1/6 DID - A80164 WWII General Of The United States Army George Smith Patton Jr. + E60071 Accessory Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Qu Rachel

Group expert
· 8 h ·

Look! Who is coming?

DID Patton 1.jpg

I didn't used to be interested in 1/6 Generals, but Rommel has opened a gateway.

Patton would fit into the North African or Italian theme.

The three star helmet indicates March 1943 onwards.

Sicily, 1943:

Patton, Sicily 1943.jpg
Patton, Sicily, 1943 2.jpg
Patton, Sicily, 1943 3.jpg

DID made a Patton figure some years ago but the sculpt was of George C Scott playing Patton in the film Patton.
DID are Probably making a fig of the actual George S Patton. I still have the old Patton figure, so I might try and see if I can pick up the new sculpt.
George C Scott is still a hero of mine. For declining his Oscar, as he felt the job of an actor was not a competitive one.

DID made a Patton figure some years ago but the sculpt was of George C Scott playing Patton in the film Patton.
DID are Probably making a fig of the actual George S Patton. I still have the old Patton figure, so I might try and see if I can pick up the new sculpt.
George C Scott is still a hero of mine. For declining his Oscar, as he felt the job of an actor was not a competitive one.

General-Patton-Action-Figure-09.jpg

General-Patton-Action-Figure-13.jpg

General-Patton-Action-Figure-14.jpg

Over time, in the old days, I picked up a decent number of parts from the Dragon Models Patton. I really loved the pistol and holster set up. ( For civilian figure use) I never got the Hasbro GI Joe one, but that version had a dog, which was interesting.

I've always had an interest in Patton for GI Joe RAH, as I believe General Hawk was built as a character to be somewhat derivative of Patton. I always kept an eye out of Patton gear back in the day to have the gear to possibly do a custom 12 inch General Hawk. The best leather jackets for that kind of build are almost always in the WW2 side of the hobby. Also that hat. The garrison/envelope one.

Something I mentioned years ago, when the DML version came out, and that might have been the time that Generation Kill came out on HBO, was that the figure would sell better if he had a shotgun. In Generation Kill, one of the officers near the commander had a shotgun. And in the film Patton, Karl Malden is in some scenes in winter gear, a shoulder holster and carrying a M1 carbine.

I remember when War Toys couldn't give away the DML 1917 trench shotgun that came with a few figures, but now it's kind of a rarer item to find, or so I'm told.

Patton also had, my memory, a 380 pistol too in the film. It was similar to the one that Richard Harrow used in Boardwalk Empire, so it's probably a 1908 but customized.

I love having access to more interesting pistols. Patton for 1/6th is one of those figures that would IMHO sell better if it was a good haven for loose parts potential ( dog, pistols, leather jacket, dio backdrop, etc, etc) Look at that DID version, the damn thing actually loads. That's insane.

Definitely interested to see what DiD comes up with.

I do have the oldie but goodie DML/Dragon version. Here's an old photo of the figure on display, along with several other DML based figures. I've upgraded them over the years, replacing plastic with cloth items and adding my own touch to the figures.

Hobby Room 008.jpg

Brief Introduction​

George Smith Patton Jr. is one of the most famous US Army generals in American history. During his more than 30-year military career, he served in both World War I and World War II, and was one of the pioneers of tank combat in the US Army.

In WWII, Patton commanded American operations in North Africa, Sicily and France. His excellent command and leadership abilities made outstanding contributions to the Allied victory in World War II. However, Patton was also controversial for his strong personal style and behavior. On 9th December 1945, Patton was injured in a car accident near Mannheim and passed away on 21 December in Heidelberg.

After 11 years, we bring you 1/6 General Patton again. He looks calm and composed, with a determined gaze, as if everything is well-planned and victory is assured in battle.

General Patton wears a M1 helmet with 3rd Army lieutenant general rank or a U.S. garrison cap with 3-star lieutenant general rank. He is wearing a classic Ike jacket and 3D cutting-breeches, with a khaki shirt underneath and an officer trench coat on top. His iconic brown real leather cavalry boots are on his feet. The classic General Patton is recreated.

When it comes to the choice of weapons, General Patton also has distinct personal preferences. He carries two pistols on his waist, one of which is a customized M1873 revolver. This becomes his most famous symbol. The other is a .357 Magnum, one of the most powerful revolvers at the time. Patton usually carries it on the battlefield to take down enemies if necessary. Noteworthy, the M1873 revolver is equipped with a genuine leather holster, 12 rounds of bullets, a compass pouch, a bullet belt and a pouch. The .357 Magnum revolver comes with 6 rounds of bullets and a genuine leather holster. These two distinctive handguns are also a true portrayal of his bravery and prowess in battle.

General Patton also has goggles, an M15A1 binoculars, a horsewhip and four exclusive rings. In addition, there are many finely crafted insignias. All accessories are exquisite and delicate.

Hey! If you missed General Patton eleven years ago, do NOT miss him again!

Base:
1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 All New – DID 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Left palm X 3 + right palm X 3

Outfits:
4 M1 helmet with inner line & Patton 3rd Army Lieutenant General Rank
5 U.S. WWII Garrison Cap with 3-star Lieutenant General Rank
6 Ike jacket
7 WWII US officer trench coat
8 Shirt
9 Tie
10 Breeches
11 Cotton one-piece suit
12 Belt (genuine leather)
13 Canvas belt
14 Gloves
15 Cavalry boots (genuine leather)

Accessories:
16 Goggles
17 M15A1 binoculars
18 Ring X 4
19 Horsewhip

Weapon:
20 M1873 revolver + bullet X 12 + compass pouch (genuine leather) X 1 + bullet belt (genuine leather) X 1 + pouch (genuine leather) X 1
21 .357 Magnum Revolver + bullet X 6 + holster (genuine leather)

Insignia:
22 Overseas service bar X 1 ( 2 & 1/2 years WWII and 2 years WWI)
23 Overseas service bar X 1 ( 1/2 years WWI)
24 Ribbon bar x 1
25 United States Army Central patch X 1
26 II Corps shoulder patch X 1
27 7th Army Patch X 1
28 1st Armored Division patch X 1

Wow I love this company so much.

This set is beautiful, I bought the original DiD patton figure a long time ago being a fan of Patton himself but also the movie and George C Scotts portrayal of him so getting that movie version never bothered me but after a while and seeing that I have all these historical representations of these Military leaders, and then I have an actor playing patton who is very important to my WW2 general collection didn't fit well for me so seeing this real version is so great.

I only truely wish this came with the Leather Jacket for his Battle of the Bulge look as thats my favourite battle of WW2 and his best look in my opinion.

When I originally bought the 1.0 I had the plan of putting him in his Ike jacket but DiD made it a super saturated dark green that was just wrong so I ended up putting him in his Patton movie speech look, which makes this release even better for me as I get to keep my 1.0 Movie version in that look and a Real/Historical version in his Ike jacket and goggles appearance.

I know they most likely made this as a companion to the Africa Rommel 2.0 they just released but this gives me hope for a Omar bradley and Montgomery that I really want.

My 1.0 patton posed like the movie.
IMG_1809.jpg

Wow I love this company so much.

This set is beautiful, I bought the original DiD patton figure a long time ago being a fan of Patton himself but also the movie and George C Scotts portrayal of him so getting that movie version never bothered me but after a while and seeing that I have all these historical representations of these Military leaders, and then I have an actor playing patton who is very important to my WW2 general collection didn't fit well for me so seeing this real version is so great.

I only truely wish this came with the Leather Jacket for his Battle of the Bulge look as thats my favourite battle of WW2 and his best look in my opinion.

When I originally bought the 1.0 I had the plan of putting him in his Ike jacket but DiD made it a super saturated dark green that was just wrong so I ended up putting him in his Patton movie speech look, which makes this release even better for me as I get to keep my 1.0 Movie version in that look and a Real/Historical version in his Ike jacket and goggles appearance.

I know they most likely made this as a companion to the Africa Rommel 2.0 they just released but this gives me hope for a Omar bradley and Montgomery that I really want.

My 1.0 patton posed like the movie.View attachment 629957

I was expecting the leather jacket as well. I'd have thought it would've better received than the overcoat.

I like this look as it matches the photos of him in Italy I found...

438465-DID-Patton-4.jpg

...but he looks more impressive with the jacket on...

438469-DID-Patton-8.jpg

There are two different helmets shown, but only one listed in the specs. :unsure:

EDIT:

VMI Museum
Gen. Patton's helmet is often referred to as a "shiny helmet", but it was actually the liner to a steel helmet. Patton had the insignia of the units he commanded placed around the helmet.

So it's a single helmet, but can be worn either complete with the outer shell, or just the liner alone.

The specs list patches that aren't shown in the photos, and provide options for displaying Patton at different periods of the war.

The ribbon bar could be a problem due to the dates of the awards:

Top row:

Bronze Star Medal (November 1944)

Middle Row:
Croix de Guerre 1939-1945 with Palm (France)
Army Distinguished Service Cross with one Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster (1918 and cluster 19th August 1943)
Silver Star with one Oak Leaf Cluster (1919)

Bottom Row:
Grand Officer Legion of Honour (France, 9th March 1945)
Grand Cross of Ouissam Alaouite (Morocco, 1943)

The included patches:

I Armored Corps shoulder patch (the specs say 1st Armoured Division): commanded by Patton 15th January 1942 - 4th March 1943

II Armored Corps shoulder patch: commanded by Patton 5th March 1943 – 16th April 1943

(I Armored Corps was redesignated the Seventh Army 10th July 1943)

Seventh Army shoulder patch: commanded by Patton 10th July 1943 - 1st January 1944

Third Army shoulder patch ("A"): commanded by Patton January 1944 – October 1945.

Oh, and the Ike Jacket was classified standard as issue in November 1944, so that's another consideration if you want hime to represent a specific period.

For mine I'm back to leaving him in the shirt, but not sure whether to use the I Armored Corps patch for North Africa, or the Seventh Army patch for Italy. The latter would be more versatile in order to display him with a wider range of US troops.

(His command of II Armored Corps was too short, and too specific).

I remember watching the Patton movie as a kid and thinking how cool it would be to be part of the generals posse following him around in the willys jeep behind or in his WC57 command car.

This release got me thinking a lot and now I want to hunt down the old Ultimate Soldier WC57 patton command car and kit bashing his adjutant and other command staff with high end DiD parts.

The car is most likely slighty overscaled based on my past experience with ultimate soldier 1/6 vehicles but it still looks amazing and with this new Patton and other High end figures it would make a gorgeous display.

1679789108481.png

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Wow, this looks amazing! Patton is my all-time favourite movie and I've always wanted a figure of the George C Scott version, as I'm a movie figure collector rather than a military history collector. Definitely one to consider, plus I can always put a George C Scott head on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I will personally shoot that [highly descriptive profanity] Hitler, and Willie hopes the little [more of the same] comes back as a fire hydrant!"

I was watching the film yesterday, and was reminded of his Bull Terrier, William the Conqueror.

Patton Willie.jpg

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/general-patton-dog-willie-1945/
general_patton_dog_willie_1.jpg
This picture of Willie, Patton’s dog, was taken a few days after the General’s death as preparations were made to send home his effects. Cartoonist Bill Mauldin describes the moment: “Beside him, lying in a big chair was Willie, the bull terrier. If ever dog was suited to master this one was. Willie had his beloved boss’s expression and lacked only the ribbons and stars. I stood in that door staring into the four meanest eyes I’d ever seen”.

Considered one of the most successful combat generals in U.S. history, General George S. Patton was a devoted dog lover. While leading troops during World War II, Patton was looking to get an English bull terrier puppy.
The dog was originally named ‘Punch’ and the story was that he was the pet of an RAF pilot who sometimes took ‘Punch’ on bombing missions. When the pilot did not return from a mission, his wife sold the dog.

Patton’s staff purchased Willie on March 4, 1944, in England, and Gen. Patton wrote in his diary concerning the dog: “My bull pup took to me like a duck to water. He is 15 months old, pure white except for a little lemin on his tail, which to a cursory glance would seem to indicate that he had not used toilet paper…”.

He named him Willie, but not after “William the Conqueror” as the movie “Patton” suggested. The dog was named after a young boy that Patton had met during the Depression who ate his fill for the first time at a BBQ Patton was hosting.

Willie was known to follow Patton everywhere, and the two were seldom separated while in England. According to some accounts, Willie would enter a room and alert soldiers in there that Patton was on his way. When Patton was traveling through Europe, fighting the war and sleeping in his mobile van, Willie would sleep there with him.

Patton had G.I. dog tags made for Willie and once hosted a birthday party for his “second in command”. He indulged his dog’s every whim until December of 1945 when Patton died from injuries sustained in an auto accident in Germany.

Willie was sent home to live out the rest of his life as the beloved dog of a fallen warrior with the General’s wife and daughters. He died in 1955 and is buried in an unmarked grave (with other family pets) by a stone wall on the property, which is still owned by the Patton Family.

https://www.rrauction.com/auctions/lot-detail/33991810535412
Patton Willie dogtags 1.jpg

Patton Willie dogtags.jpg

I have three English Bull Terriers in the 1/6 dog collection.

Unfortunately the only male is the Leonardo with black on his face, and both the completely white ones are females. The sitting version by North Light is too obviously female. I could get away using the standing one by Border Fine Arts if she was posed at the right angle.

With her head up she looks tall next to this figure, but Patton's going to be on DID's taller body. Willie is recorded as being born in 1942, so wasn't very old when Patton adopted him.

100_4030.JPG

george-patton-bull-terrier-2.png

100_4034.JPG
100_4031.JPG

s-l1600 (1).jpg

For reference, this is the Hasbro GI Joe Patton.

Look at the SIZE of that zipper. I mean if someone shot him in the chest and it hit that zipper, it would just bounce off and save his life. The dog is cool though. Honestly more "animal sidekicks" in our hobby would be a good thing. Parrots, boa constrictors, eagles, monkeys, turtles, you name it.

Back