1/6 Hot Toys - Black Widow - Red Guardian (Teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like David Harbour to me. But there's something about the paint job I don't quite like...hard to put my finger on it. Maybe the skin tone is too dark. Still, the sculpt looks great to me and it's nice to get an actual facial expression for once.
Looks like asian David Harbour to me....

392139-24EB6130-F558-480B-B51C-D197CCC68AF4.jpeg

They both are accurate- the red star shield was his original shield when being the Red Guardian historically, but he doesn't use it in the movie. The little shield is Taskmaster's, and he does take it use it in the movie a bit

This will be another Hot Toys figure in the prototype landfill... I'll be shocked
if we ever see the character again on-screen and it doesn't seem like the type of
figure that Hot Toys cares to release past the proto.

If Valkerie can't make it to PO (a way more relevant character), no reason this guy will.

RedGuardian.jpg

Just finished up some work on my Red Guardian (Present Toys "Red Commander"). Left is stock, straight out of the box and photographed. Right is my figure after some work.

Used padding to adjust the body proportions (the figure comes with padding, but I felt it needed some extra to get the right shape).

Star was a touch too small, so I 3D modeled, printed and painted a new one (also I melted mine removing it, so I had no choice XD).

Repainted the beard, as David's hair in the movie is darker, and added his gold tooth.

Added quite a bit of soot/dirt/weathering, most of which I think is washed out in the photos, but is closer to the worn look his costume had in the movie.

I did attempt to paint the outfit a better red, but unfortunately the vinyl fabric they used wouldn't accept anything, even my leather/vinyl paints. So I just accept that the red is not as deep as I'd like. I may still repaint the helmet to bring the color closer to the suit.

Overall, after some work, I'm pretty satisfied. Maybe we'll get a Red Guardian from Thunderbolts, but who knows what he'll wear. Happy to have this with my Black Widow stuff for now.

Back