1/6 DID A80156 WWII US 29th Infantry Technician – Corporal Upham

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from the head sculpt, it does look very good. I will say that the head sculpt does look better in your pics, but still a shame that they didn't capture more of Davies.

Aside from Wade, do you plan on displaying Mr. Ryan himself?

Now you have to find an existing thread or start a new thread of the DAM Toys "Black Hawk Down" figures and share some pics of your figures peaking from that lower Detolf shelf! :lecture

(I think there may be an existing thread, if not mistaken...)

I really dig that pic where you are holding the figure in your hand. I think it captures Upham's frame quite well and with the helmet on it completes the look. This, to my eye, looks better than Facepool's. Now I have to decide if I should purchase this one too. I was really underwhelmed with Facepool's release.

Aside from Wade, do you plan on displaying Mr. Ryan himself?
I actually had put Ryan where Upham is right now but switched them out eventually or hopefully maybe next week I'll put the shelf up and have him beside Miller in the orientation of the movie poster.

Now you have to find an existing thread or start a new thread of the DAM Toys "Black Hawk Down" figures and share some pics of your figures peaking from that lower Detolf shelf! :lecture
I think I've posted a better version of this before but here you go.

If Damtoys actually cared about their wasted "History" line they should have actually kept going with the Vietnam war figures I'm still dumbfounded that they made the main guys from Platoon in 1/12 scale and not 1/6 (The Tet USMC M60 Gunner has some of the best Vietnam war parts i've handled) updated or new characters from black hawk down would be perfect for this line, they already tooled newer better versions of some of these parts with their USMC operation Urban warrior figures.

I'd love to have a captain steele with the Radio and the two machine gunners that were part of eversmann chalk.

blackhawkdown.jpg

I really dig that pic where you are holding the figure in your hand. I think it captures Upham's frame quite well and with the helmet on it completes the look. This, to my eye, looks better than Facepool's. Now I have to decide if I should purchase this one too. I was really underwhelmed with Facepool's release.
The lighting that Upham is in makes a huge diffrenece I noticed being blasted with the light in the detolf made him look a little worse while Ryan actually looked better with the lighting from the case, since it sounds like you do have the Facepool version you could buy this and give the DiD version the two M1 ammo bags and the bandoleer which are more accurate color wise to one he had in the movie, and then use the facepool version for the end battle look with the 30cal belts around him.

Capture.PNG

None look like Jeremy tbh - but DIDs far better sculpt.

Attachments

• UPHAM.jpg
    UPHAM.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
None look like Jeremy tbh - but DIDs far better sculpt.
Most definitely it looks better. Not accurate, but better.
The lighting that Upham is in makes a huge diffrenece I noticed being blasted with the light in the detolf made him look a little worse while Ryan actually looked better with the lighting from the case, since it sounds like you do have the Facepool version you could buy this and give the DiD version the two M1 ammo bags and the bandoleer which are more accurate color wise to one he had in the movie, and then use the facepool version for the end battle look with the 30cal belts around him.

View attachment 629490
I was thinking the same thing, but Upham isn't really the character I was looking to double-dip on. However, I'm not happy with Facepool's and it's bugging me. Decisions, decisions...

Back