1/6 Asmus Toy - The Lord of The Rings - Nazgûl 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm really not liking the cloak on this at all. The fabric looks way too stiff and heavily textured, and there's far too much fraying at the edges.

Fortunately it's a black cloak, so I guess it shouldn't be too hard to make a new one for the figure.

Some more unboxing photos. The metal parts look great however the base robe is wrong and should be parted down the middle from the waist down and not at the sides, similar to Gandalf's robe. Visible seam on top of the head is a bummer too.

Overall I'm still excited to get the pair I've ordered but definitely going to be making my own robes to get it closer to the movie costume and the Weta statue.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1661501193204.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661501193204.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1661501190516.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661501190516.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1661501188044.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661501188044.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1661501185106.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661501185106.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1661501181365.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661501181365.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1661501177663.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661501177663.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1595456948f9e2f9a038c8756b43d7203c9dc3469f (1).jpg
    1595456948f9e2f9a038c8756b43d7203c9dc3469f (1).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Even though they’re slow as hell to get these figures in, I’ll preorder through PopCultcha since they have a PO discount and I got me some Pennies to bring the price down some more.
Looking forward to it, but yeah…a bit let down by the tailoring which is traditionally where Asmus shines. Going to rely on the futzing/posing/lighting combo.👍👍

The sculpted parts on this look good, but I still feel that unfortunately Asmus missed the entire point of the Nazgul. While Asmus keeps focusing on the sculpted die-cast bracers, legs, etc. and show them off in all their images, those parts are rarely even seen on the actual characters in the movie.
What defines the Nazgul are the hood and robes with several layers of cloth. This is the part Asmus skimped on in their first release, and now did it again. It's what makes them look like wraiths, something inhuman. By showing the arms and legs so prominently, they look too ordinarily human IMO.
I think this is also exactly the part that InArt can vastly improve on in their offering.

Untitled22.jpg~original.jpg

amonsul3.jpg~original.jpg

weathertop010531a.jpg

Inart will destroy this. Unfortunately we will need to shell out another 500 bucks . Hopefully less because of the lack of rooted elements. This still looks cool though and will fit the bill if you want more than one on the shelf

Inart will destroy this. Unfortunately we will need to shell out another 500 bucks . Hopefully less because of the lack of rooted elements. This still looks cool though and will fit the bill if you want more than one on the shelf
Standard InArt Batman is $380 and standard Joker was $346 (at OSK), so I don't see the their Ringwraith being over $300 without a painted sculpt. Or even a two-pack at $550 or something.

The ACI ones got the fabric right. The bodies aren't made for the die cast parts for the long run though. I repaired them before but I notice a loose hip joint just now on the one holding the sword upright.View attachment 596576
The left one looks like ACI to me, but which is the right one? Customized? He looks great!

The ACI ones got the fabric right. The bodies aren't made for the die cast parts for the long run though. I repaired them before but I notice a loose hip joint just now on the one holding the sword upright.View attachment 596576
Great looking pair. I have the ACI one as well, along with the column extra.

I would have picked up two more if they had been available. I'm thinking of adding a pair from Asmus but unsure yet. As previously mentioned the thick threaded material for the robes really make the frayed ends look out of scale.

Some more unboxing photos. The metal parts look great however the base robe is wrong and should be parted down the middle from the waist down and not at the sides, similar to Gandalf's robe. Visible seam on top of the head is a bummer too.

Overall I'm still excited to get the pair I've ordered but definitely going to be making my own robes to get it closer to the movie costume and the Weta statue.
We actually have studied many Nazgul clothing design, in fact it is very similar to teh PF statue from Sideshow years ago.

We properly don't have a place to say this, but this Weta statue is actually very different from their own props...

Has anybody not received their invoice for this? This is the first time I didn't get an invoice right away.

We actually have studied many Nazgul clothing design, in fact it is very similar to teh PF statue from Sideshow years ago.

We properly don't have a place to say this, but this Weta statue is actually very different from their own props...
It's nice to see you here again! Please considering checking all of the recent threads if you can! :)

I really wish Asmus has taken the input months ago on the cloak. They are so obsessed with "the alloy" they completely botched the cloak. Way too thick, way too frayed.....I had to cancel.

I had assumed Asmus would simply knock figures with no face sculpts out of the park yet they managed to botch a black cloak of all things. Luckily its also quite easily salvageable by just trimming some of the frayed threads. As much as I'd like to simply switch to the InArt version I'm concerned about their pricing so I'll probably retain my preorder. The armor looks brilliant and I'm fine for it being exposed since I'll have them in dynamic poses for my Weathertop display. Hoping InArt absolutely nail their Aragorn for that

Back