1/6 Flash Back - Dexter - Dexter Morgan & Dark Passenger Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back and forth on this release. Still think it’s pricey, but it is cool. If it looks good upon final release I’ll consider it.

--

Yep, but one still pays for shipping.

--

Yep, but one still pays for shipping and have to spend more $ to get free shipping.

Timewalker Toys is a good reliable US vendor. Nothing against them at all.

I still believe that $270.00 USD total shipped is a solid deal in terms of overall price and getting it slightly sooner compared to Sideshow and Timewalker.

Yes that's true, it depends if you're already a customer there I guess. I order from them a lot and bundle everything together. I'm cheap lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm cheap AF lol.
--

Many "cheap" collectors within the hobby, but it is what it is.

I don't deny that logic / perspective, but I despise the mentality of paying for hamburger and demanding / expecting filet mignon.

That's the kind of mindset that is best addressed with a blunt instrument and a hearty well earned bludgeoning . . . or elimination Dexter style.

Going back and forth on this release. Still think it’s pricey, but it is cool. If it looks good upon final release I’ll consider it.
--

I know the feeling. I do.

It's pricey, but for what is presented and considering it's officially licensed . . . it's definitely for fans of the series, collectors who too are fans of the series, and collectors who are familiar with the series and believe it's just a cool looking figure to possibly add to their collection.

--

Many "cheap" collectors within the hobby, but it is what it is.

I don't deny that logic / perspective, but I despise the mentality of paying for hamburger and demanding / expecting filet mignon.

That's the kind of mindset that is best addressed with a blunt instrument and a hearty well earned bludgeoning . . . or elimination Dexter style.

I don't know what your problem is, but I'd rather not pay shipping. I never said anything about the quality of the figure or what you're getting for the price.

I don't know what your ******* problem is, but I'd rather not pay shipping. I guess that makes me an *******. I never said anything about the quality of the figure or what you're getting for the price.
--

The fact / truth is . . . we all still pay for shipping.

It's factored into the final cost / total of whatever we buy / pay for under the "illusion" we're getting free shipping (by buying / spending more).

Cheap collectors in general is a double-edged sword. They can also utterly ruin a business and the hobby.

I ordered from KGHobby upon request. They aren’t listing it for some reason. $268 including shipping to U.K. They’re always my go-to because, despite Sideshow’s prices appearing good, that all goes south once shipping, customs, handling fees etc get factored in. I don’t even think reward points would offset the amount Id be losing on all those other costs.

I think a pretty good deal for the set and I’ll grab a basic body for £15 to use with the Dark Passenger look- as he’s more covered up there and be a happy bunny.
Would absolutely love a Trinity killer just coz John Lithgow is a legend.

Interested to see what other neglected licences this company get ahold of. Here’s hoping for some other classic ‘modern greats’ of the silver screen like Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Deadwood, Buffy!! even Lost! Would love to get me a Sawyer on the shelf. That sexy SOB.

With the revival of the show coming up I’m sort of getting more tempted to pre-order this. Haven’t been this excited about Dexter in a long time. Really hope the reboot season is going to be good.

My main concern is this company making it. Have they made anything before? I’ll be curious to see the figure in-hand.

My main concern is this company making it. Have they made anything before? I’ll be curious to see the figure in-hand.

Definitely a concern, I don't have anything from them. I have wanted a set like this for so long I'm just hoping for the best. It's a great line to collect because only one character is necessary. Get a table and plastic wrap down a generic body if you want to make a dio. The only other character from the show I would consider a figure of is Deb, but I'm fine without her.

I pre-ordered through One Sixth Kit and there is no shipping fee. BTW Kit says Flash Back will be offering up a second body at release for those that want to make and display both looks and have the body color match the sculpt. Always loved the show was one of the few things my wife and I have enjoyed watching together. Looking forward to tonight’s premiere as we both felt disappointed by the last season.

Apparently the new episode is already up on the Showtime Anytime app. Haven’t gotten a chance to watch it yet.

I watched the new episode, and it is GREAT. I loved everything about it. Clyde Philips is such a talented showrunner/writer, and i had no doubt that he would redeem Dexter after what Scott Buck did to it. Can't wait to get this cool ass figure. He's gonna look amazing next to the recently annouced Present Toys TV series Hannibal Lecter. Only thing missing from this Dexter figure? The head visor thing he wears when he cuts people up with saws, would have been a great accessory.

Only thing missing from this Dexter figure? The head visor thing he wears when he cuts people up with saws, would have been a great accessory.

The face shield goes with the kill room outfit. He wears scrubs over the 'stalk' suit (henley/cargo pants)

In an ideal world there'd be another figure that had the scrubs, face shield, drill, black boots, etc.

dexter-kill-room_55.jpg

I wouldn’t mind those extra options, but I’m okay with the stalk suit look. To be honest though I would have preferred the scrubs/boots/face shield over the blood splatter analyst/Miami Metro look though.

I watched the new episode, and it is GREAT. I loved everything about it. Clyde Philips is such a talented showrunner/writer, and i had no doubt that he would redeem Dexter after what Scott Buck did to it. Can't wait to get this cool ass figure. He's gonna look amazing next to the recently annouced Present Toys TV series Hannibal Lecter. Only thing missing from this Dexter figure? The head visor thing he wears when he cuts people up with saws, would have been a great accessory.
Dying to watch it but I got pulled into work - I’m on call tonight - and I promised my wife I would wait to watch it until we could sit down and watch it together. I will say - I did watch the beginning until the start title - and that was truly just a tease.

The face shield goes with the kill room outfit. He wears scrubs over the 'stalk' suit (henley/cargo pants)

In an ideal world there'd be another figure that had the scrubs, face shield, drill, black boots, etc.

dexter-kill-room_55.jpg
Yeah, i know. It's a little strange that the figure comes with the apron and the sleeves but not the rest of the BHB outfit, but i'm glad we're getting them at least. I'd love a face shield though.

Back