1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - Captain America (Stealth Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suit doesn't bother me nearly as much as the proportions. Even after 8 years they still can't get this one right. No v shape in the torso, shoulders aren't big enough and HT's never ending traps issue :slap I didn't get the last stealth suit because of the issues with the body so I was looking forward to a 2.0, but it looks like I'll be saving my money again.
20220809_011619.jpg

The suit doesn't bother me nearly as much as the proportions. Even after 8 years they still can't get this one right. No v shape in the torso, shoulders aren't big enough and HT's never ending traps issue :slap I didn't get the last stealth suit because of the issues with the body so I was looking forward to a 2.0, but it looks like I'll be saving my money again.
View attachment 593543
You and others said it right there. As much as this figure could use an update, it's not quite complete and up to snuff. I see no reason to let go of my original especially if I update myself a little.

View attachment 593543
They got the traps right on the Concept Art version so you'd think they could do it here as well. I guess we'll just have to wait until it's released and see how it turns out...

"Exclusive" figures used to ship out much faster and have significantly shorter pre-order times that normal figures. Is that still the case these days?

over 8 years since the original and we get a version with a suit that is a huge step back from what we had. And the proportions still don't look right on the new version.

mms242-cap10.jpg
zQ5AHyc.jpg

There’s just nothing “wow” about this figure at all. Looks like another $280 filler Captain America figure that’s STILL inaccurate with Hot Toys ****** proportions and poor attention to detail.

How many tries does it take for a company to get the chest star size correct? FFS it takes an intern 1 minute to compare side by side with a reference to spot that. Doesn’t even have the correct hair for this but hey let’s just reuse that other sculpt we have laying around. Let's include his red/blue shield even though he never had it with this outfit for End Game but not include the stealth shield. That Infinity Gauntlet isn't even correct..it was completely infused with Thanos's arm and shriveled up. Don't even get me started on how terrible that forearm looks.. :ohbfrank:

Sad to see these lazy releases from them time and time again.

hrHYMzE.png
w8SYE1s.png

8oeLh0l.png

gEkQz1V.jpg

Hmmm…I sense a “Hot Toys Exclusive” of a Thor coming. With all the stock of Endgame Bro Thors waiting to go out, maybe they get re-issued as Battle Damaged Thor. I would be on board for that. I mean, unless they wanna do Holographic Suit Thors like they did with all the Mark 50 and 85 bodies.

Damn, the one that came out years back is far superior. I remember the days when Captain America figures actually were made with fabric that wasn't just plastic. Got to save money somehow I guess?

This is one of the reasons I'm extremely limiting what I get from Hot Toys to the point of not getting anything from them at all. I love mixed media, I only collect mixed media collectibles, but when they start becoming borderline complete plastic is when I start viewing them at pure toys. Then again, I'm doing something which I thought I'd never do and pretty much moving exclusively into 1.3 statue collecting. Shame to see Hot Toys become so cheap (whilst becoming more expensive).

Why put the EG label on this ..he was in this suit for what 10 minutes :cuckoo:

they should’ve just packaged it as TWS 2.0

View attachment 593543
I guess it’s truly hard to replicate a broad shoulders look on a TT body with or without a use of a fat suit..Maybe you just can’t create a action figure body that has proper proportions for the shoulder blades :dunno

I think ebayers are getting ticked off with the 2.0 reissue projects

think about how the value of the originals must be going down in value because everyone will just wait for the 2.0 versions now

Back