1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Deluxe Version Special Edition.

I had some rewards so it helped out with the Dark Trooper accessory and I figured why not for the Special Edition even though it's a random add-on. Maybe Leia sent him the information on Moff Gideon's light cruiser. Could always have fun with it.

I've been waiting to pre-order this since the episode aired. I don't mind how long I have to wait, I'm happy.

What kind of miserable lives do you guys lead that keep you from getting over a movie you didn't like 4 years after it came out?
I might agree with you if it weren’t Star Wars. You’re talking about a beloved film series with a rabid fan base going back 40+ years. People can’t get over their disappointment with the sequel trilogy for the same reason we’re happily shelling out thousands of dollars for sixth scale collectibles of characters from the OT.

I have the HT ROTJ Luke, seriously considering if I should sell it for this one.

Curious to find out if the hair plate is compatible with the other ROTJ Lukes HT put out..

I'm over it, but there was one last chance to get the originals back together, to relive the memories of our childhoods that we spent countless hours on making up our own stories and imagining what adventures would we get to see them go on next, then we all get old and we get...that. I've spent nearly 40 years waiting for 7,8 and 9.
Great point, Dave!

It's not the hairdo (it's very similar to his SW Holiday Special hairdo so is kinda canon anyway) as much as the CGI-"uncanny valley" look to the Mando Luke, that HT has now somehow managed to perfectly recreate.

So when I said "the CGI was supposed to match ROTJ Luke but wasn't quite accurate" I meant as in realistically recreating Luke's face. Obviously his outfit is probably over 90% accurate to ROTJ, with differences only noticeable to a mega-fan, so that was never the problem.

Luke's hairdo changes a decent amount ANH/ESB/ROTJ, so my guess is that the Mando hairstyle was probably an attempt to make him look subtly different from ROTJ in the same way. It looks clearly too different/off to be accidentally wrong for ROTJ.
Oh I thought you wanted the outfit to match 😅 since you mentioned the Scout trooper/ Biker Scout so I was thinking costume. At least the headsculpt doesn’t have the post car crash overdone makeup.
1D1CF0C4-DE85-40D8-98DA-0BE98553D89E.jpeg

Attachments

• 626AFC59-EB0F-4314-886C-59F796F9AAB4.jpeg
    626AFC59-EB0F-4314-886C-59F796F9AAB4.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
According to the similar descriptions, this is the same Grogu figure that comes with Ahsoka Tano and Grogu.

Ahsoka Tano and Grogu...

Luke Skywalker...
That’s great if true. I preordered the Deluxe Ahsoka so 2 articulated Grogu figs would be nice to have.

That’s great if true. I preordered the Deluxe Ahsoka so 2 articulated Grogu figs would be nice to have.
Sure looks that way, is this what you guys are seeing too?

I always thought it was strange that Grogu's right arm is not shown articulated in the Ahsoka and Grogu promo pics when the description states that both arms can articulate.

I have the HT ROTJ Luke, seriously considering if I should sell it for this one.

Excuse the double quote!! And no, dont sell him! Time has passed and each stands for its own era. To me, selling figures like that is like if you had a dog, and then you adopted a new puppy so you go and kick your old dog out of your house. Enjoy and love both the old and the new.

Excuse the double quote!! And no, dont sell him! Time has passed and each stands for its own era. To me, selling figures like that is like if you had a dog, and then you adopted a new puppy so you go and kick your old dog out of your house. Enjoy and love both the old and the new.
Good point. I do really enjoy the ROTJ Luke.

I did order the deluxe exclusive. It’s so far out I could always downsize the collection before it’s arrival.

I never picked up the Jedi Luke due to the likeness. This does seem much better, even if it does look like the CG Luke it is based on rather than the human being Mark Hamill. May have to get this. . .

But the "rolling eyeballs" have me concerned! I still remember DX-01 Hot Toys. Never forget.
But the first DX figures had the eyeballs connected with their Parallel Eyball Rolling System, that was the weak point, right? These are seperate rolling eyeballs, so it shouldn't be as fragile. The Avengers Hulk and Darth Maul have the same system, sure it might take a bit more work to get the eyes lined up and not have them looking like some crosseyed goofball, but they seem to handle quite well.

I think the sculpt looks great and reminds me of late 90s EU/Legends portraits. Have to think this was intentional on Favreau/Filoni’s part.

I’m looking for a discount code to be able to order the Deluxe version at Sideshow. Should anyone have one that you don’t use I’d appreciate it. Referral also no problem. Thanks!

Oh I thought you wanted the outfit to match 😅 since you mentioned the Scout trooper/ Biker Scout so I was thinking costume. At least the headsculpt doesn’t have the post car crash overdone makeup.View attachment 533515
Well, tbh, I actually wouldn't mind using this new Luke headsculpt on my second Luke X fig to create a SW Holiday Special Luke. It's funky as **** but it has such a great 1970s vibe. :lol

Back