1/6 Harold Oxley Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl Weber

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So this was mostly an excuse to practice putting hair on a sculpt as I never did that before. Found the head on Toy Anxiety one day, I believe it is from the Big Chief Studios War Doctor figure. The poncho I designed in Photoshop after studying pics I took from the National Geographic exhibit and then sending the file to contrado.com to print on cotton linen fabric. I usually repaint the heads I work on, but I thought this one was fine as it was actually. Thanks for takin' a look!

DSC_0016 by James Rohrbaugh, on Flickr

DSC_0014 by James Rohrbaugh, on Flickr

DSC_0013 by James Rohrbaugh, on Flickr

DSC_0017 by James Rohrbaugh, on Flickr

Thanks for posting the pics Earl. That bit about printing onto the fabric is quite clever. There has been a few custom things I have worked on in the past where I could have done with that!

I thought the character of Oxley was wasted a bit in the movie considering how great John Hurt was as an actor but that is an awesome custom.

Ps. Did he not have some kind of long pipe that he swung about as well? Like a didgeridoo or something?

Thanks for posting the pics Earl. That bit about printing onto the fabric is quite clever. There has been a few custom things I have worked on in the past where I could have done with that!

I thought the character of Oxley was wasted a bit in the movie considering how great John Hurt was as an actor but that is an awesome custom.

Ps. Did he not have some kind of long pipe that he swung about as well? Like a didgeridoo or something?

He did! And it did make a noise when we swung it around as well. Looked like bamboo to me maybe. May have to cut a piece of bamboo and make it if I can find a piece thin enough. I too think he was wasted in that role. I almost wish he just played a thought-dead Abner Ravenwood instead, but that probably would have been too much.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you could get a dowel rod or a small plastic straw and paint it up to make it look like bamboo? It will be tricky to have him holding the stick and the skull though. I had that problem with my custom Kingdom Indy. I had him holding a shovel in one hand and the skull tucked under the other but it is quite heavy and easy to come loose and fall.

Do you have any other custom Indy projects planned?

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you could get a dowel rod or a small plastic straw and paint it up to make it look like bamboo? It will be tricky to have him holding the stick and the skull though. I had that problem with my custom Kingdom Indy. I had him holding a shovel in one hand and the skull tucked under the other but it is quite heavy and easy to come loose and fall.

Do you have any other custom Indy projects planned?

Not really at the moment. I do want to make a Walter Donovan as ash and bones to go along with my grail knight. Mostly just as a joke though

This tiny skull is for a little two year old girl who collects tiny skulls. She wanted something that was more orangy, so I just started throwing out skull shapes in Photoshop. I think it actually turned out pretty cute. And the giraffe I made for her favorite doll

Back