1/6 - Big Chief Studios - Gladiator - The Spaniard Collector Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russell Crowe must suffer from the Harrison Ford hard-to-nail likeness problem. All the sculpts I've seen have bits of Gladiator Crowe in there, but none has put it altogether in a convincing way.
Yeah none have been right on. But I did do this to my custom the other night and I'm really loving the results...I boiled the head and reform it by shortening the jaw. Gave him a rounder head. I think it brought the likeness out more. IMG_20190703_005716_002.jpgIMG_20190703_030042_569.jpgIMG_20190703_030042_568.jpgIMG_20190703_024020_361.jpgIMG_20190703_024020_364.jpgIMG_20190703_024020_373.jpgIMG_20190703_024020_362.jpgIMG_20190703_024020_413.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

****...I didn't know this was cancelled. I've been wating for this and wondered why it was taking so long. This ****ing sucks.

9bd0b0c2-8581-4b0c-b51f-5af7eb36933d.jpg

9a4f3cfe-2243-496e-a92f-14886bf80be0.jpg

We're people to harsh on this? I wouldn't mind a revisit with a slightly reworked head.
I wasn't in the market but when I first saw this I thought it was a bootleg or something for calling him "The Spaniard" instead of Maximus. I guess if SSC had it it's legit but I never bothered to even see they were carrying it. I wonder if they just went w/ a different name if it helped, plus the headsculpt.
As for the name, it's clearly labeled Gladiator up top, and secondary Spaniard, they spent half the movie with the crowds cheering and calling him Spaniard!
Was labeling him that on the box really some impass for some? :lol
If they had followed with the main Trio- Juba as the Numidian and Hagan as the Germanian, all labeled as such on the box, I'd have loved that, and wanted them too.
5id4sw.gif

5id5wo.gif

75m0rg.gif

gladiator-3.jpg

Last edited:
It's a shame it was cancelled. I would have purchased it despite also owning the Pangaea. It also would have come with the initial tunic that Maximus wore in his first Gladiator battle, in the 'are you not entertained?' scenes.

It seems weird that there is enough interest for at least 3 Nathan Algren customs but not one official Maximus figure. Maybe it was the sculpt that didn't inspire sales.

It's a shame it was cancelled. I would have purchased it despite also owning the Pangaea. It also would have come with the initial tunic that Maximus wore in his first Gladiator battle, in the 'are you not entertained?' scenes.
7qqqn5.jpg

6e87wy.gif

6e85ji.gif

6e87mr.gif

Oh yeah, the "are you not entertained" ^ specific tunic plus the twin Gladius Hispaniensis:wink1: blades, iconic momment would have been a fantastic alternate look.
Another reason this version would have been nice to have.

Was there ever a third party who made it?

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of, but there was a collector who tailored his own tunuc which looked excellent! There are a few custom artists I can think of who could also be spproached for a set.

Don't know if the sequel has its own thread? Please link if it does.
Edit: Ok I started one - GLADIATOR SEQUEL | RIDLEY SCOTT / PARAMOUNT

But my interest in this just went up significantly.

Though if they intend to put Pascal in the arena , or as any kind of General, if they give him anything that looks remotley like a Mando helmet. That would be bizarrely distracting:lol
7kaqle.gif

Hopefully this sequel brings some interest back to a possible Maximus/Spaniard figure release.

Last edited:
Hopefully with the new sequel coming soon.
And a posible 24/25 anniversary re-releas of the original in theaters.

Someone else reconsiders the Gladiator line (though there have been a few), and we finally do get another chance at this line:
Possibly this time doing a compatible set of the main trio:
The Spaniard, the Numidian and the Germanian :wink1:
3ff18e33050003af94936af821d7692d.gif

8mz1we.gif

8myy54.jpg

Wouldn't mind getting Tigris of Gaul as well...
8myzs4.gif

Not sure if ShocktrooperC shared this here:
1713286693891.jpeg

Last edited:
Back