1/6 Hot Toys - Captain America: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what did you search for on ebay? I tried too but with no luck
I think it was “hot toys iron man neck” something like that. Nothing overly specific. There were only 2 sellers on eBay that had some at the time. I think they both had 3 in stock. By the time I ordered one, I got the last from one of the sellers.

I also picked up the Endgame team suit Tony sculpt since it was cheaper than the original mk46 sculpt (also with the more updated paint apps) but it’s basically the same without the black eye. I can paint that on if I want to.

Last edited:
Ive had a 10% code for a few months and some rewards points so I got it down to $400 total. I tried the bestfest code as a saved promo code and input directly into the apply code box but those didnt work. Either way that 10% off that I used expired in november anyway.

just need to actually pull the trigger. Hopefully it will still be around in the next 2 weeks for my next pay period. But otherwise, I’m ready and waiting to try this sculpt out on this guy. Would definitely suck if it doesn’t actually fit the neck joint inside the figure :lol

F687F5BE-528C-44D1-AD69-ADF1C2ED2621.jpeg

Will the iron man Mark 46 still be available after the end of Bestember or it is exclusive to this event ? Thanks

Last edited:
it isn't confirmed, and they made it sound like it is exclusive during the Bestember event but I wouldn't be surprised if it'll for sale after event ends

just need to actually pull the trigger. Hopefully it will still be around in the next 2 weeks for my next pay period. But otherwise, I’m ready and waiting to try this sculpt out on this guy. Would definitely suck if it doesn’t actually fit the neck joint inside the figure :lol
I ended up winning a bid for the team suit stark head sculpt on ebay after seeing this lol
my mark 46 should be coming in tomorrow/friday I will try to see if the head is compatible

I don't like the scales personally regardless of comic accuracy. And I think having those complicated the Endgame figure, probably not helping the shape & proportions issues. So I prefer the Civil War outfit. Although using the same material as the IW/EG figures, as would probably have been the case, might not be an improvement from what I hear. Annnnnnnd they'd probably have given him the same undersized Endgame head had they done Civil War 2.0 right now....but screw it, I'd probably have sucked it up and bought it. My only Cap is the 2012 2.0, I need one of his cooler outfits.

But yes, my point was that a simultaneous Civil War Cap and Iron Man announcement would have hyped me into buying both. But without the guarantee of a CW Cap 2.0 I don't want to own a random Mark 46 Iron Man.
I myself love his EG outfit with the scales. But I actually agree I prefer the CW outfit plus no Avengers logo on the shoulders as the paint on the EG cap rubs off on them which is HT laziness at play as the A on them are supposed to be raised. So CW is definitely my preferred look with Stealth suit cap the suit material is printed on rather then being like the EG figure, here is hoping they can do that with a 2.0 Cap to go with IM. But I agree that all caps outfits need 2.0s same with the other heroes.

Oh you are in Canada too! Did you have to pay customs fees/taxes ?
Yes I always pay taxes with DHL, it is $19 processing fee + 13% province tax (they convert how much you paid sideshow in USD to CAD)

I ended up winning a bid for the team suit stark head sculpt on ebay after seeing this lol
my mark 46 should be coming in tomorrow/friday I will try to see if the head is compatible
haha glad I could help :duff Looking forward to finding out if that sculpt will git on the 46. I do have an extra neck plug that's meant to allow any Tony Sculpt to fit the Iron man armors but I'd rather not have to mod this sculpt to fit it in fear of messing it up
I myself love his EG outfit with the scales. But I actually agree I prefer the CW outfit plus no Avengers logo on the shoulders as the paint on the EG cap rubs off on them which is HT laziness at play as the A on them are supposed to be raised. So CW is definitely my preferred look with Stealth suit cap the suit material is printed on rather then being like the EG figure, here is hoping they can do that with a 2.0 Cap to go with IM. But I agree that all caps outfits need 2.0s same with the other heroes.
Yea I love the real EG outfit as well, just think HT was lazy by doing fully sculpted pieces instead of parts sewn into the fabric elements. Or they should’ve just screen-printed the scales instead of using any sculpted elements. I would love a CW2.0 with either the IW/EG material or the new Stealth 2.0 material. And if that does eventually happen, I will probably keep certain parts from EG Cap and sell the rest. The suits are too similar to have both IMO.

But like you said, all Cap's outfits need a 2.0 as well as a few of the other Avengers. After Cap, my main 2.0 wants would be:
  • Thor 1 and Avengers 1 Thor
  • IM2, Avengers 1 and AOU Black Widow
  • Even though I recently picked up a WS Bucky, I would still like a 2.0 hopefully made with better faux leather vest and sleeve and a chrome arm like the CW figure has.

Last edited:
Question for anyone who has this already: Is this one compatible with most Tony Stark headsculpts?
It is compatible! Here I am using the mark 47 neck collar + mark 47 Tony headsculpt. Hot toys even had the neck collar sculpt but they chose not to include it.

Attachments

• 20220914_153502.jpg
    20220914_153502.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220914_153757.jpg
    20220914_153757.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I definitely agree the entire CW line needs 2.0s. We also need Spider-man from the film with the slight dark blue to his suit, plus I can see a Cap from that being my favorite one. I love EG Cap with the scales but I either want his CW outfit redone or AOU.

Oh dang you're right! We have't gotten an officially branded CW Spider-Man, that'd be cool if they later down the line.

No problem :duff

Yea I bought one on eBay the moment this 2.0 was announced. Days later, all the ones on eBay were gone.

Yea I’d love a 2.0 of CW Cap. I think all the Cap figures desperately need a updated version. TFA Cap 2.0 would be a grail for me

Except Concept Cap :monkey3

Haha you got me there!

:lol

Yeah I think the consensus is that it’s the best Cap (proportionally) and it has the benefit of not being strictly based off a film appearance lol

TA broke one down yesterday actually so I was able to nab the body to finally see what it’s all about.

Nice score!

Last edited:
I might actually pull the trigger on this today. Not sure I need the base, though. It looks cool but it does not leave much standing room for the figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I decided to order this from Sideshow, I shed a single tear...but as I looked at the prices on eBay, I shed two tears. The 10% Off coupon and some Rewards Points softened the blow. Should be here Tuesday, I'm hyped!

When I ordered the VG Miles Morales early this year I got a "10% Off " coupon on the shipper box that was good until November. It may just depend on what you order (specifically Hot Toys) or if you get it double boxed. For whatever reason, the Mark 46 is available for "Bestember" registrants only but you can't use the BESTFEST code, which is weird.

Back