1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish it was the outfit he wears at the end, that was the best look

referencias_obi_wan6_87eac426.png
Or his finale battle look

Will there be a bad mullet flashback version as well

This will be mine.

Skipped the ROTS version at the last minute after seeing it live at a store - because I couldn't for the life of me unsee its "tongue-out-effect".

So I will gladly buy this Obi-Wan, and I'm very confident that the final headsculpt will be just fine. Over the last 2-3 years I've seen too many headsculpts from Hot Toys that looked somewhat weird in official promo pics and even after-release-photos from bloggers (TROS Rey and BoP Harley for example) - and were near perfect in unboxing videos and when seen live in hand.

I've stopped making purchase decisions based on official pictures because of that. Chances are quite high that any concerns and frustrations based on those pics alone will just turn out to be totally unneccessary in the end.

This version should’ve been an exclusive instead and the general release be the finale outfit

This will be mine.

Skipped the ROTS version at the last minute after seeing it live at a store - because I couldn't for the life of me unsee its "tongue-out-effect".

So I will gladly buy this Obi-Wan, and I'm very confident that the final headsculpt will be just fine. Over the last 2-3 years I've seen too many headsculpts from Hot Toys that looked somewhat weird in official promo pics and even after-release-photos from bloggers (TROS Rey and BoP Harley for example) - and were near perfect in unboxing videos and when seen live in hand.

I've stopped making purchase decisions based on official pictures because of that. Chances are quite high that any concerns and frustrations based on those pics alone will just turn out to be totally unneccessary in the end.
TROS? You saw something I didn‘t :lol

You guys always know the proto is not the final one.
In the case of sideshow, that means it gets worse, but HT always gets better.
It’s hard to get the rolling eyeballs right but I have faith in HT.
They won’t let me down. They never have.
Love the quote at the end.
I got that reference 😉

Am assuming they will release another version of Kenobi.
They will wait til the preorders are done for this guy and then just as it releases,the finale version will be up.

Hoping for more 20th AOTC reveals this next week.

Love the quote at the end.
I got that reference 😉
Lol.
Thanks.
I was forced to sell off my entire collection during Covid, but i still have two ROTS Obi-Wan heads, one of which i drybrushed the beard and hair on, and love the previous sculpt.
I reckon this one, with moving eyes, will be even better when released.
Can hardly wait.

Isn't this the final battle outfit ? Just they skipped the dark outer robe shown in your .gif.

A pity, as it would have broken up all that grey and maybe hidden those Flashdance leg warmer socks.
He had different boots in the final battle outfit..indicative of his ROTS boots watch the finale again

At this figure stays true with its quality, you know what you'll be getting.

Unlike the ROTS one...
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 5.39.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 5.39.22 PM.png

Man, I was really excited to see this when I woke up this morning. I’ll collect any version of Kenobi. Everything about this figure looks awesome…except that sculpt. I agree with everyone who says it feels like a bargain store Chuck Norris. Really, really rough.

I hope this is one that Hot Toys goes back and fixes because that’s just unacceptable.

Lol.
Thanks.
I was forced to sell off my entire collection during Covid, but i still have two ROTS Obi-Wan heads, one of which i drybrushed the beard and hair on, and love the previous sculpt.
I reckon this one, with moving eyes, will be even better when released.
Can hardly wait.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Hopefully you can or have gotten some back.
As for Covid,I've dodged it since its inception,but today I was unlucky.
7 days of isolation started today.
Star Wars marathon is now in my future
hehehe

Back