1/6 Animated Clone Wars Yoda Sixth Scale Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s understandable that more POs for SS relates to a higher probability of them going deeper into TCW. However, SS backed themselves into the corner with not putting out a solid strong body. I agree, Yoda looks great and the body is, obviously, very different. But if I jump into this line, I want to make sure SS has invested in a newer, stronger body.
Yea, for whatever reason, Sideshow bodies are loose right out of the box, usually the legs from my experience. Not sure if it's the plastic, tolerances or combination of both.

I had their Maul and it was garbage.
Hmmm. I think I still have their Maul and I thought it was quite good. I think they've had at least two Mauls though, so might be talking two different figures... At any rate, I'd say these animated figs have a pretty good chance of being very close to proto...

Hmmm. I think I still have their Maul and I thought it was quite good. I think they've had at least two Mauls though, so might be talking two different figures... At any rate, I'd say these animated figs have a pretty good chance of being very close to proto...
Maybe I got a bad one then because it didn’t take long for him to be unable to stand upright with all joints being fairly loose, the lightsaber blades weren’t even close to straight (they sent me replacements and it was the exact same), it has horrible seams all over the head and last but not least… he can’t hold the lightsaber without the hands falling off…

So I’m waiting and seeing here :lol

I wonder why it is so hard to design and produce a solid body.

Maybe I got a bad one then because it didn’t take long for him to be unable to stand upright with all joints being fairly loose, the lightsaber blades weren’t even close to straight (they sent me replacements and it was the exact same), it has horrible seams all over the head and last but not least… he can’t hold the lightsaber without the hands falling off…

So I’m waiting and seeing here :lol
Sounds like you got a bad one, sort of like the second Darth Vader I got from them which was horribly put together (or not considering many pieces weren’t even glued on).

but I did buy 2 of the Duel on Naboo Maul figures and both were pretty good other than the loose hips. That seems to be a universal problem with all their bodies these days unfortunately.

But it really only takes one bad time by almost any company to make you not really want to buy from them again. Or at least be very cautious about anything going forward.

I wonder why it is so hard to design and produce a solid body.
I don’t think designing the body is an issue as from a design standpoint, I think their bodies are pretty good. I think it comes down to the manufacturing of the body b/c the arms tend to be pretty tight on a lot of my Sideshow figures, but the hips are always loose. Worldbox uses some of the highest quality plastic etc on their bodies have the right amount of tolerances for all the joints to be just right. And regardless of what anyone thinks about Star Ace, while the design of the bodies was questionable, they are very well made and have incredibly strong joints.

Sounds like you got a bad one, sort of like the second Darth Vader I got from them which was horribly put together (or not considering many pieces weren’t even glued on).

but I did buy 2 of the Duel on Naboo Maul figures and both were pretty good other than the loose hips. That seems to be a universal problem with all their bodies these days unfortunately.

But it really only takes one bad time by almost any company to make you not really want to buy from them again. Or at least be very cautious about anything going forward.

If you got a body that wasn't loose, that's actually the bad one. They're all supposed to be factory loose. You should've sent it back for a replacement, demanding you get a floppy mess just like everyone else.

I hope this works because more Star Wars is always better. The problem I have with Sideshow is their released product does not match the prototype and they charge 95% Hot Toy money for 70% the quality.

I idea is fantastic. The Clone Wars is so rich in characters, they could release 5 a year easily since the artwork is .... easier?

I hope this works because more Star Wars is always better. The problem I have with Sideshow is their released product does not match the prototype and they charge 95% Hot Toy money for 70% the quality.

I idea is fantastic. The Clone Wars is so rich in characters, they could release 5 a year easily since the artwork is .... easier?
Agreed. Sad thing is, usually I don't buy sideshow figures upon release as I know that I'll usually have to put some effort into them after the fact. I usually wait until I find a deal on the aftermarket when someone is really trying to get rid of a sideshow figure and buy for cheap.

R.gif
I just curious Sideshow is just reseller. The production is somewhere in another country.

I just curious Sideshow is just reseller. The production is somewhere in another country.
Sideshow is more than a reseller. They also produce allot of products such as statues, artwork, and figures. When I say produce, I mean it like many American companies, design, plan and coordinate in the States and send the work to China.

I think the activity in this thread tells you all you need to know about not just Yoda, but this whole line . . . and it's not good.

Yup! This line had potential but these figures aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Yoda and Ahsoka are probably it for this line if I were to guess.

Yup! This line had potential but these figures aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Yoda and Ahsoka are probably it for this line if I were to guess.

I'd take a Clone Wars Grievous. I'd really take a Tartakovsky Grievous! I'd even take a Hot Toys Grievous.

Did I mention that I'm grieving for a Grievous? 😏

Back