1/6 DID D80162 Oberst i.G. Claus Von Stauffenberg (Operation Valkyrie, 1944) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a mixed bag.

DID has the better tailoring, Facepool has the better waffenfarbe (DID are still swearing that it only looks red due to the photography).

DID has the sharper cast medals.

Facepool has the better arm stump.

I think Facepool also has the better sculpts, though the less Tom looks like Tom the better for me.

In some photos, I prefer Facepool's and in others, DiD's. I think DiD's perhaps looks more like TC but the sculpt seems to be narrower. Facepool's has a better rendition but something seems off.

DIDs head is spot on IMO. FPs has a ring of Colin Firth/Cruise. The tunic in the first pic - FPs is better. Theres no doubt which figure will be the better quality though - DID. Should also compare the historical sculpts as well. Both great sets though.

KG Hobby has this one listed with free shipping, which is unusual. The total price is $166 (HKD 1300). (DID's shop price is $165.99 plus delivery).

That reminded me someone posted there was a retailer with him listed for $161.99. The post was deleted but I found it and confirmed the $161.99 price.

KGH is no longer one of my preferred retailers. Kit is my number one for most things, and Giantoy for DID since it's a company they deal with regularly.

However, that $166 was too tempting. I paid in full to lock in the "Free Shipping", because the deposit option always leaves you open to the shipping price lottery when it comes time to pay the final balance. Paying in full knocked 3% off, making him $161.

DID Action Figures

28 m

The pre-order deadline has come. Have you ordered?
The collar tabs are still under adjustment (as shown in the image). There will be two pairs of metal WWII German staff officer collar tabs in D80162, and we will give you one pair more in woven for free. Total three pairs collar tabs are included.

d.jpg

Already out?? :eek:

Almost. Those are DID's photos, don't known when they'll be sending them to the retailers.

I went with KG Hobby because for some reason they marked this one as $166 with free shipping. I paid in full in case they changed it.

A few days ago I noticed he'd disappeared off the site, but he can still be found from the link in my order with an April ETA.

https://www.kghobby.com/did-1-6-d80162-operation-valkyrie-oberst-i-g-claus-von-stauffenberg/

I've been wary about KGH for a long time due to my own experiences, and to later reports about them being very slow to ship out. The price lured me back. :panic:

KGH have said he's "arrived and ready to ship".

Now the waiting game to see how long that takes. :impatient:

Back