1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm at it, here are some shots of my Part 2 Marty that I repainted a while back. I wanted to have him looking forward instead of off to the side like a creep, but unfortunately he's still got that overly grim and serious expression they gave him. And I lightened up the hair as well.

20221210_095519 (2).jpg

20221210_095501 (2).jpg

20221210_095132 (2).jpg

20221210_095123 (2).jpg

Nah the material is more like some sort of rubber or something.

Anyone have issues with Marty's BTTF2 Nike Shoe Bag accessory getting sticky or deteriorating?

Mine has this the melted or greasy feel - similar to what happens with the rubber analog sticks on the older Playstation 2 or PS3 controllers.

I put the figure and the all the accessories in a display box years ago and just took it out recently, when I noticed the shoe bag having issues.

Was curious if there is some type of spray or application that can be put on it to restore it.

Anyone have issues with Marty's BTTF2 Nike Shoe Bag accessory getting sticky or deteriorating?

Mine has this the melted or greasy feel - similar to what happens with the rubber analog sticks on the older Playstation 2 or PS3 controllers.

I put the figure and the all the accessories in a display box years ago and just took it out recently, when I noticed the shoe bag having issues.

Was curious if there is some type of spray or application that can be put on it to restore it.
no way to restore it. trust me once it becomes sticky icky it is too late.

you can wash it clean with detergent then apply aerospace 303 or hyper dressing to reduce the stickiness.

trust me bro i tried contact cleaners, lighter fluid, even sprayed a clear coat on, it only works for a few weeks and the plastercine starts leeching again and this time worse than before. happens to rubber materials and soft plastics.

no way to restore it. trust me once it becomes sticky icky it is too late.

you can wash it clean with detergent then apply aerospace 303 or hyper dressing to reduce the stickiness.

trust me bro i tried contact cleaners, lighter fluid, even sprayed a clear coat on, it only works for a few weeks and the plastercine starts leeching again and this time worse than before. happens to rubber materials and soft plastics.

What causes the stickiness? Is it inevitable?

Makes me worried about all my 1/6 vehicles with rubber wheels.

I live in a moderate climate, usually transfer the figures direct from box to dust-free display and always use gloves to handle.

Luckily, I have not any of the flaking with pleather material but I guess that is inevitable as well.

What causes the stickiness? Is it inevitable?

Makes me worried about all my 1/6 vehicles with rubber wheels.

I live in a moderate climate, usually transfer the figures direct from box to dust-free display and always use gloves to handle.

Luckily, I have not any of the flaking with pleather material but I guess that is inevitable as well.
the plastercine used will leech out. too humid, too dry, incompatible materials, contact with other rubber/plastic materials, oxidation, heat etc.

not all soft plastic and rubber will suffer such sweating issue. i have had old toys that do this and dont do this so it isnt tech issue.

you could apply aerospace 303 or hyper dressing to keep the surface moist so the plastercine inside wont tend to leech outwards. no guarantee since these things usually happen after many years.

most diecast cars dont seem to have such issue unless they are sitting on other plastic/painted surface. acrylic/base stand can fuse with rubber wheels.

old batman suit is know to sweat. old ironman crotch is know to have faded paints which probably reacted with the soft plastic. other suits like appleseed seems ok. even some prints on 3rd party shirts start to turn sticky and scratch off easily.

as for pleather i am in the midst of applying angelus 4coat flat and matte finisher for belts/holster/wallets. previously i only used matte finisher, will see if the 4coat adds extra protection.

Back