1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahah! I just got hime for 235 shipped at Timewalker because I saw all the other places sold out....

Guess they found a case laying around.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

every time I see this thread get bumped out of the dead I'm hoping it's because some third party FINALLY made a Pt One doc outfit.

But no... no one cares about BTTF... too many tony stark outfits to make.

It baffles my mind why no one has tackled this.

I also wonder why third party companies don't tackle Grand Theft Auto Series or Red Dead redemption 1 and 2 as well.

I agree Ted Knight's Ghost. I would love a 1/6 John Marston or an FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan from Deadly Premonition.

I have been working on a radiation suit Doc Brown. It is very much a work in progress. I need to find a tool belt and brown sneakers.

Attachments

• 20181128_114122-1.jpg
    20181128_114122-1.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 20181128_114142-1.jpg
    20181128_114142-1.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 321
FYI... Dchung has made more Doc plutonium jump suits and plutonium cases. He’s made them available on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI... Dchung has made more Doc plutonium jump suits and plutonium cases. He’s made them available on eBay.

OK I've purchased some really nice customs and tailored pieces throughout the years and I have to call BS on the price of these. The suit is almost as much as the figure and it doesn't even include shoes, belt or tools. The plutonium case looks like it may be great, but I can't tell from the blurry photos. By the time you add everything up, you could almost buy your own canister of real plutonium.

All depends how bad you want this stuff... Is it overpriced? Yes. Everything in this hobby is. I’ve seen people on here spend close to $300 for a headsculpt. I mean the custom stuff isn’t mass produced in a factory.

The way I rationalize spending on this stuff is.. people spend a lot of time and money into making these things. They want to make their money back that they spent, be paid for the time they spent on it, and make a little profit to make it worth their while.

I’ve purchased his Kyle Reese, plutonium case, and I just bought the suit yesterday. His work is great and very detailed. Plus nobody else is making them.

Someone had a thread going a while back for a plutonium case that you had to paint yourself.. and that was close to $200 if I remember correctly. May have been more.

Just saw a lot of people wanting this stuff so I figured I would give everyone a heads up before they’re all gone.

I’m sorry but some people need an education on how this hobby works. I for one was blown away wirh how affordable that suit was.

I’m not sure if people understand sometimes that these things are made BY HAND by people who have god given rare talent.

When people contact me for custom work, paint jobs etc. I flat out refuse every time. Frankly my time is more valuable than the max 200-250 I could charge for a paint job. If I broke that down hourly I might make more at MacDonald’s.

As pointed out there are simply no other option and hot toys are idiots for not making Doc from part one in the first place.

I wish a redman or another third party took on the whole set, yes. It might be cheaper but it might not be as detailed or accurate.

Dan seems to be the only person on earth who understands this set is essential to make. It’s been over a year since doc came out.

I just am not a fan if the piece , myself.

No offense to the maker, but it looks barbie doll like, not 175 Yunsil like.

Glad someone is trying thou.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Now that argument I totally get for the record and agree it might not be the best it can be. I’m also weary about the tools set etc as I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the plutonium case.

I think it will look great in hand, the photos aren’t necessarily flattering and it’s a simple peice, hard to mess up.

Now that argument I totally get for the record and agree it might not be the best it can be. I’m also weary about the tools set etc as I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the plutonium case.

I think it will look great in hand, the photos aren’t necessarily flattering and it’s a simple peice, hard to mess up.

They don't look flattering most likely because it's missing the fat suit.

To this day I am absolutely blown away that no 3rd party company put out a radiation suit clothing set.

Didn’t realize how high the prices for this are. Wondering if it was a shorter run release. Glad to have it in spite of the fact that I think the head sculpt is pretty weak.

Didn’t realize how high the prices for this are. Wondering if it was a shorter run release. Glad to have it in spite of the fact that I think the head sculpt is pretty weak.

I think it's less to do with edition size but just the popularity of the franchise in general. The figures are long sold out and most fans would hold on to them without intention of selling.

Back