1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - Captain America (Stealth Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So then knowing all these experiences are universal to buying limited products they decided to...

-Announce the edition size
-Repeatedly ask people to sign up for the rsvp email
-Make 0 preparations for increased traffic despite being able to gauge it by the rsvp list.

They dropped the ball big time. Maybe they could start using the rsvp/invitation system (and waitlists tbh) in cases like these for more than just a targeted email blast.
This! :lecture
Exactly my thoughts and what I articulated to their Customer Service before cancelling all my pre-orders. Bad business strategy all round. Piss off long standing customers when you know 300 would have easily sold with the customer base they had, and choosing to hype this via social media without the infrastructure to support the fall-out.

Very nice addition, absolutely love the Stealth Suit.

Will def be snapping more shots of this figure in the future.

3D5D7E01-C75C-4EFD-B044-09CCA495A312.jpeg
82A3B654-43BB-44FB-9BA4-97C3FA3FCC00.jpeg

What's even dumber is 300 ain't even the edition size. It's just the number that sideshow had available. They made a bunch for the store opening overseas so really it's like any other hot toys where we don't really have an exact idea of how many they've made.

Agreed though, I don't give a **** about reissues.

I've always been of the mind that if they want to try and find a middle ground then do like how they did with the Mk46 reissue. Don't include an accessory/headsculpt or something and that way the people that have the figure already still feel they have something unique and others can still get another chance at it.
You're right! I didn't even think about that so I amended my original post.

I know a lot of ppl get bent out of shape for reissues. I can't say that I love reissues as I do feel that those perhaps take up a production slot that could've went to a brand new figure. But it's also no skin off my back as I'm so much more selective these days that reissues give me a longer breather between purchases. It at least helps secondary market prices. Though, that also gets ppl mad b/c they treat these as their retirement investment apparently :lol
It'd be nice if we saw a "Battling Cap" Civil War type situation.
That would be cool. Give us either a boat deck or elevator dio base.

I tried to pick this up, but I was out with spotty phone reception and couldn't get through checkout (I'd add it to my cart, then have it time out during the time it took to load). When I saw other people weren't able to use a coupon/rewards with it (if they even got through), I gave up. I was only in for this if I could use my 10% in-stock HT code (plus rewards), but I don't need this at full price plus tax/shipping. My modded 1.0 isn't that far behind this 2.0 release.

The technical issues were frustrating though, so I can see how upsetting this was for those who really wanted to get this. I still can't believe HT only gave Sideshow 300 of these to sell though. It's better than something like the Midas gold chrome exclusive that never even got a Sideshow release, but I thought it would see a wider Sideshow release. Then again, it looks like HT is actually starting to limit Sideshow's supply on preorders, so that limit would be consistent.

Anyways, I will say the 30% coupon was an unexpected consolation prize. And as a marketing tactic, it worked since it got me to purchase something I was on the fence about.

Well if its anything like "Gold Chrome" Midas then a much better, non limited re-re-release will be coming in the future

If it were my company, I would not have accepted more than 300 RSVPs for a figure limited to 300 pieces. Let those that RSVP’d get first crack at it, then make any remaining stock available on the site the following day for those who did not RSVP.
That would make too much sense, though. They need to make it really complicated and break the site. Get outa here with your logical solutions!

Is there anywhere I could purchase a knockoff blue shield? eBay was not helpful so I’m hoping some 3rd party company has something available.

Is there anywhere I could purchase a knockoff blue shield? eBay was not helpful so I’m hoping some 3rd party company has something available.

Just came in here to ask if there was a go-to guy for shields yet too?
eBay is where I got mine. It's one of the ones with the elastic on the back though like the image posted above. If you're looking for one that's closer to the HT shield, unfortunately the only ones were made by By-Art and were released a couple years ago. I'm surprised they don't keep them on rotation as that is a hot item I would imagine.

This is the one I bought. Just pick Blue for the color in the dropdown. Took about a week before they shipped it, then another 2 weeks for delivery.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273849305696?var=573602253025

too bad I feel no one, third party or otherwise, has really captured the actual look of the stealth shield. Hot toys is too dark and the 3rd party versions don't seem quite the right shade and have an incorrect center.
stealth shield.jpg

Could also repaint over a regular shield and leave some of the chipping if you wanted to...
stealths.jpg

I bought a few stealth shield spares back in the day when Hot toys started shifting to plastic shields so I might have a go of repainting one more accurately.

In my experience the knock of metal ones are just too think and that means toooooo heavy for any type of long term posing. Also very hard o the wrists peg area. Have had a hand or two pulled out over time in the past from the weight ..wear em on the back of some kind of floor level accessory is your best bet for em

Back