1/6 DID - A80164 WWII General Of The United States Army George Smith Patton Jr. + E60071 Accessory Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 630112

For reference, this is the Hasbro GI Joe Patton.

Look at the SIZE of that zipper. I mean if someone shot him in the chest and it hit that zipper, it would just bounce off and save his life. The dog is cool though. Honestly more "animal sidekicks" in our hobby would be a good thing. Parrots, boa constrictors, eagles, monkeys, turtles, you name it.

Oddly, that's a 1st Armored Division patch instead of a I Armored Corps patch. DID listed the Division in their specs too.

I don't think Patton had much association with the 1st. He was initially commander of the 2nd Armored Brigade of the 2nd Armored Division in 1940; acting Division commander in November, and then made Commanding General of the 2nd in April 1941.

On 15th January 15, 1942 he was given command of I Armored Corps, which is what the patch ought to represent. The difference is just "1" and " I".

67897.jpg
farp,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u3.jpg

Here's Patton wearing the 2nd Armored Division patch:

Patton 2nd armored div.jpg

With the I Armored Corps patch as a Major General:

PATTONMcNair.gif

Cross referencing the dates, the DID figure represents at the earliest March 1943, since that was when he was promoted to a (Three Star) Lieutenant General and given command of II Armored Corps (5th March 1943 – 16th April 1943).

He then returned to the command of I Armored Corps, which was redesignated as the Seventh Army on 10th July 1943, which Patton commanded until 1st January 1944.

The Seventh Army should patch:

shoulder-patch-seventh-army-028dcc-1600.jpg

The date and place of this Army Signal Corps photo showing the I Armored Corps patch has been claimed as Sicily on 28th July 1943, but another source has the caption, Montgomery and Patton "shake hands at a Tunisian airstrip prior to the Sicily Invasion, mid 1943."

Patton Sicily 28th July 1943 I Armored Corps.jpg

And in September 1943 with the Seventh Army patch:

Patton, Palermo Sicily Sept 1943 7th Army Patch.jpg

The release date for the Hasbro Patton was 1997.

I remember seeing it a few times and it was a shelf warmer in some places.

Back then, the only resources were really books or pundits thought of as experts ( like Jon Gawne, those types) Something to note about those "pundits", Gawne used to be a VIP over at the old Sixth Division EZBoard in the old days. He would regularly, IIRC, just unload on people for all kinds of reasons. He got away with it for a long time because he was a VIP. Sad to see. So I think also a quiet dynamic was, like many of the artists in our hobby, a lot of the information back then was trapped inside difficult people. I exchanged emails with Gawne for a while talking about a possible trade for some stuff, and it was like getting primitive dentistry done by a guy on crack. Dale Dye was another guy with a reputation on the military side of the hobby. I guess some people knew him in real life, etc, etc.

My guess is if Hasbro got it wrong, that it was probably based on how little they had in the way of practical resources/information exchange back then.

The release date for the Hasbro Patton was 1997.

I remember seeing it a few times and it was a shelf warmer in some places.

Back then, the only resources were really books or pundits thought of as experts ( like Jon Gawne, those types) Something to note about those "pundits", Gawne used to be a VIP over at the old Sixth Division EZBoard in the old days. He would regularly, IIRC, just unload on people for all kinds of reasons. He got away with it for a long time because he was a VIP. Sad to see. So I think also a quiet dynamic was, like many of the artists in our hobby, a lot of the information back then was trapped inside difficult people. I exchanged emails with Gawne for a while talking about a possible trade for some stuff, and it was like getting primitive dentistry done by a guy on crack. Dale Dye was another guy with a reputation on the military side of the hobby. I guess some people knew him in real life, etc, etc.

My guess is if Hasbro got it wrong, that it was probably based on how little they had in the way of practical resources/information exchange back then.

It is a lot easier to check up on things nowadays, but as with one of the photos in my last post you still need to check various sources, because at least one of the captions is currently wrong. (It's more likely Patton was shaking hands with Monty in Tunisia prior to the invasion of Sicily).

It was just a funny coincidence that DID made the same error as Hasbro. I expect the patch will say "I" because they must work from photos, and that it's the specs that are wrong.

I've just pre-ordered this and have also bought the George C Scott smirking head to swap - finally a figure from my favourite movie!!!
1679872526435.png

E60071 Accessory Kit Of General Patton

DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 1.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 2.jpg

DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 13.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 12.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 11.jpg

DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 9.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 10.gif

DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 3.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 4.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 5.gif
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 6.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 7.jpg
DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 8.jpg

Brief Introduction​

To make General Patton (A80164) more playable, we specially released an exclusive accessory kit for him (#E60071) , including:

A super realistic headsculpt that recreates another classical General Patton; an iconic bomber jacket which is made of genuine leather and is soft and comfortable; a calm and loyal Bull Terrier dog which is General Patton’s best friend; a detailed dog tag specially made for it. What’s more, there is also a base exclusively for General Patton.

With the accessory kit, you can DIY more different scenarios for General Patton. Your General Patton is waiting for it. Just come and get it!

PS: Some accessories that shown in the images are NOT included in E60071, please refer to the E60071 part list for the specific details.

Full Part List​

1 Super realistic headsculpt X 1
2 WWII US Bomber Jacket
3 Bull Terrier Dog
4 Dog tag for Bull Terrier Dog
5 United States Army Central patch X 1
6 1st Armored Division patch X 1
7 Base

View attachment 630223View attachment 630224
View attachment 630237View attachment 630238View attachment 630239
View attachment 630240View attachment 630241
View attachment 630225View attachment 630226View attachment 630227View attachment 630228View attachment 630229View attachment 630230

Brief Introduction​

To make General Patton (A80164) more playable, we specially released an exclusive accessory kit for him (#E60071) , including:

A super realistic headsculpt that recreates another classical General Patton; an iconic bomber jacket which is made of genuine leather and is soft and comfortable; a calm and loyal Bull Terrier dog which is General Patton’s best friend; a detailed dog tag specially made for it. What’s more, there is also a base exclusively for General Patton.

With the accessory kit, you can DIY more different scenarios for General Patton. Your General Patton is waiting for it. Just come and get it!

PS: Some accessories that shown in the images are NOT included in E60071, please refer to the E60071 part list for the specific details.

Full Part List​

2 WWII US Bomber Jacket
3 Bull Terrier Dog
7 Base
WOW.

Not a fan of articulated animals, but it looks good.

I never even realised his jacket had those lighter brown spots but it's very neat.

The base looks really cool too but they should have taken a picture of Patton on it and not the dog also would prefer a crotch grabber.

I think we got all his most famous/major looks, I'm not sure I want three Pattons displayed but I NEED the battle of the bulge look and the ike jacket version displayed....

The articulation is likely with magnets, as with Marseille's Beagle, so the joints should look seamless.

Willie's female counterpart can retire back to her kennel now. :lol

Would rather they didn't include the podium stand - I don't like podiums, and there's nothing to secure him to it either.

Not a fan of the jacket either. Maybe with some padding it won't look so baggy, though it may just be the addition of the gun belt that makes it balloon.

DID Patton E60071-Accessory-Kit 14.jpg

Patton jacket.jpg

Willie's female counterpart can retire back to her kennel now. :lol

Would rather they didn't include the podium stand - I don't like podiums, and there's nothing to secure him to it either.

Not a fan of the jacket either. Maybe with some padding it won't look so baggy, though it may just be the addition of the gun belt that makes it balloon.

View attachment 630247

View attachment 630246
Most likely have to futz the jacket a lot and pull from the back to make it more fitting but leather jackets are usually pretty thick.

My biggest issue is the helmet is from the other version so it doesn't have the swivel bails for the chinstrap as seen in that famous picture of patton in the jacket.

Most likely have to futz the jacket a lot and pull from the back to make it more fitting but leather jackets are usually pretty thick.

My biggest issue is the helmet is from the other version so it doesn't have the swivel bails for the chinstrap as seen in that famous picture of patton in the jacket.

They could've included all these parts, minus the podium, in the initial set. Their tactic seems to be an encouragement to sell extra regular sets in order to use the accessories (as it was with Marseille).

I never used Marseille's desert base because it was a wonky chunk of resin (the wooden frame fell off right out out of the box) with no support for the figure.

I only want the dog, but will take the sculpt as it may be useful eventually. The jacket may find a use without its insignia.

E60071 Accessory Kit Of General Patton

View attachment 630223View attachment 630224
View attachment 630237View attachment 630238View attachment 630239
View attachment 630240View attachment 630241
View attachment 630225View attachment 630226View attachment 630227View attachment 630228View attachment 630229View attachment 630230

Brief Introduction​

Full Part List​

2 WWII US Bomber Jacket
3 Bull Terrier Dog
7 Base
This is fantastic! If only this came out before I bought the smirking George C Scott headsculpt...

The B-3 was a bulky jacket without a "trim fit". I think the problem versus photos of the real Patton is that the figure isn't thick enough in the body to fill it out.

Patton jacket2.jpg

Nothing that padding shouldn't be able to cure, but the look isn't going down too well on the BBICN forum.

https://www.avileather.com/flight-jacket-history/

B3 JACKET (1934)​

The B3 flight jacket was designed for aircraft bombers who needed to go up high altitudes. Thus it could be rightly referred to as the ‘bomber jacket’. The material composition are a combination of sheepskin and very thick sheep fur. The jackets were not meant to be just the regular types, as they were intended to keep people warm at an altitude of up to 25,000 feet. Thus earned the jacket its reputation as one that was capable of providing sufficient warmth. Each of the jackets had two leather straps that could be used to close the open collar; but unlike the other jacket type, B3 jackets did not have a knit waist band or a trim fit.

b3 1.jpg
B3 2.jpg
B3 3.jpg
B3 4.jpg

Being an early 1930s design (Patton learned to fly in 1921), the jacket could be very useful for creating pilots and adventurers from the pulp cliffhanger era, and would likely look better left open as worn by Steve McQueen.

This is fantastic! If only this came out before I bought the smirking George C Scott headsculpt...

An idea for the head came to me while on the running machine: I could do with an older sculpt for one of the German General Staff officers I make from leftover Stauffenberg parts.

George C. Scott's been in that territory before:

s-l500.jpg

The Hindenburg (1975)

6a0133ed2ccaac970b014e86e5baa2970d-600wi.jpg

hawk1.jpg

Everything about GI Joe RAH General Hawk screams modern rebooted Patton as inspiration.

Well, that's just me.

Just finished watching the movie Patton again still as amazing as I remembered; all the dialogue is great and of course, George C Scotts portrayal was just perfect but Karl Malden who plays Omar Bradley stole the show for me I've said this before but I really need DiD to make an Omar Bradley.

Back