1/6 Hot Toys - Captain America: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't super thrilled about the price, but definitely glad I picked him up this time. Probably my favorite armor.

DSCF1315-3.jpg

It's super nice. It's my favorite armor too. I want to pick him up too but he is very pricey and find him too slim compared to the model of the film. So I am hesitant :LOL:

Last edited:
Just got my copy in today, this mofo is awesome! This being my first HT Iron Man, I’m loving the details, and it’s got some good weight to it. The scale isn’t too off-putting from what I currently have and it’s probably as close as I’d like to get to “comics style” without the goofy plastic. I’m digging it.
4E4B4C0F-436C-4F4A-AEC3-D22A93D2CDCA.jpeg

Team Stark Selfie!
AA7A6A21-8796-4A22-9D36-A84DA113786A.jpeg

People who picked him, do you find him too slim ? In the photos he looks very slim (like his head is too big :LOL: ). I am curious about your opinion. Thanks

People who picked him, do you find him too slim ? In the photos he looks very slim (like his head is too big :LOL: ). I am curious about your opinion. Thanks
Not at all. I actually think some of the other armors are a bit pin headed (85 and especially 45).
46 looks like a tank to me compared to all the other slim/organic styled armored.

I think in some ways “yes”, in some ways “no”. The movie version looks wide and has a thicker neck in some shots, but the figures themselves lose a little of the “man in suit” look because of the articulation engineering. His waist looks slim but the legs and upper body look huge.

I kind of understand that they have to change the suit a little to add articulations (and they really did a good job) but it's his arms that I find very slim and his shoulder a little bit small. In the movie he looks a little bit more bulky. But maybe it's just in the photos and I am totally wrong :LOL:

Last edited:
I kind of understand that they have to change the suit a little to add articulations (and they really did a good job) but it's his arms that I find very slim and his shoulder a little bit small. In the movie he looks a little bit more bulky. But maybe it's just in the photos and I am totally wrong :LOL:
I understand the hesitation, but a lot of things can be skewed in photos. I know some folks hate the "it looks better in person" and swear by the fact that if something looks bad/off in a picture, then it must look that way in hand; but lots of times that just isn't the case. Even the blogger photos that HT releases, while professional looking, can often make a figure look worse. Maybe look for some video reviews that might have some comparisons to other armors in it. That might help more than photos and asking in this thread.

I just wish this armor was different than the Mark 47. They're virtually identical. The 47 just has silver instead of red. It looks 95% the same, except for the color. Depending on your perspective, one is no more than a repaint of the other.
mark.jpg

I just wish this armor was different than the Mark 47. They're virtually identical. The 47 just has silver instead of red. It looks 95% the same, except for the color. Depending on your perspective, one is no more than a repaint of the other.

Considering the 47 came after the 46, it would make the 47 the repaint.

But those two aren’t the only armors that are barely different from one another. It’s really no different than what the MCU did for the 42 being primarily gold with red accents in IM3 then inverting that for 43 in AOU. Or how the MK6 is basically the Mk 4 with some silver accents and a triangle arc reactor.

Its already on their normal site and if you have a discount code its eligible already.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-xlvi-hot-toys-909838

Thx...put my order in using a few left over points and a discount code that knocked a bit off.

Nearly £100 in import duty with DHL though...bringing this in at almost £550 shipped to the UK. That's the most I've ever paid for a figure. The pound / dollar exchange rate really hurting us this side of the pond.

Thx...put my order in using a few left over points and a discount code that knocked a bit off.

Nearly £100 in import duty with DHL though...bringing this in at almost £550 shipped to the UK. That's the most I've ever paid for a figure. The pound / dollar exchange rate really hurting us this side of the pond.
Yeah I vacationed to London in 2000 and at that time, gas there was the equivalent to 5 US dollars and I asked my tour guide who would even want a car at that cost and he said gas had always been high there. So when I hear people in the US complain about $5 dollar gas I think its probably even worse elsewhere.

Yeah I vacationed to London in 2000 and at that time, gas there was the equivalent to 5 US dollars and I asked my tour guide who would even want a car at that cost and he said gas had always been high there. So when I hear people in the US complain about $5 dollar gas I think its probably even worse elsewhere.
prices here are ridiculous, and a lot of it is taxes

I just wish this armor was different than the Mark 47. They're virtually identical. The 47 just has silver instead of red. It looks 95% the same, except for the color. Depending on your perspective, one is no more than a repaint of the other.View attachment 600027

They are repaints. They are the same chassis, that's not a secret, nor is that different than the actual film versions. Even ignoring Mk4/6, Mk 42/43, a fourth the HPP are straight repaints. Midas is a gold Mk7, Mk8 and Piston, Mk 9 and Python, Mk10 and Tiger, 11 and Jack, 12 and Disco, Heartbreaker and Tank, Shotgun and Shades, Striker and Gamma, Blue Steel and Centurion, Snapper and Peacemaker, IP and Hot Rod. That's how concept artists generally work, and especially how assets with less screen time are handled from a time and budget perspective. They wanted a visually distinct suit for like 2 scenes, that's the easiest way to do it

Back