1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't make sense that the Mandalorian gets a swoop bike you can buy on its own, but you don't get this option with the speeder bike even though Endor Luke and Leia are available and people would like bikes for them.
Indeed. But you can buy a set and sell the extra Scout figure. Or, who knows, HT might release another Endor Luke and Leia on Speederbike, with HT you never know for sure, and they surely are hungry for $$$

Why is the Scout and Speeder set so much more than the version from The Mandalorian? They’re essentially the same only with some parts swapped out on the Scout, and the Speeder Bike is repainted.

I’ll grab one Scout Trooper eventually. Probably will pass on the set though.

Why is the Scout and Speeder set so much more than the version from The Mandalorian? They’re essentially the same only with some parts swapped out on the Scout, and the Speeder Bike is repainted.

I’ll grab one Scout Trooper eventually. Probably will pass on the set though.

Two things: 1) we still have some global shipping bottlenecking that is not helping 2) cause they can.

Finally preordered - first HT in two years but definitely in for classic troopers

Two things: 1) we still have some global shipping bottlenecking that is not helping 2) cause they can.

Finally preordered - first HT in two years but definitely in for classic troopers
I think it’s more because they can. Nothing warrants a $50 increase between two sets, which are essentially the same.

I'm happy enough with my Sideshow Scout and Bike combo, but the HT Scout looks absolutely amazing with that rifle so I'll definitely be ordering the single version.

He does seem a little TOO weathered for ROTJ, but I can probably live with that.

Indeed. But you can buy a set and sell the extra Scout figure. Or, who knows, HT might release another Endor Luke and Leia on Speederbike, with HT you never know for sure, and they surely are hungry for $$$
I would love an Endor Luke with bike. I’m only ordering one set for now just in case they do this.

Anyone notice that he doesn't have a true trigger hand for the rifle?
Sharp eye!
It's seems like an obvious oversight, or maybe it's like... "Shhhhh, it's good enough, no one will notice." situation? We'll most likey never know why they do the things they do. 🤔

Still, it doesn't make sense when all other HT figures with rifles include the correct trigger hand? Though, it appears not too many are bothered by this, or perhaps have not noticed yet?😉

I'd like to believe that for the cost of these figures, most of us would appreciate having the proper hands? I do hope they will correct this, and maybe add an additional pointing hand as bonus? (just dreaming)

If they don't end up adding the correct trigger hand, you could still mod the existing ones. Maybe that's more fun!
☕

Last edited:
Why is SS setting the payment plan at 3 payments of $69 for the solo scout if it isn't going to be out until July 2022?

Glad I skipped the Mando Speeder bike set but wow this set is $50 more and comes with less, suppose this accounts for 2022 inflation or something. I love that they included the sniper rifle only with the bike. 🙄
Edit: I was looking at Mando Scout trooper nvm both versions of ROTJ have the rifle. 😜

Glad I skipped the Mando Speeder bike set but wow this set is $50 more and comes with less, suppose this accounts for 2022 inflation or something. I love that they included the sniper rifle only with the bike. 🙄
Edit: I was looking at Mando Scout trooper nvm both versions of ROTJ have the rifle. 😜
Actually, I was glad too see the blaster rifle (DLT-19X) is included with both the single scout and the scout and speeder bike set...

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-scout-trooper-hot-toys-909171Weapons:
  • One (1) blaster rifle
  • One (1) blaster pistol

Most companies would toss in more bang for the buck on a repaint/retool to entice people to buy the same thing twice, what since they've already recouped their initial development costs. But not Hot Toys. Same thing we just sold you but now $50 more for...reasons.

I'm happy enough with my Sideshow Scout and Bike combo, but the HT Scout looks absolutely amazing with that rifle so I'll definitely be ordering the single version.

He does seem a little TOO weathered for ROTJ, but I can probably live with that.
I am doing the same , the set is a ripoff . I do own two SS Scouts, the Speeder Bile along with the Scout and Child set. One HT Scout is enough.

Most companies would toss in more bang for the buck on a repaint/retool to entice people to buy the same thing twice, what since they've already recouped their initial development costs. But not Hot Toys. Same thing we just sold you but now $50 more for...reasons.
Right. They’re even offering less because with the Mando version you get Grogu plus the bag to put him in. I really don’t understand how they justify increasing the price that much, but they’re giving less.

Not that I expect this to come with Grogu, but come on. Should have been the same price, if not slightly less.

I skipped the Mando version on purpose holding out for this. While I think the markup is a bit much, not having purchased the Mando saves me a bit. It would've been nice if they fixed the helmet gap, but I'm sure a customizer will come up with a fix for it so I'm not too worried.

I honestly thought Fennec would be next, so this is a nice surprise. Nothing better than the OT and the Speeder Bikes are up there for being one of the cooler things in ROTJ.

Back