1/6 Hot Toys - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - Kang Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I agree with you, but can't quite figure out what's off about it...
I haven't spent a ton of time looking, but the shape/size of the cranium seems off in some photos, and the portrait looks almost too Asiatic in some? This actor has several genetic markers contributing to interesting features I can't place, but in some photos of the sculpt it looks exaggerated.

I have to give HT their props cause they have been KILLING IT on the AA head sculpts. This use to be a cringy as hell endeavor for them. They were about 50/50 AT BEST when they were doing an AA character and don’t have hair…Ooohhh boy it’d be a mess at times! But now, sheeeeeed I’m proud of these accomplishments. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾 Bravo HT toys! Y’all deserve all the flowers in this category. Truly the worlds best!
Agreed - their sculpts have a lot more life to them over the past year or so than they had before.

I haven't spent a ton of time looking, but the shape/size of the cranium seems off in some photos, and the portrait looks almost too Asiatic in some? This actor has several genetic markers contributing to interesting features I can't place, but in some photos of the sculpt it looks exaggerated.

Q2qbxsX.jpg

I think far from home and no way home are great mcu films for the OG avengers crowd. I'm sure the plan is to mix some of the endgame stars with a new generation. That said, I'm not optimistic if they go the young avengers route.

Endgame was the end for me. No Way Home works as pure fan service but it's not a movie I've revisited since seeing in the cinema- the last MCU movie I paid the price of entry for.
The current 'made for mordern audiences' approach of studios doesn't seem to be particularly popular with any audience. Almost as if they're catering to a miniscule minority who don't actually have any interest in financially supporting these properties.

Endgame was the end for me. No Way Home works as pure fan service but it's not a movie I've revisited since seeing in the cinema- the last MCU movie I paid the price of entry for.
The current 'made for mordern audiences' approach of studios doesn't seem to be particularly popular with any audience. Almost as if they're catering to a miniscule minority who don't actually have any interest in financially supporting these properties.
Most of their recent projects were still highly profitable. Multiverse of Madness, Wakanda Forever, No Way Home, all did well. Even Love & Thunder made $760 million - without China - and is the 2nd-highest-grossing of the Thor quadrilogy.

I do think there’s a problem of MISreading their audience and pacing and editing problems have abounded recently. But I’m not remotely doom and gloom when an Ant-Man movie performs like, well, an Ant-Man movie.

Most of their recent projects were still highly profitable. Multiverse of Madness, Wakanda Forever, No Way Home, all did well. Even Love & Thunder made $760 million - without China - and is the 2nd-highest-grossing of the Thor quadrilogy.

I do think there’s a problem of MISreading their audience and pacing and editing problems have abounded recently. But I’m not remotely doom and gloom when an Ant-Man movie performs like, well, an Ant-Man movie.
Its probably close with the lotr heroes, but has Thor killed the most cgi enemies?

This figure looks great!
I know that we are almost certain to get other versions of Kang, but I doubt that the MCU will produce a costume that is more representative of the Kang I remember from the comics as I kid. So I happily contacted Timewalker about an hour ago and placed my order …now the wait 😁

Last edited:
This figure looks great!
I know that we are almost certain to get other versions of Kang, but I doubt that the MCU will produce a costume that is more representative of the Kang I remember from the comics as I kid. So I happily contacted Timewalker a few minutes about an hour ago and placed my order …now the wait 😁
Just placed my order with @Kit Chen ! I love the comic look to this, and happy to add another villian to my collection. Look forward to when he is released sometime next year!

Just placed my order with @Kit Chen ! I love the comic look to this, and happy to add another villian to my collection. Look forward to when he is released sometime next year!
I hope that this figure sells well, I hope that it would encourage HT to produce villains more often in general. I also hope that strong sells will incentivize HT to produce other versions of Kang we are likely to see, I suspect lots of collectors are looking forward to other different looking versions of Kang.

Based on how good this figure looks, I think lots of folks will buy this. Of course this is only speculation on my part, all I know for sure is that I am really looking forward to getting this regardless of how many or few others buy this Hot Toys Kang.

Congrats on the purchase, Kit is great! Over the last few years I have increasingly been buying from Timewalker and Kit, I still use Sideshow as well but not as much as in the past.

Last edited:
I hope that this figure sells well, I hope that it would encourage HT to produce villains more often in general. I also hope that strong sells will incentivize HT to produce other versions of Kang we are likely to see, I suspect lots of collectors are looking forward to other different looking versions of Kang.

Based on how good this figure looks, I think lots of folks will by this. Of course this is only speculation on my part, all I know for sure is that I am really looking forward to getting this regardless of how many or few others buy this Hot Toys Kang.

Congrats on the purchase, Kit is great! Over the last few years I have increasingly been buying from Timewalker and Kit, I still use Sideshow as well but not as much as in the past.
I'm getting the feeling that people like it for the most part overall, but not a lot of people seem to want to purchase it. I would love a few different versions of him, which I'm sure we will get in time with him being the main villain.

I've been ordering more with Kit recently and pulling away from Sideshow. I was going to order Kang with SSC because I had a discount code. It applied correctly for the first 24 hrs he was available for preorder, but when I went to place the order that next day it would no longer work. They have really limited the way you can use those coupons over the last year or so. Plus I will get them about 2-6 months quicker with Kit at slightly cheaper to about the same price.

So, I added this to my “Wishlist” on Sideshow, just as a Maybe/Maybe Not. I have a full year to make my mind up…and more importantly let the Rewards Points stack up 😄
95564BF1-689E-441C-92EF-A878BAA1034A.jpeg

As cool as this Hot Toys version looks, I’d be curious to see a 3rd Party (or whoever) tackle an even more comics accurate design, with an oversized “Future Gun”, etc. I don’t know about those purple thigh-highs, though 🤔😄

So, I added this to my “Wishlist” on Sideshow, just as a Maybe/Maybe Not. I have a full year to make my mind up…and more importantly let the Rewards Points stack up 😄
View attachment 629759
As cool as this Hot Toys version looks, I’d be curious to see a 3rd Party (or whoever) tackle an even more comics accurate design, with an oversized “Future Gun”, etc. I don’t know about those purple thigh-highs, though 🤔😄
Might be a bit on the small size though lol

B798209E-3D8F-40EB-B202-3A4EDAC14B98.jpeg

Back