1/6 Eternal - Air Predator (Vulture from Spider-Man: Homecoming) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posing frustrations aside this version just looks awesome on display in Chopper’s pics. I don’t care for how PT’s looks so I doubt I’d choose theirs over Eternal’s no matter how easy PT’s is to pose.

If I can find one of these for a reasonable price I’d love to get it and take a crack at designing a display stand for it.

Lightly reposed with some other recent Knightmarish acquisitions before they all join the collection room.
C5D634A7-DC71-4588-8F54-910C40AB1759.jpeg

So Kit reached out to Eternal Toys on my behalf and it turns out there are two battery compartments on each wing and only one has the switch. I was looking at the battery only compartment, completely oblivious to there being a second- but I can blame the lack of clarity in their instructions to stop myself feeling like a complete fool.

Here’s what you’re looking for
06E26463-EB7B-409B-A3EC-3E18635EB33D.jpeg

So, I thought that was the end of my troubles (minus the snapped acrylic wing support) but then I turned my rotors on…

They said maybe there’s some dirt in it or the batteries are too weak…

Whatever- it was a nice try but they don’t work and I don’t really need them to. Think I would have preferred lights coz at least you can get a few photos with them enhancing the look.

Watching Justin’s video on Toys Era’s Vulture, here’s where each figure shines-

Toys Era’s
- Body- the arms actually move!
- Head sculpt & helmet
- Endoskeleton design, Harness straps, detachable handles & the wing to body connection method
- Accurate Wing details. TE’s also look more razor like whereas ET’s are quite chunky
- Blaster
- Electronics- lights are all great

Eternal Toys
- Weighted grid base
- Jacket- 2nd best thing about ET
- Wing shape, articulation and dry-brushing effect- best thing about ET
- Purple jet effect
- Cargo pants- as the TE ones look a bit tight.
- How they’ve concealed the battery compartments. I’d never have found them on the wings or blaster without guidance and TE uggoed up one side of the rotors with their way.

Neither nailed the flexible rod. Both companies went too short and neither found a way to conceal all the support required to hold the wings.
The two long rods with waist grabbers method I was forced to throw together has actually produced a better result imo.

I’m looking forward to someone else finally getting a hold of this to compare experiences.

Really sucks about the rotors... they seem to work -- or rather 'not' -- just like the other video showed. If Eternal is shipping bad batteries, they are doing themselves no favors for a very inexpensive addition (some new batteries).

My guess is, the electronics just don't work -- not enough juice in those button cells.

That said, 99% of the time, the electronics are not going to be on display... so it really gets down to Eternal's more swoopy wing design vs Toys Era's more accurate Vulture pilot.

I have to say, the poses that Justin got in his Toys Era review are really outstanding.

Now where can I find long bendy posts like you have...?

The longer, heavier duty posts can be found on dynamic figure stands sold on eBay. There are several domestic sellers, all in the Boston area. Their listings are all quite similar - they’re all probably the same guy lol.

View attachment 610847
That’s exactly what I’m using x2. Had one spare and took one away from my Nazgul on Steed.
They are very strong and screw perfectly into the Eternal base.

The body clasps then are used to "clasp" onto the wings instead?
I wouldn’t say there’s much clasping going on but the wings are supported in the clasps.
8188A9B4-2981-40D9-B596-4F760C2ECCC0.jpeg

A0811BAF-F6A6-430D-8532-1682C9E79853.jpeg

It looks less intrusive than the TE & ET options so that’s a big plus for me.
250CF357-DC17-4022-919C-9F90D6C240E1.jpeg

This wing set up could really benefit from the 2nd harness strap that would help hold the backpack closer to his body.

My wings are probably at a 50 degree tilt leaning forwards but it looks more dynamic that being completely vertical behind him.

Did you try hitting the rotors with a tiny bit of silicone? Maybe that would loosen him up a bit.
Watched the TE vid and it does look good. We’ll see what he can do with this one but I think J did Joost dirty. That figure doesn’t look that bad proportionally. Needs futzing but it’s not like he used a goofy half hobbit, half regular body the way those pics look. IMO

Contrary to Chopper Face's Vulture, mine arrived in good condition with both rotors working and all the leds working, albeit I doubt I would use it given that it's extremely noisy while spinning.

Presence wise I thought it looks much better than Toys Era except for the headsculpts (both versions, not a fan of the lighted headsculpt with human skin tone face for Eternal version). The wings looked 'perkier' and more menancing for Eternal too.

I think the entire wings setup is definitely too heavy for it to be left unsupported and the two screws to the backpack means there's a lot of wiggle room for the wings and the figure to move independently, which is not a good thing in the long run. This figure is definitely one where you need permanent support on the metal rods (or fishing lines) though I doubt anyone would display him standing on its feet. I'm also lucky that the support rods are not damaged though time may tell in the future.

PXL_20221213_181054168.jpg

All in all, I'm quite happy with this purchase.

My Air-Predator arrived today. Everything is in good condition. All batteries are pre-installed, which is a nice touch.
IMG_20230206_195333.jpg

Figure: shoulder articulation is somewhat limited but enough to stretch out the left arm to hold the plasma gun. Very limited pivoting of the thighs at the hip but an ab crunch is possible to give the impression of lifting the legs.

As others have pointed out, there is only one strap at the waist. It would have been ideal if there is a second one at the upper abdomen area to better fasten the figure to its backpack when doing a horizontal flight pose.

Wings: They are a tad smaller than those in the movie and Hot Toy's Vulture prototype: the distance between Vulture and the turbine should be wider, the turbines bigger and the wing tips longer. But this size is just right to fit into my display cabinet, so I am ok with it.

The ability to tilt the wings up also gives more posing options, but you will need to adjust the display rods and acrylic clips to support the tilt. Even after bending them, the rods are long enough for a nice mid-air pose. Transparent clips would have been a better choice than the black ones provided.

Both my turbines are able to spin, but they are not able to rotate within their frame.

Overall, I am pleased with this purchase.

Posing it here with Mysterio.
IMG_20230206_200012.jpg

Last edited:
So looking at Doc's review got me worried about my own piece, so I finally opened it just to check all the light features and the rotors. Fortunately they all work perfectly!
The batteries are indeed pre installed, which is great for checking but not if you decided to keep it boxed for a long period.. or if you are a seller and you want to keep these as MISB.
I dunno if these batteries will leak just like the old times, but my supplier told me that the pre installed batteries caused trouble at the customs. And they did a really great job hiding those batteries!!
So I took off all the batteries, just to keep em all safe n sound, before placing it back in box.

Yes, the articulation is limited due to the exoskeletons and clothing, but with a proper stand, it's able to make great poses. Just like the last two members here, I am happy with the purchase! :)

Last edited:
Back