1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear 90% of HT video reviews are "Here's 10 minutes just talking about the box, and maybe I'll show the actual full figure for a few seconds at the very end."

I'm still struggling to like this one over the ROTJ v1 head sculpt, but maybe it looks better in hand? The articulated eyes are awesome though!

I'm still struggling to like this one over the ROTJ v1 head sculpt, but maybe it looks better in hand? The articulated eyes are awesome though!

It’s probably that the new one (especially the hair) takes you back to that CGI mess in the Mando S2 Finale. But for me at least, it really is no contest based strictly on facial likeness:

40F7B0E5-6E81-410D-95DC-8FC33718CDCB.jpeg

Same here.

Jedha showed the comparison. Surprisingly, side by side, the difference to the ROTJ v1 head sculpt doesn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be. Or is it just me?

Unbenannt.PNG

The proportion of the body is definitely an improvement though.

What are the chances we'll see this head in a ROTJ Luke 2.0 40th anniversary release, or even a two-pack with a ROTJ Vader?

I tried the light up arm saber and it's actually pretty decent. Of course it's a waste of time with those cell batteries. Is it possible to wire them to those soap reactors?

So frustrating HT didn't use the USB tech with this figure! Still considering whether to go the CCFL route or not.

Yeah I've gone down the ccfl route so hopefully that comes in soon. I was thinking, has anyone replaced the acrylic rods with off the shelf rods and cut to size? They are super cheap and wouldn't be that hard to do, file down for the peg etc

Same here.

Jedha showed the comparison. Surprisingly, side by side, the difference to the ROTJ v1 head sculpt doesn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be. Or is it just me?

View attachment 629569
Yeah I agree the difference is not huge, but I do like the expression more on the new one.

I slightly repainted my ROTJ sculpt (darkened the teeth and the inner brow), so I'm curious what the difference will be in hand.

Not the best screengrabs, but here the Mando head with the ROTJ hair piece from the same vid (@Jedha Patrol 's review).

Screenshot_20230323_174245_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230323_174321_YouTube.jpg

And a quick and dirty comparison using Jedha's images.
20230323_175124.jpg

I think the gritted teeth sculpt is fine for what it is. If it was an extra sculpt that came with a figure that had a neutral one too it would have been fine and no one would be hating on it.

As the only sculpt for a figure it’s pretty terrible though. Hot Toys at the time was really milking ROTJ Luke and turning what should have been one DX into three whole figures.

Same here.

View attachment 629569

The proportion of the body is definitely an improvement though.
Almost seems like it's just a closed-mouth version of the same ROTJ sculpt with PERS of course. But in profile I think there's always been something a bit odd looking or elongated about the ROTJ Luke that I don't think this new one has.

Back