1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - Captain America (Stealth Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually find that separation really jarring and the gaps are hugely visible sometimes.

To each his own, everything Hot Toys does now is under criticism from someone.

I am super excited for this one, got my original 2-pack yesterday a have the stealth shield ready. Cannot wait to see him in person!

To each his own, everything Hot Toys does now is under criticism from someone.

I am super excited for this one, got my original 2-pack yesterday a have the stealth shield ready. Cannot wait to see him in person!
Agreed. I’m excited for this one (or at least will be if/when SS puts up the PO). Not going to go out of my way to order from TW or TBA though. For the most part, I have no problem with my EG Cap, so I’m more than sure I’ll be happy with this figure as well.

Obviously TW is shady, but if there's truly "only" 250 of these, the allotment that TW could obtain and subsequently sell would have been completely wiped within minutes of announcement. So either they know something about future stock, or they're gonna drag out a lot of purchases on a figure that doesn't exist.

1660538360896.png

1660538377549.png

Pick up day for everyone in Shanghai

But do they look pinheaded?
Depends on who you ask. I would say there are a equal amounts who do and don’t think so, but the ones who do think it’s pinheaded are the loudest. I don’t think so. I actually tried out putting the original stealth suit headsculpt on the EG cap figure since a lot ppl said it made the figure look better, but I felt it looked way too big. Even tried the Civil War and Concept headsculpts and didn’t like any of them on the EG Cap figure.
Thanks for the pics. And here I was looking at my OG stealth figure thinking I could salvage it (and probably can), but that new one looks really good to me. Really hoping SS puts this up for order.

So for what it’s worth, this is the civil war head & neck with the concept suit neck extension on the endgame body…I prefer this over the masked endgame head…I also took some shots of the two heads next to each other.

To me, the masked endgame head doesn’t scale right next to the very same unmasked head it comes with 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 2A93FEBF-8D1D-4772-B3F3-508D7D34B1DC.jpeg
    2A93FEBF-8D1D-4772-B3F3-508D7D34B1DC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 946F8AC5-5B14-4832-B922-35215564B8EB.jpeg
    946F8AC5-5B14-4832-B922-35215564B8EB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 92B0B22E-419B-48F6-A088-DD9757C82E1C.jpeg
    92B0B22E-419B-48F6-A088-DD9757C82E1C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 63FFFA7D-B6DA-4D9D-A34D-DED41DB6A66B.jpeg
    63FFFA7D-B6DA-4D9D-A34D-DED41DB6A66B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • E6124EDB-CC8D-489F-AAB5-A20CB52450A2.jpeg
    E6124EDB-CC8D-489F-AAB5-A20CB52450A2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DF5B7C51-1523-4921-90E3-423365AB7D93.jpeg
    DF5B7C51-1523-4921-90E3-423365AB7D93.jpeg
I think that looks way better but I never liked those interchangeable sculpts because the mouthpiece makes the face look elongated and ruins the likeness imo.

Still way better than the stock Endgame and Stealth suit. The size difference in those pics is almost comical.

We like what we like. I don’t think anyone is wrong, just a matter of preference. I have all the Cap headsculpts aside from FA and AOU (though AoU is pretty much the same as Stealth suit and Battling CW). Having tried all those on the EG figure, I still prefer the original EG head over the others.

For me, the other heads look too big on the EG figure. In the picture above showing the original stealth figure next to the new, the original head even looks a little too big for the body that it’s on imo. And the Concept Cap figure has bigger arms and shoulders than any other Cap figure, so it also helps compensate for the larger and longer headsculpt.

And then, when you consider that ppl were using the MoS body on their Cap figures (which is one of HT largest bodies) and the headsculpts looked just fine on said body, tell you that the original heads were too big for the bodies they came with imo

Last edited:
Here’s a photo with him next to the iron men for comparison, forgive them museum poses lol 😂 I placed the EG Cap head next to Tony’s, etc. and yeah…I guess I’d say I probably wouldn’t feel a way about it, if the head and figure were by himself. It’s once you compare it to things that it starts to show, imo.

But no, I’ll agree, I wouldn’t say anyone is wrong…it’s definitely personal preference. Until Iron Koob pointed the size difference out to me, I never noticed before.

I would probably not feel a certain way if they had adjusted the size of the Evans unmasked sculpt, but the fact that they don’t pair to each other in the same box irked me lol

And I totally get the EG head for some is great, and that’s great if you like it! And more cost effective too lol

Attachments

• 2EED5884-0FC9-4BD0-8C03-56040D665BAF.jpeg
    2EED5884-0FC9-4BD0-8C03-56040D665BAF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
To me, the only thing that makes the EG unhelmeted head look bigger is the hair and the neck is maybe 1-2mm longer. The eyes, nose and chin appear to line up just fine.

I dont' think there's any doubt that the newer helmet head is smaller than the older ones. What I'm saying is the older heads were too big based on what I see in hand with the figures/heads I have and even in the photo below. I have no problem going the custom route if I need to but I just don't feel that way on this one. Even almost got Jaxon's EG helmeted sculpt but decided against it. I personally feel Unreal's lacks detail (especially in the paint and doesn't = the $400 price tag) and the nose is way too bulbus. We could probably keep beating this dead horse to no end :horse :LOL: but good thing is, we have options so everyone can have the look they prefer.

402865-1660538377549.png

Last edited:
To me, the only thing that makes the EG unhelmeted head look bigger is the hair and the neck is maybe 1-2mm longer. The eyes, nose and chin appear to line up just fine.

I dont' think there's any doubt that the newer helmet head is smaller than the older ones. What I'm saying is the older heads were too big based on what I see in hand with the figures/heads I have and even in the photo below. The good thing is, we have options so everyone can have the look they prefer.

402865-1660538377549.png

Yeah, I’ll admit it’s a nitpick of mine, but this is what I mean - the proportions/ears - and that’s where it throws me off that the EG ears to me either sit too low, or the Evans head are too high - but I’ll overall agree, options for us are always nice! :) 🍻

Attachments

• 43B16597-D1CA-4D2E-B88C-74318721929D.jpeg
    43B16597-D1CA-4D2E-B88C-74318721929D.jpeg
  • 8C5DA5D7-E32C-43EF-B777-9D57660C1B37.jpeg
    8C5DA5D7-E32C-43EF-B777-9D57660C1B37.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 594337

Pick up day for everyone in Shanghai

Oof, OG Stealth Cap definitely shipped in rough shape.

I did a body swap on mine years ago and got better proportions, so the suit is salvageable with a bit of work. The new one looks good without the effort of the swap, but for the cost of a whole new figure...

It's hard not to see the smaller hands/head. Is Hot Toys doing that in order to make Cap look beefier without actually changing their regular body, I wonder?

Attachments

• 20220815_152448.jpg
    20220815_152448.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 0

I dont' think there's any doubt that the newer helmet head is smaller than the older ones. What I'm saying is the older heads were too big based on what I see in hand with the figures/heads I have and even in the photo below. I have no problem going the custom route if I need to but I just don't feel that way on this one. Even almost got Jaxon's EG helmeted sculpt but decided against it. I personally feel Unreal's lacks detail (especially in the paint and doesn't = the $400 price tag) and the nose is way too bulbus. We could probably keep beating this dead horse to no end :horse :LOL: but good thing is, we have options so everyone can have the look they prefer.

402865-1660538377549.png
The helmet colour matches better for the new one compared to the OG - that was another thing that bothered me about it.

Up at TBA now. But with these prices I'll be holding out for a wider release. 3530 HKD with code. Plus shipping on top

Yea given the wording in their latest IG post, I think it’s only a matter of time before SS puts up the POs. Just gotta be patient.

“Hot Toys has prepared a series of exclusive items firstly available at this new store location.”

The thing is, they know how badly ppl want these, so I do wonder how much SS is gonna end up charging for this and the MK46

Last edited:
Yea given the wording in their latest IG post, I think it’s only a matter of time before SS puts up the POs. Just gotta be patient.

“Hot Toys has prepared a series of exclusive items firstly available at this new store location.”

The thing is, they know how badly ppl want these, so I do wonder how much SS is gonna end up charging for this and the MK46
Noticed that too

I did a body swap on mine years ago and got better proportions, so the suit is salvageable with a bit of work. The new one looks good without the effort of the swap, but for the cost of a whole new figure...
Would something similar work for Golden Age Cap, I wonder? It is my favorite Cap outfit by far, and I might actually invest in one if I could improve the body and maybe use a different head. I’d rather not have to retailor the outfit if I can help it.

I am keeping an eye on Sideshow for this stealth reissue. CA: Winter Soldier is still my favorite Marvel movie by a wide margin, would be nice to finally have this.

Back