1/4 Hot Toys - QS019 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting to receive my 1/6 version which has just made it to Australia. I shouldn't have preordered it, because otherwise I could have bought it from overseas months ago.
I thought for sure the 1/4 scale figure would be released before I got the 1/6 DX...

Oh jeez! I don't think I would be able to wait that long after HK release :google

Oh jeez! I don't think I would be able to wait that long after HK release :google
I've just had to pretend it hadn't been released yet... I had asked Popcultcha when it was due and they told me February 2023, so the fact it's three months early is a relief!

is there Any news on the re-release ??

while we wait here is my WIP of the scarecrow in 1/4 Scale since I had a spare body

I still need a straight jacket 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20230103_202303.jpg
    IMG_20230103_202303.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I know HT has come a long way since their first QS, but they really nailed the skin tone/paint on the QS001 mouthplates and I don't see how they can top that with coming rerelease.

(custom head & neck by OT Customs, mouthplate by Hot Toys)

View attachment 619614

Yeah I think the OG 001 is still a great, great figure, even up to today's standards in my opinion. I'll also be curious to see if they make any adjustments to the 019.

Yeah I think the OG 001 is still a great, great figure, even up to today's standards in my opinion. I'll also be curious to see if they make any adjustments to the 019.
My hope simply for better fabric for his under suit. On film it’s pretty heavy looking mesh, but the the figure just uses a thin cotton that feels cheap to me.

I know HT has come a long way since their first QS, but they really nailed the skin tone/paint on the QS001 mouthplates and I don't see how they can top that with coming rerelease.

(custom head & neck by OT Customs, mouthplate by Hot Toys)

View attachment 619614
Yeah the QS001 has pretty distinct areas of 5 o’clock shadow and nice texture. It’s from a time when Hot Toys was trying. The QS009 by contrast has their newer more vague industrial looking paint that doesn’t have much clear direction behind it and the textures got a lot softer.

My hope simply for better fabric for his under suit. On film it’s pretty heavy looking mesh, but the the figure just uses a thin cotton that feels cheap to me.
You mean a more thick material?

Indeed it feels Way To cheap but I think the real purpose of it is to allow some degree of articulation

It is crazy how well the neutral chin holds up, I’ve even recently decided I prefer it over any of the Enterbay chins too.

2FE29EFD-ACB3-41D0-88D6-CA1BC7CEBB75.jpeg
095FD923-430C-46A8-81C7-633BB05A4209.jpeg

Hope I'm wrong but is that the same body proportion of the dx19?? I mean now it looks a little bit fat

Other than that I don't see anything different
It MIGHT be padded out a bit more in the stomach area, that’s the only thing that looks different to me at all. The paint apps look a bit different of course but how could they not.

It MIGHT be padded out a bit more in the stomach area, that’s the only thing that looks different to me at all. The paint apps look a bit different of course but how could they not.

Yep that's what I was thinking It would be interesting to compare it vs the first one when the time comes

Just wondering if you're going to get it since I consider you the best fan of batbale here hehehe 😅

I my case I already paid for the preorder so I'm not planning on bailing out....but that extra fat like in my dx19 it's not ok 😒

Pd: sorry to bother Ot but I did send you an email regarding the availability of the neck an cowl in 1/4 scale but never got a reply😅

I'm curious what others think of this one.

A year ago I would have said the QS001 and the 1:4 Vader were the only Hot Toys they could reissue with no updates and they'd still feel modern, but my opinion of the QS001 has finally become more realistic. People were complaining about the wide eyed expression, the pointy nose, and cone head way back in 2014.

It's hard to be disappointed since this is exactly what Hot Toys advertised, but I was hoping they would improve something.

Back