1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they finally got me to break my ESB-only streak with Hot Toys. Now the temptation to order Mando w/ the Pedro head is even stronger, heh.

I am here to remind you to err on the side of fiscal caution; it is only money, as they say but you have to hoard it!

HAHA thats a no from me, dawg. I think pretty much everybody here has the impulse control of a Capuchin monkey on three Red Bulls and a hit of crank, that's just a guess. So yeah: DOOOOOOO EEEETTTTTTTTT

With the most anticipated Mando Luke has been released, in conjunction with imminent releases of Fennec and Grogu set number 2, I hope this Mandalorian Madness will be temporarily put on hold for a while.

pre ordered. Was going back and forth and had enough as I didn’t want to have any regrets later if not having it.

It was neat seeing Luke have a go at some canon fodder but I'll always prefer the more nuanced albeit low-key take on the character we got in TLJ. But I'm glad folk got their release in terms of Luke doing badass force/lightsaber stuff and I'm happy I can enjoy both.

Figure looks good and the accessories are ace but I'm not exactly jumping to PO it. Seeing a bit a Lundgren in him.

soprano-result-bad.gif

giphy.gif

Luke Rise of the Skywalker to Milk Alien Tits - GIF on Imgur.mp4_000000567.gif

giphy.gif

Truth Is A Point Of View - Luke Skywalker Vs Kylo Ren All 3 .gif

Star Wars the last jedi - Rey and kylo touch hands -Full HD 1080-.mp4_000094427.gif

tenor.gif

zz (1).gif
zz (2).gif

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

Last edited:
I’m very curious to know if the head on this is compatible with the ROTJ hair piece, would be a nice upgrade to my MMS Luke.

Hot Toys perfectly recreated the look of Luke in the Mandalorian season finale, which is to be commended. They did a great job!

But I wasn't really convinced with the quality of the de-aging here. In my opinion it wasn't nearly as good as Tony Stark in Civil War or Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel.

That's why this is an easy pass for me. I actually prefer my ROTJ-Luke, since it looks more like a real-life young Mark Hamill.

But in regards to the likeness to his depiction in the Mandalorian, this figure is absolutely amazing and I'm glad for anybody who wants to get him.

Hot Toys perfectly recreated the look of Luke in the Mandalorian season finale, which is to be commended. They did a great job!

But I wasn't really convinced with the quality of the de-aging here. In my opinion it wasn't nearly as good as Tony Stark in Civil War or Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel.

That's why this is an easy pass for me. I actually prefer my ROTJ-Luke, since it looks more like a real-life young Mark Hamill.

But in regards to the likeness to his depiction in the Mandalorian, this figure is absolutely amazing and I'm glad for anybody who wants to get him.
Well it wasn’t really de-aging, they CGI’d over an actor with similar facial features.

I’m very curious to know if the head on this is compatible with the ROTJ hair piece, would be a nice upgrade to my MMS Luke.
This.

I was thinking the same, swap the ROTJ head to the Mando Luke, have the hood down, and use the Mando Luke hs with the windswept hair on the ROTJ version.

This.

I was thinking the same, swap the ROTJ head to the Mando Luke, have the hood down, and use the Mando Luke hs with the windswept hair on the ROTJ version.
I have the original MMS429, I like the hair, this new portrait just has a stronger MH likeness than the previous Jedi Lukes and it would be a welcome upgrade, and I could make good use of the posable eyes. Wouldn't shock me if we see an image soon showing that you can do this, sweeten the selling power of this new figure showing it can be put to further use.

Well it wasn’t really de-aging, they CGI’d over an actor with similar facial features.

First+Look+at+Mark+Hamill+on+The+Set+of+THE+MANDALORIAN+Season+2.jpg

That's what I thought too before seeing this and now I'm wondering if they really did try to de-age him instead of create a totally CGI head and animate it. Maybe that's why it came off so weird looking. I think obviously during the lightsaber scenes it was someone else, but not here.

First+Look+at+Mark+Hamill+on+The+Set+of+THE+MANDALORIAN+Season+2.jpg

That's what I thought too before seeing this and now I'm wondering if they really did try to de-age him instead of create a totally CGI head and animate it. Maybe that's why it came off so weird looking. I think obviously during the lightsaber scenes it was someone else, but not here.
I'm sure Hamill gave some kind of performance separately at some point for a frame of reference, but he's not as slim as he used to be, Max Lloyd Jones is credited as being the body double for Luke Skywalker. If it was all kept top secret it would have got out that Mark Hamill was actually on set I'm sure.

Back