1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - Captain America (Stealth Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been numerous Hot Toys figures that use fabric and have much better posability than the original stealth cap. Upper body posability on concept, infinity war, 2012, and Endgame are good, but I can barely get the legs to move forward on any to get a really good action pose. If they don't want to use fabric, then they should at least make this look more accurate to the original suit.

Last edited:
Something I just noticed: New Stealth Suit has a SHIELD emblem on right deltoid. Not sure that was there in the movie, but even so - SHIELD was finished by this point in the MCU.

Something I just noticed: New Stealth Suit has a SHIELD emblem on right deltoid. Not sure that was there in the movie, but even so - SHIELD was finished by this point in the MCU.

suprised-monkey.gif

There have been numerous Hot Toys figures that use fabric and have much better posability than the original stealth cap. Upper body posability on concept, infinity war, 2012, and Endgame are good, but I can barely get the legs to move forward on any to get a really good action pose. If they don't want to use fabric, then they should at least make this look more accurate to the original suit.
I understand that. But you specifically said "I would have preferred fabric like the original" to which I was saying why would anyone want the original fabric suit which was bad and hindered articulation arguably worse than the more current Cap figures. Ppl blame the fat suit, but from my experience working on the figure, the fat suit didn't really hinder arm articulation, but rather the black band across the upper back that was connecting the shoulders of the undershirt together that was really the culprit. I remember reading one member cut the fat suit to pieces and it made no real difference. Now, if you're talking fabric in general then cool, which I agreed to especially if it looked like the original stealth suit proto. But, I don't think anyone would want them to reuse the production fabric from the original suit. That's the point I was making.

Regarding leg articulation on Endgame and IW Cap, I've found that if you remove the pants and sort of wear them out with your hands it makes them less stiff than when fresh out of the box and allows for better leg articulation. I hesitate to say crumble them with your hands as I don't to be the blame for anyone going too far and ruining their figure's pants :lol but it worked for me. Taking the pants off and putting them back on again to test different bodies made them more malleable and enhanced the leg articulation. I think the pulling and yanking is really what did the trick.

Last edited:
I just looked at the scene where the Avengers bumrush Thanos. The SHIELD emblem is there. Steve hadn't worn that suit since "Winter Soldier" so we can assume it was in storage...no time to "debadge" it, I suppose.

I understand that. But you specifically said "I would have preferred fabric like the original" to which I was saying why would anyone want the original fabric suit which was bad and hindered articulation arguably worse than the more current Cap figures. Ppl blame the fat suit, but from my experience working on the figure, the fat suit didn't really hinder arm articulation, but rather the black band across the upper back that was connecting the shoulders of the undershirt together that was really the culprit. I remember reading one member cut the fat suit to pieces and it made no real difference. Now, if you're talking fabric in general then cool, which I agreed to especially if it looked like the original stealth suit proto. But, I don't think anyone would want them to reuse the production fabric from the original suit. That's the point I was making.

Yeah, I didn't mean to literally use the same suit. We've seen many examples of recent figures that use cloth like fabric that have excellent articulation. We've also seen suits that use the same material as this new stealth cap that more accurately captured a cloth like aesthetic. For me, this prototype just isn't very impressive here compared to the original stealth prototype. Yes, Hot Toys missed the mark with the production figure on that one, but we've seen them do much better with other figures. Just like we've seen them do better with the proportions of the figure with the Concept cap. Maybe the production piece will be better, but I'm not sold with the proto. I'm always happy to upgrade when a better figure comes along - especially one like this that needed a huge upgrade. But I don't want to be paying $300 for something they are cutting corners on.

The paper thin justification for him wearing the stealth suit in Endgame was the implication that it was still hanging in his locker at Avenger HQ and his civil war/nomad outfit was too tattered and smelly to keep using. He didn't commission a new one in the brief respite between loosing to Thanos and space shipping off to go get him in the Benatar

Yeah, I didn't mean to literally use the same suit. We've seen many examples of recent figures that use cloth like fabric that have excellent articulation. We've also seen suits that use the same material as this new stealth cap that more accurately captured a cloth like aesthetic. For me, this prototype just isn't very impressive here compared to the original stealth prototype. Yes, Hot Toys missed the mark with the production figure on that one, but we've seen them do much better with other figures. Just like we've seen them do better with the proportions of the figure with the Concept cap. Maybe the production piece will be better, but I'm not sold with the proto. I'm always happy to upgrade when a better figure comes along - especially one like this that needed a huge upgrade. But I don't want to be paying $300 for something they are cutting corners on.
I get what you're saying. HT can really be great when they really put their all into something. I'm in no way saying this figure is a homerun just b/c I'm happy with what I'm seeing (at least more so than others) but I'm not blind either :lol I see its short comings, but I'm overall very pleased with it. Being unhappy with the original figure right here in front of me is enough for me to be happy with what I see from this release.

Some see this is a nice upgrade like myself but on the other hand I also understand what others were hoping for and why there is disappointment. There's always going to be some on both sides of the coin. At the end of the day, the best way to vote is with your wallet.

I just looked at the scene where the Avengers bumrush Thanos. The SHIELD emblem is there. Steve hadn't worn that suit since "Winter Soldier" so we can assume it was in storage...no time to "debadge" it, I suppose.
Okay, well done on the research. Scratch my mutterings.

What’s weird is how the concept Caps traps wasn’t even part of the body or really fat suit. If you pushed down on it there was nothing there underneath, it was how they stitched that section of his armor which they could have done here but nooooo let’s be lazy and do bare minimum to get him out asap. Such a shame, this was the Cap I wanted for my collection but I won’t buy it.

Man, that weird texture on the rubber suit for the 2.0 makes this figure a pass for me.

The paper thin justification for him wearing the stealth suit in Endgame was the implication that it was still hanging in his locker at Avenger HQ and his civil war/nomad outfit was too tattered and smelly to keep using. He didn't commission a new one in the brief respite between loosing to Thanos and space shipping off to go get him in the Benatar
There really doesn't need to be some grand explanation or "justification" outside of Cap just choosing to wear the suit? Like dog, superheroes aren't contractually obligated to wear a certain or most recent suit? Tf.

Am actually really excited for the upgraded Stealth Suit, so much so that I found a TWS 2-Pack brand new for
$250.00 this morning and pulled the trigger, just to have the diecast stealth shield and the Steve Rogers figure.

Figured I can sell the OG Stealth figure for $100 - $150 and keep the rest of the set until this guy releases.
Did you see it before you bought it? The stealth suit on this figure rubs up against the neck staining it blue. Hopefully yours will be fine.

There really doesn't need to be some grand explanation or "justification" outside of Cap just choosing to wear the suit? Like dog, superheroes aren't contractually obligated to wear a certain or most recent suit? Tf.

Like dog, I was responding to this...

But since you're bringing it up, yes effective fictional storytelling does tend to involve an array of deliberate narrative tools and actual reasons for choices made both in the plot and in the visuals, especially when stringing together a continuous, connected story across dozens of feature length films. And its pretty lazy when those actual reasons are just fan service. Fan service with tenuous narrative backing. But wouldn't you know it that's probably about 90% of Endgame to varying degrees. Its not that deep. And I enjoyed it just fine.

But... really in this particular fan-servicey circumstance there really is the fact that narratively and logically there is no good reason that Steve would have any positive connotations associated with the shield suit- considering what it ultimately came to represent by the end of TWS, much less that he apparently kept it lovingly tucked away in a footlocker through multiple moves (after having necessarily retrieved it from whatever dumpster it got tossed into after escaping from the Triskelion).

Yet as the transition to IW to EG happens, Steve's former suit is in tatters from nomading. He needs something else to wear to battle. Why have him wear one of the 20 clean pairs of his most recent suit design that would reasonably still be scattered all over Avengers HQ... when Cap fans can be delighted to see a callback to that slick navy blue suit again that is just so cool. Yeah, that's really why its there.

Its not actually reasonable for there to be no "grand explanation" in this case because one, the Stealth suit should implicitly no longer exist or two, just choosing to wear it like its laundry day and nothing else is clean ignores an entire movie worth of manipulative baggage associated with it. Its tenuous at first glance and makes even less sense the deeper you go. The only way they decided the could have their cake and eat it too was to lightly justify needing a change in uniform, having it be one that fans really like independently of its in-universe context, and getting it over with so fast and early that no one really recalls what or why anyway. If it had been a clean Civil War suit, or even Ultron, or Coulson Cap (I mean, they played that card later anyway), none of those would really raise an eyebrow for existing somewhere in storage or being worn again for old times sake. The Strike Suit is pretty much the only one that stretches credulity in a big way. But who cares, they stomped that ill fitting puzzle piece in there and went on with their day, and we're left with shrugging and going "well, I guess..."

Why can't HT not learn and use the same body as the concept cap? That one was perfect with the traps. I see no need to upgrade to this from my OG stealth suit cap.
Because then you wont buy the 3rd version that they release

Did you see it before you bought it? The stealth suit on this figure rubs up against the neck staining it blue. Hopefully yours will be fine.

It is still sealed in the brown shipper, even if it has the staining I am going to sell the Stealth Cap and
just keep the shields and the Steve Rogers figure so it isn't a big deal for me.

Back