1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea when Joker will be up for PO?
giphy.gif

Not too keen on the way they painted the green in the hair, but at least it isn't green on green like that damn render. The face is ****ing stellar.
IOQkpJR.jpg

(pic borrowed from Toy Shiz on facebook)

The Mondo Joker looks great and will be purchased.

I really wish Mondo would release another Batman that is taller than the current one.
in the picture at DesinerCon, Batman is on a stand while Joker is not and Batman still looks much shorter.
The strange part is that I believe the chart below is from Mondo.
1636902255707.jpeg

I love the licenses Mondo has but have an issue with the scale. A 1/6 Batman should be over 12 inches tall imo not below 12. A 1/6 He-Man should be closer to 13".
The pic above, while awesome, is off on their heights. When Batman TAS was still in production they put out a character lineup for scale so I adjusted the pic above to reflect their actual heights

20220117_145844.jpg

Fixed that for you. I fear their X-Men Animated line will also move as slow. Would have been great if they were actually capable of cranking these figures out at a reasonable time.
Yeah. It seemed like forever for the Mondo TMNT line to complete but it was better for my budgeting. As much as it pains me, I wouldn’t mind 3 figures a year - two X-Men, one villain

2022 - Wolverine / Wolverine (Brown Variant) / Magneto
2023 - Cyclops / Jean Grey / Dark Phoenix
2024 - Gambit / Rogue / Mister Sinister
2025 - Storm / Beast / Sabertooth
2026 - Jubilee / Professor X / Juggernaut
2027 - X-Men 97 Versions (if the show is any good)

Given that they're just producing upscaled action figures without any intricate soft goods or head sculpts, I'm baffled on how slow they are in producing these figures. My desire for these have died down a bit where if I get Joker, Harley, and Batman Beyond, I'd be done with them.

Given that they're just producing upscaled action figures without any intricate soft goods or head sculpts, I'm baffled on how slow they are in producing these figures.

When you are as small a company as Mondo is, you get pushed to the back of the line in the production queue. They are a low priority at the production facility.

On top of that, they're sending prototypes back and forth. They could easily spend a year just on checking the body of each new figure to make sure the joints work properly. They get a sample from the factory, the hip joints aren't tight enough, they tell the factory to fix it. The factory implements the fixes, 3-6 months later, they get a revised sample. Hips are good, but now the elbows are floppy, they weren't floppy in the previous sample, what gives? Factory fixes the elbows, but they just send you the arms themselves, with tighter elbows, so how do you know if the whole body works properly at this point? That sort of stuff happens all the time.

You don't have those problems on figures with 'intricate soft goods', because the base body has already been figured out. It's not like one is easier than the other.

Back