1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys always know the proto is not the final one.
In the case of sideshow, that means it gets worse, but HT always gets better.
It’s hard to get the rolling eyeballs right but I have faith in HT.
They won’t let me down. They never have.
ROTS Obi final production was way worse than that phenomenal prototype.

If this the only version we get from the series ..I’m disappointed

I’ll wait for his finale version

Likeness is ok. I really don’t love that sleeveless cloak thing they gave him in the show. USB lightsaber is a cool step forward for them!
It was a visual callback to Anakin's cloak in AotC
Still leaning to ordering, though
Same here though I think once they put up Vader I will make my final decision to whether I need them together or just want an option to pick up a Vader.

Just wishing that the box with Anakin's saber wasn't one of the "regional exclusive" deals, I get they are trying to sweeten the pot for collectors and certain retailers but at the same time when your country doesn't have one of those stores within its borders it makes it overly expensive to get the version you want.

Im guessing thats going to be the timed special item like they had with the holograms with Boba's Throne (for example) last year?

I'm... underwhelmed.

Not just this by sculpt, but by more of the recent ones, actually...

Thor Love and Thunder- Age of Ultron sculpt with added scar
Spider-Man (Garfield) - What seems like the old sculpt with new paint apps.
Wolverine - What looks like the DoFP sculpt with different hair (great sculpt though)
Obi Wan Kenobi - Not their best work.

They sure are trying and upping their game with accessories like the USB lightsaber or the real leather jacket for Wolverine, but they are somewhat lacking in the sculpting department it seems... :unsure:

Last edited:
Is the LED design different from the previous SW LED options from previous figures

I’m confused :dunno

I tend to agree here. It looks rushed, probably because it was.

Plus normally they nail older headsculpts, so give it more time and they will add more detail I reckon.

They did give a post pre-order release HS update for Battinson a few months ago, but I guess that was because of inArt pressure.

Led lightsaber powered by USB. Nice improvement.

Sculpt is off. And it will be more off due to licensor request.
Nice pickup there. I didn't see that to begin with. That should be game changing. Lightsabers should be theoretically brighter as well as USB can give more power than a battery. But I guess we'll see.

Just the practicality of it as well is something we've needed for ages !! Hope they apply it to all Jedi figures now.

I actually kind of dig it. But agreed the headsculpt needs work.
Looks good to me :dunno

1657704442311.png

I tend to agree here. It looks rushed, probably because it was.

Plus normally they nail older headsculpts, so give it more time and they will add more detail I reckon.

They did give a post pre-order release HS update for Battinson a few months ago, but I guess that was because of inArt pressure.
That’s why I’m hoping there will be the finale version with new outfit because that’s the Obi we love while this look his character was rusty , and unsure of himself

Their last star wars release was a downgrade bruh

Back