1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go. It looks far closer to the real prop from the front angles, but I’m not going to display it from the side anyways.
View attachment 594271
Looks pretty good to me..

38DF83F6-9AA0-49B5-B0FA-D8173418809B.png

Thanks for the pic Drew!

Think I'm going to have to modify that helmet - can't stand the gap :cautious:

Not looking forward to it...

Thanks for the pic Drew!

Think I'm going to have to modify that helmet - can't stand the gap :cautious:

Not looking forward to it...
Yes the gap puts me off this figure as well. What on earth were Hot Toys thinking. I like everything else but not that huge gap.

I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped from Sideshow. Seems like every figure release SS customers are always the last to get their stuff next to other retailers.

I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped from Sideshow. Seems like every figure release SS customers are always the last to get their stuff next to other retailers.
Sideshow is the official North American distributor, meaning that SS gets their stock first and any retailer in the U.S. then gets their stock from SS.
Anyone getting them before SS, is a reseller, and is buying overseas stock and then selling it to U.S. buyers.
That's the difference between a retailer and a reseller.

Pretty sure I've read comments here of guys seeing these for sale in their local comic book shops that are supplied by sideshow.

Sideshow is the official North American distributor, meaning that SS gets their stock first and any retailer in the U.S. then gets their stock from SS.
Anyone getting them before SS, is a reseller, and is buying overseas stock and then selling it to U.S. buyers.

I don’t think that’s what they were saying.

It’s been often the case recently that some of Sideshow’s authorized retailers have been getting their allotments from Sideshow before Sideshow has fulfilled their own customer preorders.

So there have been instances where authorized retailers - not resellers getting stock from Hong Kong - have been shipping figures to customers before Sideshow has.

I’ve personally bought some figures from US authorized retailers before Sideshow had them in stock. Though generally they seem to be in stock at Sideshow within several weeks after that.

Last edited:
You set that up fast, TonTon.
I had some earlier practice with the Mando bike, and I skipped the ferns to save some time and since I realized I wouldn't see the holes up on the top of the shelf anyhow.

Was squeezing it in between end of the work day, dealing with a minor and gross maggot infestation (!) in the garbage can, and dinner time (lady cooking).

In my haste, I pulled out one of the hooks for the pouch straps. But it seemed to plug right back in -- didn't seem glued.

Definitely want two scouts and at least one speeder bike, but can't decide whether or not it's worth getting a second bike. The speeder bike and scout have a special place for me as the POTF2 exploding bike and scout were my third ever Star Wars figure in the 90s (after Vader and Luke).

This will probably be my last HT purchase for some time so could probably afford it, but I can't imagine if I'd ever have space to display two of them. And even then, how much visual impact would the second add to the first. Anyone else have two bikes on order? Or two Mando bikes on display simultaneously?

Definitely want two scouts and at least one speeder bike, but can't decide whether or not it's worth getting a second bike. The speeder bike and scout have a special place for me as the POTF2 exploding bike and scout were my third ever Star Wars figure in the 90s (after Vader and Luke).

This will probably be my last HT purchase for some time so could probably afford it, but I can't imagine if I'd ever have space to display two of them. And even then, how much visual impact would the second add to the first. Anyone else have two bikes on order? Or two Mando bikes on display simultaneously?

Get two bikes. If you’re thinking about it this much then you’ll regret it if you don’t. Better to have the second bike and have no room for it for now then not have it.

You can always make a bit more space to accommodate it. They don’t take up as much room as they seem. Certainly not obligatory to have more than one but having multiple looks awesome as well. There’s a coolness multiplication effect with most anything trooper related. We see them at least paired up most often. It just feels right.

Best thing to do would probably be to get one Scout and bike and see how you feel about it. Then decide if you want another set or single Scout.

Also your profile pic makes me think “pull my finger“ every time I see it.

I meant overseas retailers getting it first. Ahsoka was receiving onboxing vids on YouTube while my order from SS was still up in the air.

Back