good, after Padme, Wrecker, SBD, OBK Vader and Commander Fox, I hope some of these other figures for Q1 like Mace, Padawan Anakin, Tech, etc, are delayed a bit.

Forgot that this one sold out so quickly. Guess waitlisting before release is becoming a thing again. Wonder how much this will be in the aftermarket in the coming months and years.

Back