Statue 1:4 Tweeterhead Batman Returns Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint is impressive if that's the production piece. Eyes still too small to be accurate though

^ Oddly enough, that appears to be the same perceived issue as it was with the Sideshow release. Even if it wouldn't actually turn out to be true, and I'm sure the sculptors of both statues paid close attention to getting the facial feature scaling right, they both do appear slightly underscaled.

^ Oddly enough, that appears to be the same perceived issue as it was with the Sideshow release. Even if it wouldn't actually turn out to be true, and I'm sure the sculptors of both statues paid close attention to getting the facial feature scaling right, they both do appear slightly underscaled.
It's a shame as I think the likeness is pretty much there on this one, if the eyes were fixed I'd probably get it. Sideshow's likeness was awful IMO

That's the same issue with the premium format. Eyes looks way off.
Although i don't know if i can pass this again since i don't think we'll ever see a third 1:4 Catwoman.

That's the same issue with the premium format. Eyes looks way off.
Although i don't know if i can pass this again since i don't think we'll ever see a third 1:4 Catwoman.
On the PF the face was too long, it looked like gwyneth paltrow. I think there will be other versions in the future, just a matter of waiting. This one is a stunner though so if you like it and have a good place to display, go for it. Or wait for in hand pics as they are making 7500 so no rush lol

I just had to cancel my pre-order in order to re-allocate the funds, a shame as I really like the look of this piece, but hopefully I can pick this up again in the future as its a fairly large edition number.

I just had to cancel my pre-order in order to re-allocate the funds, a shame as I really like the look of this piece, but hopefully I can pick this up again in the future as its a fairly large edition number.
The ex isn't essential IMO so you should be fine to wait for a while

I don’t understand how Sideshow is getting this and crickets for direct orders from Tweeter. Pisses me off last time I ever order direct.

I don’t understand how Sideshow is getting this and crickets for direct orders from Tweeter. Pisses me off last time I ever order direct.

Their latest newsletter:

First off, My apologies for this newsletter being a week late, September seems like it was over before it began.

Happy Fall! This is my favorite time of the year and I’m so looking forward to moving into 2022. I truly hope this finds you and your loved ones well. We've got a couple of big things to discuss in this month's newsletter, so I'll hop right to it.

POWER-CON 2021
Power-Con was such a fun and unique experience for us, and we were so happy to spend a weekend with the most hardcore MOTU fans in the Universe! Infinite thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth to visit us and check out all the great Masters of the Universe pieces we have been working so hard on, as well as those of you that attended Dave Igo's fantastic panel about the past, present, and future of Tweeterhead and our involvement with the Masters franchise.

Truly, the reactions to the prototype reveals of Mer-Man, Trap Jaw and the He-Man on Battle Cat maquettes on social media and in person were truly humbling, and we can't wait to bring you more.

On top of that, we were so excited to bring you the Hordak Variant and were so happy to give away two Hordak's Minions (which we flew across the globe just for this event) to those lucky Social Media contest winners that were in attendance (including the gentlemen that left THE AIRPORT in order to pick up his prize!)

We can't wait for Power-Con 2022 and we are so excited to see you there!

Until then, please enjoy Dave Igo's panel right here:

Revenge of “Where’s my Maquette” or where’s my Maquette part 3
This year (as well as the last) have been so challenging for everyone, but this container situation has really put me (Chad) into a position I haven’t ever been in since I started doing this a decade ago. We’re doing everything in our power to secure a container, and we have many logicstics teams looking for them for us, but right now, even when we get a lead on one, there seem to be issues. The last set of 40’ containers we were trying to secure had previously carried chemicals and the notes said the container had intense smells. Needless to say we passed on them. (We don’t want to send anyone a literal Poison Ivy).

Please know that we are doing everything we can. As you can see, we have put all pre-orders on hold until we get a lead on getting these maquettes to you guys. Sadly (especially for me personally) is the fact that with Ivy, we had our new plan of action down. Ivy went up for pre-order in Nov 2020 and she was finished in the factory at the beginning of June…8 months. The same is true for Catwoman and Minion and as I write this, I’m also getting email updates on the production of Superman, Teela and our Skeletor bust. The irony of course being that as we finally were getting so far ahead, this situation hits every industry including ours, and has been depressing at the very least. So many people supported us through the rough bits when we were behind in our production schedule and we worked so hard to get back on track. Also, bringing together a killer team of artists, designers and managers only to have this crisis happen has been a real blow.

I hope you see that in holding back on pre-orders, calming all the announcements of stuff to come in the future isn’t a sign that we are going anywhere...On the contrary, we have so many big plans for the future. Think of this rather as a sign that we are making your orders the top priority.

The bottom line is that your stuff WILL GET HERE, it’s just going to be a bit of a waiting game. Thank you so much for your patience.

Ivy and Catwoman and Minion, Oh My…

I know a bunch of you have sent messages about Ivy reaching some customers, as well as Catwoman, and maybe even a few Minions. Our sole distribution partner, Sideshow, was able to get some of these orders to you. I’ve heard some of you are pretty unhappy about this, and as much as I understand your passion for getting your item first (especially the EX customers), I was personally happy to know that the majority of Tweeterhead product was safely on the way, and I could focus on you guys (a smaller number that is much more manageable for me).

We have been trying to piggyback on shipments coming over here and have sent a few of our EX Ivy to EX customers. We also brought over a few Minions for the recent Powercon. As much as I’d love to just have all of your EX orders sent over here, every option outside of a container is just so cost prohibitive.

We are trying to send the EX international customers their orders directly from the factory…and think we will have good luck with this. Stay tuned for news…

Containers at Sea

I think this article explains more of the problem…have a seat before reading. Even if we were on a ship, the ports are so overloaded with containers (500K and counting)

Nearly half a million shipping containers are stuck off the coast of Southern California as the ports operate below capacity

SO IS THERE ANY GOOD NEWS???

There is!
Production reviews and pictures of Poison Ivy etc are all positive and as usual the pieces are looking stunning.
Although, we aren’t showing things at the moment…we have an awesome 2022 line list of DC and MOTU pieces.
We're safe and healthy. Since this started, I have certainly gained a certain perspective as both a more patient person and consumer. It may seem trite, but knowing that we're all in this together has made me feel like the Tweeterhead community has grown stronger and more caring.
And for that, in spite of every curveball life has thrown at us all these past 19 months, I am grateful.

Thank you again, to all our customers, the Tweeterhead Family, for sticking with us and we can't wait to get to the other side and share more nerdy goodness with you all soon!

I don't really understand the reason for orders being delayed outside of sideshow's but yeah, nor much reason to order direct any more

They had a limited time offer through their website when it went up didn't they, and now those people have to wait longer

Yeah it’s trash Sideshow is getting theirs before direct orders. This was my first order direct and last. Sideshow will continue to get my business and if this is not on or with production it will be my last TH piece. Very discouraging, obviously SS has the deeper pockets to pay for a container with more inventory, not my problem TH. Do the right thing.

First production pics:

TVdoWtb.jpg

OtZOcwK.jpg

ztflWKu.jpg

OOu4pvg.jpg

IYNSopL.jpg

eM5WOHf.jpg

85vYbPQ.jpg

They went a little heavy with the eye shadow, but overall it looks really good to me.

They went a little heavy with the eye shadow, but overall it looks really good to me.
That's to disguise the eyes which are too small

Otherwise it looks great, paint job exactly like the proto which is nice

It’s nice, but i don’t think that sculpt is the home run some people say it is. Eyes are too small, eyeshadow is way too dark.

Last edited:
Back