1/6 Eternal - Air Predator (Vulture from Spider-Man: Homecoming) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've been able to live with most other recasts that have come along, but Joost is someone I'm actually rooting for and admire, so I'm just not sure I'd feel as comfortable getting something like this if it really is a direct recast.
Yes, following him through prototype and production you could tell that the figure was a labor of love (and It is a tremendous figure to finally see in person). I didn't even know that Jazzinc had any Iron Scavengers left.

There's really no comparison if you want serious and accurate scale -- JazzInc wins.

In case anyone wants the actual wingspan breakdown, I've done it for you:

Jazzinc 51'' wingspan
Eternal 41'' wingspan
ToysEra 36'' wingspan

Jazzinc 51'' wings Eternal 41'' wings ToysEra 36'' wings COMP 5-10-22.jpg

The only major difference I see between the top two is that the tabs above the rotar blades are much more pronounced on the Eternals version.

There are enough other subtle differences though that I think this is an original sculpt.

This could all be angles, but the bulk of the wings between the rotors and the pilot look more substantial on JazzInc's and the rotors themselves appear smaller on the Eternal. Not counting the 10 inch difference in wingspan also.

There's really no comparison if you want serious and accurate scale -- JazzInc wins.

In case anyone wants the actual wingspan breakdown, I've done it for you:

Jazzinc 51'' wingspan
Eternal 41'' wingspan
ToysEra 36'' wingspan

View attachment 576541
Might just be me but Eternals version doesn't even look like a recast of Joost version at all.

The design and detail of the entire wing is different from what Joost did. I don't think either of the two company recasted his figure.

1lLgWue.png

There are differences I also noticed, but perhaps angle or photoshop.

The figure even has the original dark fur Joost was using on his initial sets than was finally changed to a lighter color.

Might just be me but Eternals version doesn't even look like a recast of Joost version at all.

The design and detail of the entire wing is different from what Joost did. I don't think either of the two company recasted his figure.

1lLgWue.png
They do look to have tweaked it to have the wings in a more raised position. So those sections on either side of his body are fanning out, with the linkages above them having an extra bend in them to match. But that doesn't mean they won't look exactly like Joost's when it's released. Only time will tell.

Toomes.jpg

While everybody is talking about the wings, let's talk about the jacket.

The movie jacket has a unique circular zipper pull, which neither of the figures have, instead just using whatever generic zipper they already had laying around. I also never noticed before that the movie jacket has a broken zipper at the bottom, which is a neat detail that is missing on both figures.

The movie jacket has D-Ring straps actually sewn into the jacket itself around the abdomen, which Toys Era has turned into an exterior harness and which the Eternal version may or may not have at all, it's hard to tell based on the angles.

The movie jacket has elastic cuffs and waistband, typical of this style of bomber jacket, which the Toys Era figure omits completely, instead cutting it like a motorcycle jacket. The Eternal figure definitely has cuffs in a different material and it appears like the waistband might, too, but it's difficult to tell since the belt sits over it.

Which, speaking of the belt, the Toys Era one is backwards. The Toys Era one does have Wor-Gar's favorite second belt that he has on when in flight mode, but in return it completely omits the actual shoulder harness he wears. This one might be because the promo material shows only that green harness piece, while in the movie he's wearing both that green metal harness and the regular strap harness that the Eternal figure has.

Color wise, the fluff of the jacket is probably more accurate on the Toys Era figure, but the collar in general looks more accurate on the Eternal figure. The movie jacket actually has two collars, the exterior one with the fluff and a second, interior one. From the pictures, it doesn't appear the Toys Era figure has the second, interior collar at all, while it's clearly present on the Eternal figure; you can even see both zipper pulls.

The actual pattern of the jacket is broadly accurate on both, although the Eternal's side pieces more accurately go further down his torso.

And this point is more nebulous, but I think either the body underneath the jacket or just that the jacket is more bulky and covers it up, makes the Eternal figure look more like Keaton's physique, as opposed to Toys Era's tight fitting jacket over a clearly stock athletic male body.

I was initially swayed by Toys Era's clearly superior headsculpt but Eternal's figure is winning me back over. If the head sculpts were swapped it'd be a no-brainer.

Last edited:
View attachment 576586

The movie jacket has a unique circular zipper pull, which neither of the figures have, instead just using whatever generic zipper they already had laying around. I also never noticed before that the movie jacket has a broken zipper at the bottom, which is a neat detail that is missing on both figures.

The movie jacket has D-Ring straps actually sewn into the jacket itself around the abdomen, which Toys Era has turned into an exterior harness and which the Eternal version may or may not have at all, it's hard to tell based on the angles.

The movie jacket has elastic cuffs and waistband, typical of this style of bomber jacket, which the Toys Era figure omits completely, instead cutting it like a motorcycle jacket. The Eternal figure definitely has cuffs in a different material and it appears like the waistband might, too, but it's difficult to tell since the belt sits over it.

Which, speaking of the belt, the Toys Era one is backwards. The Toys Era one does have WorGar's favorite second belt that he has on when in flight mode, but in return it completely omits the actual shoulder harness he wears. This one might be because the promo material shows only that green harness piece, while in the movie he's wearing both that green metal harness and the regular strap harness that the Eternal figure has.

Color wise, the fluff of the jacket is probably more accurate on the Toys Era figure, but the collar in general looks more accurate on the Eternal figure. The movie jacket actually has two collars, the exterior one with the fluff and a second, interior one. From the pictures, it doesn't appear the Toys Era figure has the second, interior collar at all, while it's clearly present on the Eternal figure; you can even see both zipper pulls.

The actual pattern of the jacket is broadly accurate on both, although the Eternal's side pieces more accurately go further down his torso.

And this point is more nebulous, but I think either the body underneath the jacket or just that the jacket is more bulky and covers it up, makes the Eternal figure look more like Keaton's physique, as opposed to Toys Era's tight fitting jacket over a clearly stock athletic male body.

I was initially swayed by Toys Era's clearly superior headsculpt but Eternal's figure is winning me back over. If the head sculpts were swapped it'd be a no-brainer.
I'm leaning back towards Eternal as well, mainly because of the bigger wings and the "realsheep leather" jacket. I'm never going to display the head sculpt, so that's a non-factor for me.
In an ideal world I wouldn't have cancelled my Jazzinc one, however for a character I'm lukewarm towards, I couldn't justify US$750 (including shipping to Australia) for it, however I can justify US$340 for him.

View attachment 576586

Which, speaking of the belt, the Toys Era one is backwards. The Toys Era one does have Wor-Gar's favorite second belt that he has on when in flight mode, but in return it completely omits the actual shoulder harness he wears. This one might be because the promo material shows only that green harness piece, while in the movie he's wearing both that green metal harness and the regular strap harness that the Eternal figure has.

Good post. Really got me to look beyond the wings.
I have been tilting more and more towards Eternal. The only things I really like more about TE’s are the head (which I’ll never display) and the way they’ve gone about their stand. Looks like their flexible rods will be much less visible on display.

Yeah even if the TE head is an improvement, it's still nowhere close to HT level or something I'd feel comfortable displaying next to their incredible Tom Holland sculpts. So that's not even part of the equation for me.

In fact even with a perfect Keaton sculpt from HT, I'd be more inclined to display him with the awesome looking helmet on anyway.

I was initially swayed by Toys Era's clearly superior headsculpt but Eternal's figure is winning me back over. If the head sculpts were swapped it'd be a no-brainer
This.

Along with everything else you wrote...but the TE headsculpt looks good/great in the promo pics...but they're just promo pics.

that first one is from HT:
37364092_10155629119392344_2183109834784636928_o.jpg
That seems to be where TE took the inspiration for their stand. A primary flexible rod with a grabber for the figure and an adjustable bracket with acrylic attachments to the wings. Nicely done, HT.

If I could get one of those stands, I’d jump straight on the Eternal figure, which has won me over with everything but their stand. (Not counting the heads because I won’t use either.)

So this one's the less popular option, huh? Took me a couple days mulling it over but I've decided to go with this one over the Toys Era one. I just really prefer the tailoring on the jacket here and while I don't mind the small size of the Toys Era wings, I have to say I vastly prefer the way they're designed on this figure, going up at an angle rather than shooting straight out from the sides like on the TE version.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, as I have no idea what the recasting process looks like, but wouldn't the fact that they're all significantly difference sizes mean they're NOT recasts? Wouldn't a recast have to be 1:1?

So this one's the less popular option, huh? Took me a couple days mulling it over but I've decided to go with this one over the Toys Era one. I just really prefer the tailoring on the jacket here and while I don't mind the small size of the Toys Era wings, I have to say I vastly prefer the way they're designed on this figure, going up at an angle rather than shooting straight out from the sides like on the TE version.
After your thorough and detailed comparison post, I too decided to go with this one.
You've made great points, especially on the smaller details.
Thank you!

Yeah Eternals > ToysEra if I had to pick one of these.
Forgive me if I'm missing something, as I have no idea what the recasting process looks like, but wouldn't the fact that they're all significantly difference sizes mean they're NOT recasts? Wouldn't a recast have to be 1:1?
Not really. You can scan objects and then scale pieces down in any 3D program freely. That said, there doesn't seem to be any details shared between the two with this or even ToysEra version so I believe both of them are not recasts.

Last edited:
Back