1/6 Asmus Toy - The Lord of The Rings - Nazgûl 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the cloak looks all that bad? People always complain that figures aren’t weathered enough, and now a weathered figure is bad. I get it’s a little too frayed but nothing that a little trim won’t fix if you’re really unhappy with it.

Loving it! As someone who has an ACI and the previous Asmus Wraith, I'm liking that there are subtle differences between them so there's a little subtle visual variety. (And yes, I think the cloak looks just fine!) Judging by the video, looks like the body is mostly ratchet joints, which is good. Looking forward to receiving this heavy boy!

That video really doesn't help in providing a clear look at the cloak material, which is one of only two concerns that I have with this figure. The other is with the seam on the hood.

Hopefully just some trimming of the frays will correct that one issue and the figure will look much better.

What I do find interesting is that the frays actually appear thicker around the hood area but actually not too bad in the end of sleeves area.

oHc6Pgb.jpg

"What I do find interesting is that the frays actually appear thicker around the hood area but actually not too bad in the end of sleeves area."
-Different material altogether.

"What I do find interesting is that the frays actually appear thicker around the hood area but actually not too bad in the end of sleeves area."
-Different material altogether.

I would have preferred if the hood had used the same material as the sleeves. Seems to be a finer material and would have scaled the hood better.

I think it's better to be too frayed than not frayed. At least you can trim off the excess that you don't want.

Is that a new stand? I rather have the old stand to have unity with the rest of the collection.

Do we know what stand/base the Nazgul 2.0 comes with? Based on the unboxing video, the stand is similar to the Gandalf the White that was showcased on SDCC. I like this new design of the base and I hope it's not only for the video. It would be great if Asmus actually had this info on the website ...

1661954283973.png

Anyone order 9 of these? Lol. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 9 1/6 Nazgûl in all their glory.

I remember when the first Nazgûl came out they had mentioned of trying to come up with a way to buy all of them in some special deal or something. Like many of their “special promotions” it didn’t seem to come to fruition sadly.

Anyone order 9 of these? Lol. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 9 1/6 Nazgûl in all their glory.
Lol I am getting closer. 1 ACI, 1 Asmus 1.0, 1 Asmus 1.0 on steed and 1 Asmus 2.0 on the way. That’s four right there. The Witch King (armor or twilight/wraith version) gets me to 5 (don’t think I can count them as 2 because it’s the same Nazgul).

If 2.0 blows me away and they are available for a long enough time I could see myself caving in and getting a second one. Then I could create Weathertop but that would mean taking the one off the horse. . .

Hello ! I received my Nazgul today, and took some time to display it. It really is a nice figure, I like the multiple layers of cloth, the fabric looks good, the metal parts are a cool surprise. The only red point in my opinion are the sleeves. They look great with the little embroidery on the edges, but Asmus cut them, to show the metal armor when the wraith raises tthe arms I suppose. So when you want to put the accent on the cloth rather than the armor you have to put the sleeves above the forearm and it's not that easy, you have to twist them and try to find a natural position and it's a pain.
Other than that, I'm very happy to add this iconic character to the collection !
(I didn't used the stand that Asmus provided because I wanted something more sober, simple and dark. So I took an old one.)
Here are some pictures after the essential water treatment (otherwise it's a mess of fabric), some cloth triming, and weathering.
Thanks Asmus, great figure ! :D

IMG_9781''.JPG
IMG_9782.JPG

IMG_9783.JPG

IMG_9785'.JPG

IMG_9788.JPG

Back