1/6 Flash Back - Dexter - Dexter Morgan & Dark Passenger Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a quick glance I felt the price was on the high side. But then I started thinking back to what custom Dexter stuff sold for way back. If I am remembering correctly people wanted to charge $200 to $300 for unpainted kill tool sets alone and similar prices for the blood slide box.

It would have been nice to just get the Dark Passenger version and had it a bit cheaper in my opinion. Maybe nice for those that want Miami Metro/casual wear Dexter too, but I bet you could have shaved off a good $30-$50 by just having it be one look. Also like I mentioned to me the sculpts aren’t even all that different. Kind of two of the same.

Price seems good to me? You essentially get 2 figures minus a body. You get a lot less for about the same price from Hot Toys and other companies these days.

Yeah for all you get in this set so long as the final product comes out well this is a fair price.

Dexter was actually my first foray into 1/6 years and years ago. I never completed the figure though because of how expensive it was to build. Was going to end up close to a grand which I couldn’t justify. Now years later I get the chance to get this....love it.

makes me miss my 1:1 scale kill tools and blood slide box lol.

Gonna try my luck using Rit dye on a couple white button up shirts for my favorite Miami serial serial killer. If it works out it will be nice to have alternate looks.

Attachments

• 88240_e.jpg
    88240_e.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Neon-Green-3.jpg
    Neon-Green-3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 29
Never got into this show, but the figure looks great and you get a lot for the price.

Hope this company takes on more 1/6 licenses!

I won't be getting this, but I applaud their effort! It's good to see other companies take on the 1/6 market. Maybe someone will give us that Quint figure after all...

$270.00 USD shipped from onesixthkit is a very competitive and good price considering the MSRP is right at $300.00 USD and you get essentially two figures / two looks (you need to supply an extra spare body).

If one chooses to buy it from a US based vendor, then one has to pay shipping on top of the MSRP or possible discounted price in addition to waiting for US vendors to receive it from their distributor(s).

onesixthkit is based out of Asia and will receive it first (as Asia based vendors do) at least a month or two before US based vendors do.

The production run is limited (nowhere near HOT TOYS numbers); therefore, it's truly a limited edition/run collectible.

I suspect a number of US based loose parts vendors will cannibalize the figure and sell the accessories, etc. for way more than the typical / usual price to all those who have existing custom head sculpts / builds and need the finishing accessories.

I'm pre-ordering mine (multiples) from onesixthkit. OSK have a very well earned reputation for being reliable and trustworthy among collectors.

Timewalker Toys has it for $262+ shipping, unless you bundle it with something else, then you can get free shipping over $350.

Up at Sideshow $270
--

Yep, but one still pays for shipping.

Timewalker Toys has it for $262+ shipping, unless you bundle it with something else, then you can get free shipping over $350.
--

Yep, but one still pays for shipping and have to spend more $ to get free shipping.

Timewalker Toys is a good reliable US vendor. Nothing against them at all.

I still believe that $270.00 USD total shipped is a solid deal in terms of overall price and getting it slightly sooner compared to Sideshow and Timewalker.

Back