1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - Captain America (Stealth Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I could see this being a $250-ish figure, I'll probably snag it even though I have the two-pack from TWS. I'll just keep him helmet-less and I like that it comes with the destroyed gauntlet.

I think ebayers are getting ticked off with the 2.0 reissue projects

think about how the value of the originals must be going down in value because everyone will just wait for the 2.0 versions now
Honestly, if you buy these things with the hopes of flipping, I feel like you can do better with your money in things like the stock market. At best, they triple in price but that often times takes a year or two and then you gotta factor in shipping, fees, taxes, and hope that the person who bought it doesn't try to pull a fast one.

Since they are already inaccurate providing the shield with the 2.0 (Which he didn’t have it yet in the beginning of EG) I wish they gave us the blue and silver and all silver shield from TWS

Just think because of the time jump from the beginning of EG…..it took 5 years for cap to get the shield back :eek:

Last edited:
Am actually really excited for the upgraded Stealth Suit, so much so that I found a TWS 2-Pack brand new for
$250.00 this morning and pulled the trigger, just to have the diecast stealth shield and the Steve Rogers figure.

Figured I can sell the OG Stealth figure for $100 - $150 and keep the rest of the set until this guy releases.

over 8 years since the original and we get a version with a suit that is a huge step back from what we had. And the proportions still don't look right on the new version.

View attachment 593545View attachment 593546
The prototype of the original 8 year old figure was pretty nice, but the end product wasn’t that great. I have it right here in front of me and the fabric was changed in production and isn’t as accurate as that proto pic you’ve got there, nor was the head sculpt painted near as nice as the proto. It was during the time where lots of HT figures were getting a pretty bland tan skin tone across all figures with hardly any detail. Not to mention, based on posts in the original thread, some figures had shorter sleeve than others. Then you have the arms being stuck out the sides unless you modded it which you’d have a chance at destroying the zipper (like what happened on mine as well as others who tried) and the arms could barely pose at all. So yes, the original proto looked very nice, but the production figure we got was so-so.

Last edited:
Why can't HT not learn and use the same body as the concept cap? That one was perfect with the traps. I see no need to upgrade to this from my OG stealth suit cap.
Concept Cap’s body doesn’t create the traps, it’s the way the suit is tailored on the piece that goes over the neck, traps and upper back that does it. There’s not even any padding on the on concept Cap traps if I recall. If you press on that area, it’s hollow. Only difference between Concept Cap body and the other newer cap bodies are the arms which use MoS/Darth Vader arms. I’ve tried using just concept body on Endgame Cap and Civil War Cap and It doesn’t magically solve the issue. It looks better with fuller arms, but still doesn’t come out looking like concept cap’s proportions

Last edited:
The prototype of the original 8 year old figure was pretty nice, but the end product wasn’t that great. I have it right here in front of me and the fabric was changed in production and isn’t as accurate as that proto pic you’ve got there, nor was the head sculpt painted near as nice as the proto. It was during the time where lots of HT figures were getting a pretty bland tan skin tone across all figures with hardly any detail. Not to mention, based on posts in the original thread, some figures had shorter sleeve than others. Then you have the arms being stuck out the sides unless you modded it which you’d have a chance at destroying the zipper (like what happens on mine as well as others who tried) and the arms could barely pose at all. So yes, the original proto looked very nice, but the production figure we got was so-so.
There seems to be a lot of blurred memories with regards to the original figure. I remember canceling my pre-order because the reviews of the production figure at the time were generally pretty bad and everyone seemed to be really disappointed with it.

The proto of the original looked great, the release was a dud. This proto doesn't even look good, its more of a tidy collection of all the worst habits and cheats that HT has picked up over the more recent years

There seems to be a lot of blurred memories with regards to the original figure. I remember canceling my pre-order because the reviews of the production figure at the time were generally pretty bad and everyone seemed to be really disappointed with it.
Exactly. While I’ve only recently had the original in the last few months, I went back and read through the thread before purchasing and there’s A LOT of disappointment in that thread with the original figure. Some liked it though recognize it’s faults and others have done their best to mod it. I remember one person who was even disappointed after nodding it mentioning how all that work barely made a difference in the overall appearance which ended up being the case for me as well after going through the trouble.

I had the original figure and hated it, despite it being my favourite Cap suit. No traps, bad looking body proportions and poor poseability due to the fat suit were the main negatives, however the cloth outfit was okay. I recently sold it as the Endgame figure looks a lot better.

The new figure isn't perfect, but it's an Endgame figure quality update and it will almost certainly replace my Endgame Cap figure, as I'm a single figure per character guy.

To this day, the original version is the only figure I’ve ever returned due to be unsatisfied. I’ve even re-bought it recently just to have and to upgrade to make it look as so good as some of the customs but it just wasn’t worth it and I sold it shortly after again.

As long as this looks “better” than the original, it’s an easy purchase only because I’ve really wanted this suit for my collection.

To this day, the original version is the only figure I’ve ever returned due to be unsatisfied. I’ve even re-bought it recently just to have and to upgrade to make it look as so good as some of the customs but it just wasn’t worth it and I sold it shortly after again.

As long as this looks “better” than the original, it’s an easy purchase only because I’ve really wanted this suit for my collection.
I’m in a similar boat. A couple months ago I rewatched all the Cap movies along with the Avengers ones (instead of going through the entire MCU), and it got me wanting the older figures especially after seeing all the mods which for the most part looked good. After doing the mod, I still wasn’t satisfied so I’ll be selling it as well. Obviously won’t be getting much for it, but is what it is. Still keeping my Steve Rogers figure from the set though.

I think this new one definitely looks better overall, regardless of its shortcomings IMO. The lack of stealth shield does suck but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the KO metal shields pop up again once this thing is released.

The prototype of the original 8 year old figure was pretty nice, but the end product wasn’t that great. I have it right here in front of me and the fabric was changed in production and isn’t as accurate as that proto pic you’ve got there, nor was the head sculpt painted near as nice as the proto. It was during the time where lots of HT figures were getting a pretty bland tan skin tone across all figures with hardly any detail. Not to mention, based on posts in the original thread, some figures had shorter sleeve than others. Then you have the arms being stuck out the sides unless you modded it which you’d have a chance at destroying the zipper (like what happens on mine as well as others who tried) and the arms could barely pose at all. So yes, the original proto looked very nice, but the production figure we got was so-so.
I have the original stealth as well. I'm not saying it was better. The actual outfit wasn't bad - the proportions and posability was not good. Headsculpts have never really ever been painted as good as the proto. The suit on the proto in this case doesn't even look good - I would have preferred fabric like the original - and the proportions are still inaccurate. Based on other suits that use this rubber like fabric, we're probably not getting much better posability.

Last edited:
Getting the shape and proportions right is unfortunately a matter of trial & error with bodies, outfit tailoring/padding and correct neck length. Hot Toys is unwilling to go to this trouble. :(

I have the original stealth as well. I'm not saying it was better. The actual outfit wasn't bad - the proportions and posability was not good. Headsculpts have never really ever been painted as good as the proto. The suit on the proto in this case doesn't even look good - I would have preferred fabric like the original - and the proportions are still inaccurate. Based on other suits that use this rubber like fabric, we're probably not getting much better posability.
I don't have IW Cap or the new 2012 Cap, but I have no problem posing the Endgame Cap which shares the same fabric as this guy.

I personally don't see how using the old fabric would've been better for posing or looks considering even the original could barely do a 90degree elbow bend without feeling like it was putting strain on the joint let alone raising the arm up. They would have to replicate the fabric from the original stealth proto for me to want fabric again.

But we all like what we like. I understand why some are unsatisfied with this release based on the proto, but I'm quite happy with what I'm seeing, which, in the end, is all that really matters. It will be interesting when the final product is released if the tied turns and those who were unhappy begin to order/hunt for it.

Getting the shape and proportions right is unfortunately a matter of trial & error with bodies, outfit tailoring/padding and correct neck length. Hot Toys is unwilling to go to this trouble. :(
yup. As I mentioned earlier, it's not just a matter of switching to the Concept Cap body and everything is magically fixed. The tailoring of the suit is what gives the figure the traps as it has no padding there as far as I know. It just has a padded underwear/waist band if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Back