1/6 Hot Toys - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - Kang Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After thinking about this for a few days. I'm pretty sure this is going to he a pegwarmer. I do like it though. If hot toys had trouble selling thanos, this wont be any different.

There is no way they are producing as many figures as they were for the Endgame era now, to say nothing of the three versions of Thanos within two movies in a year span

The Avengers Endgame releases were all insanely overproduced. Sideshow does not want to make the same mistake again by having inventory pile up. I have a feeling that some of the more recent Marvel reveals like Kang will sell out much faster than we'd expect. Not because of high demand but because of lower supply.

So, I added this to my “Wishlist” on Sideshow, just as a Maybe/Maybe Not. I have a full year to make my mind up…and more importantly let the Rewards Points stack up 😄
View attachment 629759
As cool as this Hot Toys version looks, I’d be curious to see a 3rd Party (or whoever) tackle an even more comics accurate design, with an oversized “Future Gun”, etc. I don’t know about those purple thigh-highs, though 🤔😄
This gun ….

Attachments

• 3A3D327E-9036-49A2-B7C1-2FF771D43B35.jpeg
    3A3D327E-9036-49A2-B7C1-2FF771D43B35.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 0
This figure is so getting cancelled, he’ll be fired regardless of if he is guilty or innocent.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...w-york-city-assault-strangulation-1235360852/
WTF man???

I’m going to reserve judgement until more comes out about this but yeah on the surface this is very disappointing. Domestic violence is very serious, I can’t overlook that the same way I would if he was just a dick or difficult to work with etc.

I have been looking forward to this figure a long time and pre-ordered yesterday. Depending on how things work out with these charges, I may have to consider how much I can separate this character from the person playing him.

Ultimately all of these characters are much more than any actor or actress playing them on film. But one problem is that these figures are made to closely resemble the people playing these roles and so there is a constant reminder of the actor or actress that can’t help but leave some impression in the short to medium term. Of course the fact that there is a “masked” head-sculpt in this case helps in some degree.

But wow, if this is true what a way to ef-up a very promising career.

Last edited:
Absolutely horrible and disgusting if true. Domestic violence is an absolute plague on society and leaves victims in awful circumstances. The evidence, even just from that article, does not provide much in the way of reasonable doubt.

Marvel must be furious right now. Their entire multiverse saga rested on this character. They can recast obviously, but it will definitely lead to a different saga than what it may have been.

was he convicted already?
No, and there's a statement out that it's not true, but that's par for the course.

It's going to be way too early to jump to conclusions until more facts come out. As it stands, the accusation is a black mark regardless and should be taken seriously.

I stick to my virtues, and if the accusations are proven then that's bridge too far for me. I don't care if it's RDJ or Chris Evans - if they did something like that, I'd have no interest in any figure with their face.

Granted, I hope the accusations are NOT true. Everyone should. But this is definitely something that's causing a lot of angry, heated calls at the House of Mouse. This isn't like Ezra at Warner Bros. Ezra was getting the boot regardless. Majors is supposed to be a key player through at least 2027. If this is going to turn into a media circus and a legit PR problem, they'll want to kick him out sooner rather than latter.

But it's still too early to tell. I don't "pick sides" in these kind of things without probable evidence. Still... it sucks if true.

was he convicted already?
No
But I don’t think anyone here is suggesting that he has been convicted. I think we have all said things like “if” when it comes to guilt.

Of course this arrest and these allegations can’t bode well for the Box Office for Quantumania, which is not exactly “killing it”

No, and there's a statement out that it's not true, but that's par for the course.

It's going to be way too early to jump to conclusions until more facts come out. As it stands, the accusation is a black mark regardless and should be taken seriously.

I stick to my virtues, and if the accusations are proven then that's bridge too far for me. I don't care if it's RDJ or Chris Evans - if they did something like that, I'd have no interest in any figure with their face.

Granted, I hope the accusations are NOT true. Everyone should. But this is definitely something that's causing a lot of angry, heated calls at the House of Mouse. This isn't like Ezra at Warner Bros. Ezra was getting the boot regardless. Majors is supposed to be a key player through at least 2027. If this is going to turn into a media circus and a legit PR problem, they'll want to kick him out sooner rather than latter.

But it's still too early to tell. I don't "pick sides" in these kind of things without probable evidence. Still... it sucks if true.
Yes, and even if these charges are ultimately dropped, in the short term there will undoubtedly be negative repercussions for Quantumania and Creed III in particular and headaches for Disney in general.

I really do hope the allegations are not true, but If it turns out they are true, I won’t be able to support any of his future projects.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already as good as gone. Disney doesn’t screw around with stuff that makes them look bad and have let people go for less. An arrest for domestic assault is a PR disaster. Especially when it’s an actor being built as a key player.

Yuck. This is a bad look, all around. 😬😳

As I’m currently searching Sideshow and the Hot Toys Instagram the figure is still listed online. If this news has hit Hong Kong already, wellll…”It’s Over!” 😬
EC2A112B-3C2D-4054-8690-4D260D4CB700.gif

Reminds me of the Bill Burr bit...

"Maybe we should go get some Baskin Robbins?"

"RAAARARRAAAAAAAAR"

Back