1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a moronic comparison.
View attachment 588254
Oh boo hoo. Meanwhile posting the crappiest photo you can find :lol
fullsizeoutput_634_1136x.jpg

I hope the head sculpt is improved upon because everything else is amazing! I love the accessories and the unique base.

I understand some would argue HT will make another obi wan from the series.

But think about it, they could give this a proper dx release which is why they bother to make this in DX line. A set of different robe, tunic so we can create obi wan appearance from ep 1 to 6.

That could make it easier for us to close our eyes of the headsculpt and order this.

I'm not personally happy with this headsculpt at all. Sorry to say but this is an easy pass for me as i'm personally holding out for the final scene mythos look from HT with the googles. I'd like to display that with Qui Gon Jinn. Hopefully if they make that one the head sculpt is not re-used as it really doesn't look like Ewan at all. I truly hope they will improve upon this....

Curious why so many are posting that they are confident Hot Toys will improve the sculpt. Y’all realize they actually *de-improved* the sculpt for the ROTS Obi-Wan from proto to production, right?

It's like the Tron version of Jeff Bridges played Obi Wan. All these announcements where so exiting this morning and then I saw his face...

I'm not pre ordering. I want to see the final results. Base is super cool though.

Curious why so many are posting that they are confident Hot Toys will improve the sculpt. Y’all realize they actually *de-improved* the sculpt for the ROTS Obi-Wan from proto to production, right?

While it is subjective, we can come down to two likely outcomes.

1. HT will make changes to the sculpt due to the large amount of input.
2. The current head sculpt is quite bad, I don't know if they can get any worst.

Add them together and you get improvement, lol.

While it is subjective, we can come down to two likely outcomes.

1. HT will make changes to the sculpt due to the large amount of input.
2. The current head sculpt is quite bad, I don't know if they can get any worst.

Add them together and you get improvement, lol.
JC Hong posted a comment when the ROTS figure came out that the final sculpt was tweaked at the request of the licensor (i.e. likely Ewan or his reps) so I’m not sure anything but that really matters for this one either.

Gonna guess JC Hong or whoever it is from Hot Toys is gonna say that this totally wasn't supposed to be the final sculpt and that it's still being worked on.

I am curious about the USB powered lightsaber.

Back