1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure Hamill gave some kind of performance separately at some point for a frame of reference, but he's not as slim as he used to be, Max Lloyd Jones is credited as being the body double for Luke Skywalker. If it was all kept top secret it would have got out that Mark Hamill was actually on set I'm sure.

I mean he's literally on set in that picture, are you saying that's from something else? It's going to be in the new Disney Gallery thing for The Mandalorian, the photo was just revealed yesterday.

I mean he's literally on set in that picture, are you saying that's from something else? It's going to be in the new Disney Gallery thing for The Mandalorian, the photo was just revealed yesterday.
Yeah, he's on a set sure, but I don't think he's on the same set as Pedro etc. As I said he probably gave his own performance separately for reference.

I have the original MMS429, I like the hair, this new portrait just has a stronger MH likeness than the previous Jedi Lukes and it would be a welcome upgrade, and I could make good use of the posable eyes. Wouldn't shock me if we see an image soon showing that you can do this, sweeten the selling power of this new figure showing it can be put to further use.

I agree. The likeness is way better than the previous release.

I was depressed with the earlier luke figure. I couldn’t bring myself to do a review on it. It looked too puffy and that goofy AF expression...I hated it.

And now seeing this new luke, Jedi ver finally being a DX, I’m in a much happier place =D.

For the bike, i simply picked up an endor poncho and helmet loose so I'm good to go...

Jedi Luke w Endor helmet..

20210427_194440.jpg

Last edited:
Reminder that sideshows Luke is being re-released this September October and it also has a close mouth sculpt.

Good option for those who need one asap!

I never picked up the Jedi Luke due to the likeness. This does seem much better, even if it does look like the CG Luke it is based on rather than the human being Mark Hamill. May have to get this. . .

But the "rolling eyeballs" have me concerned! I still remember DX-01 Hot Toys. Never forget.

Was happy to shake on a difference of opinion but I guess I've got to stand some ground against the circle-jerk despite my (and I'm sure everyone else's at this point despite a vapid few) best intentions to not drag another TLJ argument into another thread.

Especially when one's threading together contextless gifs to one another (really showed me there) as if it weren't a deliberate narrative choice to show a progression of a character from beginning to end. Which in itself I find bizarre that some people actively ignore what Luke overcomes and achieves at the end of the film but I guess Rian's expertise and filmic craftsmanship of giving an old caricature new life and obstacles (y'know a character arc; never seen those in films before) flew over the head for some. Or maybe it didn't and they choose to neglect which is even worse. Here they come now.

Alright just ordered the regular version. I was initially going to pass on this, as I wasn't feeling the weird CG face at all, but then I was reminded by Jedha in his preview video that this is a figure you're mostly going to want displayed with the hood up and in a badass lightsaber pose anyway, so the sculpt is kind of a moot issue. 😆

PO'd the Regular edition! this will be my most anticipated figure, DEC 2022 couldn't come fast enough!

Btw is the hooded cape wired?

Back