1/6 Flash Back - Dexter - Dexter Morgan & Dark Passenger Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a bit underwhelming and felt a little rushed, but given this was just a one-off limited series an ending like this was probably inevitable. And it was at least a much better season than the horrifically bad Season 8.
--

I don't know.

However flawed Season 8 was it still left an opening for continuation. I agree NEW BLOOD comes off rushed and underwhelming even though the inevitable occurred for obvious reasons with no absolute for a continuation based on what we know.

Really wanting to impulse-order this figure, but I can't tell if it's because of my nostalgia for a beloved character --

Spoiler Spoiler:

-- or if this figure is actually awesome.

Last edited:
Yeah despite my disappointment with the finale, the overall season was still strong enough to make me fall in love with the character again and want this in my collection.

Spoiler Spoiler:

After the finale of New Blood I’m not sure if I want the figure anymore. Pretty disappointed in the season finale.

It was definitely rushed as I feel another episode showing how Dexter is likely to not get out of jail this time, bring Angel back to help, end it the same way but have it be 12 episodes. It was an inevitable ending which I had no problem with. It’s just how it got to that point.

--

Your decision. Your money.

Regardless of how NEW BLOOD ended, I'm still getting it because of affinity for the character.
Yeah. I don’t know I may still get it. I like the character and Michael C. Hall’s portrayal.

Dexter/Dexter: New Blood may well be some of the most frustrating shows I’ve ever watched though.

It’s highest points are great, but it’s lowest points outweigh the great ones and drag the show down a ton.

To me as a season New Blood was mixed. Better than the eighth season, but that’s also a very low bar.

Looking at the two finales side by side in hindsight now I sort of prefer the original, because sure Dexter was still alive, but he had lost everything important and was in isolation, which still served as punishment.

Yeah. I don’t know I may still get it. I like the character and Michael C. Hall’s portrayal.

Dexter/Dexter: New Blood may well be some of the most frustrating shows I’ve ever watched though.

It’s highest points are great, but it’s lowest points outweigh the great ones and drag the show down a ton.

To me as a season New Blood was mixed. Better than the eighth season, but that’s also a very low bar.

Looking at the two finales side by side in hindsight now I sort of prefer the original, because sure Dexter was still alive, but he had lost everything important and was in isolation, which still served as punishment.
--

tenor.gif

Yeah I never had much of a problem with the "lumberjack ending" that was mocked relentlessly at the time. My issue was just with all the ridiculous storytelling leading up to it.

But I agree the show has always been a super frustrating one. And as much as I largely enjoyed New Blood there were certain elements (ahem, Harrison) that kept me from really loving it. Ultimately though it was worthwhile to see the character one more time and hear all his wonderful, sarcastic voice overs again. 😁

Loved the new season, hated the ending. Didn't want it to end.

Still want 2 of this figure though.
--

I don't know if you know this, but I understand once it is released they're going to offer the body used to be sold separately so collectors can use the second head sculpt, etc. with the same body.

--

I don't know if you know this, but I understand once it is released they're going to offer the body used to be sold separately so collectors can use the second head sculpt, etc. with the same body.
What does "offer" mean? That they will sell it separately?

Yeah I never had much of a problem with the "lumberjack ending" that was mocked relentlessly at the time. My issue was just with all the ridiculous storytelling leading up to it.

But I agree the show has always been a super frustrating one. And as much as I largely enjoyed New Blood there were certain elements (ahem, Harrison) that kept me from really loving it. Ultimately though it was worthwhile to see the character one more time and hear all his wonderful, sarcastic voice overs again. 😁
Yeah, the original finale wasn’t great, but I think it was more down to season eight as a whole.

I didn’t mind the open ended aspect of Dexter being out there somewhere. Not that I opposed him dying or being caught, but the way it was done in New Blood left so much to be desired.

I also think it’s a bit more disappointing because we waited ten years for a follow-up that was supposed to fix the original ending, and it’s really not a lot better than what we originally got. Maybe the only show in history to mess up an ending more than once.

I really thought we would get more than one season of New Blood too. Leading up to episode ten it felt like more had to be coming, and then the way the season ended it’s like: “that’s it”?

Yeah I can almost see that ending working for a one-time series where this was our first introduction to a serial killer and his world. But when you're wrapping up a long, 9 season run with a character like Dexter it just feels especially unsatisfying and abrupt.

In the end, I believe it was about "closure" . . . with a final nail to the coffin.

The source material novels by Jeff Lindsay brought an end to the character so why not the series incarnation? However, abrupt from the prior season that left the possibility for a return and NEW BLOOD where the end finally occurred in an unsatisfying manner.

For me, Dexter will live on through the novels (re-reads) and original series run (re-runs) with NEW BLOOD more as peculiar bookend finish.

I'm still looking forward to the figure and probably they'll be released after the Chinese New Year celebration sometime in the 1ST or 2ND QTR 2022. However, I wouldn't be surprised delays occur given delays experienced by all 1:6 brands/manufacturers and the finite small number of facilities in China/Hong Kong that handles 1:6 production.

I believe this brand is paying close attention to what's going on with Asmus and their debacle with the Ash Williams figure.

Dexter seasons 1-4 is my favorite show ever. Season 8 was an abomination. New Blood was way, WAY better. But the last 15-10 minutes were incredibly rushed and wasted so much storyline potential. The fact that they teased an Angel/Dexter confrontation and didn't deliver is an absolute joke. A second season of Dexter and Harrison on the run while the old Miami Metro crew and the Iron Lake crew join forces to catch the BHB would have been amazing. And they could have also earned that ending over the course of another season. With that said, he's still one of the best characters of all time and i hope this figure is great. I'm waiting to see the final product before ordering.

I believe this brand is paying close attention to what's going on with Asmus and their debacle with the Ash Williams figure.
What makes you believe that?

Other companies are likely aware of that situation but the lessons to be learned seems so rudimentary and common sense as to almost be redundant; don’t advertise a great product and then deliver something extraneously different and sub-par or cost-cut every possible corner and then lie about the quality of the parts by photographing the prototype to pass off as a production piece.
It’s a sad state of affairs if bosses don’t understand that from the get go… although Asmus did kind of prove that some do still need reminding of business ethics.

However, it is amusing to picture companies hearing of the Asmus debacle and going ‘Ahh honey!! So collectors do notice when you try to pull a fast one? You mean we actually have to deliver the quality we advertised?! God dammit! I hate having to earn their money.’

I wonder how things are going with this. I was so excited about this figure when it went up for pre-order, but haven't seen Flashback post anything since the head photo quite a while ago. I do wish the two heads didn't look so similar, but I'm super excited for this release regardless.

Back