1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go watch reviews of the Sideshow R2D2 you will see broken pieces fall off the figure during the unboxing lol

Go to 6:35 :rotfl

Grant it he’s a savage but that will never get old I can’t stop laughing lol

245618FF-C881-438E-A69B-9A42E853692A.gif

Go watch reviews of the Sideshow R2D2 you will see broken pieces fall off the figure during the unboxing lol

Go to 6:35 :rotfl

Grant it he’s a savage but that will never get old I can’t stop laughing lol

:lol

To be fair though, he didn't twist the dome on properly. You need to hold the two rings (silver and blue) and then twist the dome to lock it into place. Since he just plopped it back on, there was nothing holding it in place but small amount of friction.

But still, it was a decent figure when initially released as well as the second slightly updated release; but after that, the quality went down the drain. I'm normally pretty forgiving of SS, especially in the past, but this R2, and then the second Darth Vader (which I praised on my first version) is literally what soured me on any future releases from SS.

He had covid so was/is out of action for a bit.
I know he can be annoying and his shilling for Toys Wonderland is awful to say the least, but I definitely don't wish Covid on anyone. I had it early on and it was about 4-5 days of life absolutely sucking and then about a week of recovering.

Last edited:
Yeah, that wasn’t a selling point to me previously but have to admit it does look awesome. I still never have even picked up a standard Dark Trooper.
Yea same. I usually don't care for accessory pieces like that bat I actually like the way it turned out and the different lighting options you have.
Hunh

The close up on that half trooper looks really soft and toy like.
Didn't one of the reviews show that there are parts of that actually really soft plastic like the shoulder pieces?

Yea same. I usually don't care for accessory pieces like that bat I actually like the way it turned out and the different lighting options you have.

Didn't one of the reviews show that there are parts of that actually really soft plastic like the shoulder pieces?
Who has bats?

Where did you guys order from that you've gotten your figures so quickly?

This figure is a triumph…

Basically Night and Day compared to ROTJ Luke:

50974512CEE644A7BA59.jpeg

And for those of us who aren’t 100% in love with the S2 Mando Luke hairpiece, IT IS FULLY TRANSFERABLE WITH ALL OF THE OTHER REMOVABLE LUKE HAIRPIECES!!!!!

BE14B0C002AD47AA9E1E.jpeg

I’m in love!

I can’t wait to receive mine. Every pic so far is killing me😭😭

I truly don’t think people understand just how much I HATE the previous ROTJ Luke 🤬🤬

This new one feels like a reward for putting up with garbage for so long.

The windswept hair is a disaster for me i’m team Ken. :mon
I can’t wait to receive mine. Every pic so far is killing me😭😭

I truly don’t think people understand just how much I HATE the previous ROTJ Luke 🤬🤬

This new one feels like a reward for putting up with garbage for so long.
The previous one was Luke who hung out at Tosche Fried Chicken all of his youth.

And for those of us who aren’t 100% in love with the S2 Mando Luke hairpiece, IT IS FULLY TRANSFERABLE WITH ALL OF THE OTHER REMOVABLE LUKE HAIRPIECES!!!!!

I’m in love!
Yeah looks great. Shame they didn’t include a second different hairpiece in the box.

I think it’s close between this and the neutral ROTJ sculpt but I prefer the new one. I always felt the eyes were slightly too predominant on the ROTJ sculpt and the posable eyes prevent that and give the eyelids the proper depth.

I’m in love!
I just bought an extra snowspeeder Luke sculpt to get rid of that toothy endor one. Easily worst Star Wars sculpt.

I’m in love!

Do you also have a comparison with the RotJ Luke V1 sculpt?

Back