1/6 Asmus Toy - The Lord of The Rings - Nazgûl 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got the single Nazgul v1 as I got the one on the horse and figures one was enough for me. But I'm liking the idea of a 2nd Nazgul stalking on the ground with the Nazgul on steed.
I was the other way around and only got a single, and have been thinking that I might want one on the steed now as I'm expanding my display space.
Probably a good thing they are not re-releasing that right now though, as I have too many things on pre-order as is anyway. :lol

Nice to see a V2 of this though, and the hood seems to be a big improvement. That huge seem on the V1 was the reason I made custom robes for mine.

I got the one on the steed (still sealed in the box so question...
Did the V1 have the nice undergarment with sweet sleeve detailing like the V2 has? If not another awesome improvement!
nazgul_the-lord-of-the-rings_gallery_61c3ca48d6b5b.jpg

I don't remember that. That might be new.

Maybe Rovi has the list of improvements on the v2? I'd also be curious if they are still using that crazy "spoon" design to support the empty hood or did they just make the material stiff enough to hold up on its own? (Latter being better)

So far:
Alloy armor pieces
New body

I might wait for a sale. Not a great deal of interest for me at the moment - generally prefer the good guys. Also got some pricey Weta stuff on pre-order that really takes priority. However I am happy for collectors who want this figure. :wave
Yeah same here, I still need to pre-order Bilbo as my main retailer hasn't put him up for order yet, plus there are a few Weta pieces I want to get as well as some other figures that I need to pay off...really great for those who want it though! Anyone going to buy 9 of them to display?

Yeah same here, I still need to pre-order Bilbo as my main retailer hasn't put him up for order yet, plus there are a few Weta pieces I want to get as well as some other figures that I need to pay off...really great for those who want it though! Anyone going to buy 9 of them to display?
I thought of that. But $1800 is a bit steep — not to mention the amount of space required to display all of them.

I don't remember that. That might be new.

Maybe Rovi has the list of improvements on the v2? I'd also be curious if they are still using that crazy "spoon" design to support the empty hood or did they just make the material stiff enough to hold up on its own? (Latter being better)

So far:
Alloy armor pieces
New body
I'm guessing the new body and the new armor is the big upgrades from the first version. Their FB post only says the following:

"This revision comes with many enhancements from our first version. We have given this servant of The Dark Lord a complete set of alloy armour and weapons. Including pairs of bicep and forearm braces, plus thigh, calf and foot pieces.
As well as the Nazgûl sword and Morgul Blade complete with scabbards, you will receive a bonus Witchking sword with scabbard too!
🗡

To support the extra weight this figure carries, we have introduced a Coo Model articulated body which will hold your desired position with ease!"

It’s a collaboration with Coomodel. I guess the armor is also made by coomodel. They’re doing a lot of medieval knights. Cool figures and think this Nazgul will come out great!

Last edited:
I wonder what headsculpt you'll be using under the hood. I imagine it is painted all black to avoid it being seen in daylight?
V1‘s head isn’t a sculpt at all but a black plastic ‘soup ladle’ that supports the hood. Probably same solution for this one.

Cant’ wait!! Got two of the originals as well as the WK and all three bodies are bleh.

This Nazgûl looks great in the promo shots, but after the way Asmus lied and screwed over their customers on the Ash Williams release this month, they won't ever see another dime from me unfortunately. Super shady company.

It's unfortunate that the Ash Williams release has left a bad taste in lots of collector's mouths, especially people new to collecting/this forum as evidenced by Evil_Deadite's post above.
Their LOTR line has been improving over the years to the point where I have finally jumped in and picked up 4 of their figures in 2021 to add to the Slim Frodo and Samwise releases I have. I'm personally looking forward to this release, as well as Bilbo and Gollum/Smeagol this year. I really hope Asmus is paying attention to some people's disappointment/anger/fury with their Ash figure and ensure that the upcoming releases are as good as what they have previously been able to demonstrate. I'm certainly not an Asmus "fanboy" (that Ace Ventura.....eeesh), but I believe they can produce excellent figures when the effort is there.

@Asmus please, please check out film stills....the Nazgul cloak is not that frayed. I get you are going for a little weathering, but it shouldn't look so tattered. Please fix that while you have time.

Back