1/6 Asmus Toy - The Lord of The Rings - Nazgûl 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@monkeyjedi sorry your boxes have been mangled like that. Is the figure ok? Of late Asmus have been putting hard plastic corner protectors on the shipping box - looks from your pics they were missing?
I'm in the UK also and upto now had no issues with Fedex, but it looks in your case a combination of bad packing by Asmus and bad treatment of the package along the way have caused this problem.
Hope you can get a favourable resolution if you take it further. :)

Thanks, man... The box did have corner protectors on the outside, but the box was too big and no packing to protect the art box inside...
The figure seems fine, no drama and frankly quite awesome... He's a beast!!
They've been pretty efficient and sending a new art box, but told me they haven't designed an actual Asmus branded shipping carton as they think the corner protectors are good enough, and something I didn't quite understand about customs charges, but this may be a policy going forward, no shippers???
I like my shippers... Strange decisions they seem to be making at Asmus these days :confused:

Yes, If only they would take a little more care packing it up... This came direct from Asmus to UK, with no original shipper, oversized box with one thin layer of bubble wrap, and now I'm having the "we will discuss the matter with Fedex" conversation... Ugh... Be warned :cautious:

View attachment 597997
View attachment 597998View attachment 597999View attachment 598000
What matter is there to discuss with them? Unless the figure was damaged there's really no issue. The purpose of packaging is to protect the actual product; if it did that then what's the problem?

couple of quick pics for $hits and giggles...
will try and take something decent outside tomorrow in the light.
Still have some more modding to do- lots of sanding and trimming to the fabric.
And spraying of water, water, water.
But the figure is AWESOME and holds the poses even under all the weight!
sng.jpg

b.jpg

A quick photo of Nazgul 2.0 that just came in yesterday.

I love the figure overall, it looks great when displayed, below are a few comments
+ Packaging is very nice, love the new Box design (Bilbo and now Nazgul), great work! I would prefer foam-style filling (feels more premium to me)
+ Overall Figure, materials, and accessories are solid. The real alloy armor is super beautiful and heavy
- The leather belts are a pain to set up and I am sure they will fall apart sooner or later (not real leather). I would prefer the belts to be made of plastic.
- The body, especially hands/shoulders should have been ratcheted as it already has some problems holding the weight of the alloy. After a time I am afraid the hands will not stay up
- The base is nice but the looks a bit "cheap". Texture across the entire base would make it better or give me a diorama base.

I have a second more Nazgul 2.0 on the way and I would love Witch King of Angmar to be also made, fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 20220910_184004.jpg
    20220910_184004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nobody has preordered the SYY Toys Ringwraith? Forgot that I had it on preorder, and looks like it just came out in time with the Asmus one, which I have on preorder too. Wanted to check just in case before pulling the trigger on one of them.

Nobody has preordered the SYY Toys Ringwraith? Forgot that I had it on preorder, and looks like it just came out in time with the Asmus one, which I have on preorder too. Wanted to check just in case before pulling the trigger on one of them.
I always go for licensed figures unless there is none or in horrible quality.

Anyone have any tips on getting the hands to stay on the wrist pegs? They came detached in the box and I'm finding it impossible to get the hands to stay on.

mine came that way as well, also the feet...
I was having a hell of a time getting them back on until I ran them under very hot water, then POP-
back in place! watch out for the metal parts- they will cut you open and make you bleed 😲

I also did not get the Gandalf hat with the Nazgul 2.0. Got it with Bilbo only.
But honestly, @optical20, the new Bilbo is one of the best figures Asmus has made so you should get it.
That’s what I heard. Maybe I’ll do it, right now I am more drawn to Nazgûl since I sold my old one awhile back

That’s what I heard. Maybe I’ll do it, right now I am more drawn to Nazgûl since I sold my old one awhile back
I got the Nazgul 2.0 as well, two of them actually. Great figure but if I had to choose only one (not going to happen) Bilbo is still a winner for me. The head sculpt and tailoring is just awesome, Hot Toys level figure hands down.

Back