1/4 Hot Toys - QS019 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that's what I was thinking It would be interesting to compare it vs the first one when the time comes

Just wondering if you're going to get it since I consider you the best fan of batbale here hehehe 😅

I my case I already paid for the preorder so I'm not planning on bailing out....but that extra fat like in my dx19 it's not ok 😒

Pd: sorry to bother Ot but I did send you an email regarding the availability of the neck an cowl in 1/4 scale but never got a reply😅
I think I replied last night, if not feel free to forward it bc I wont be able to find it now.

I do have this on PO and I caved and got it from toysbuyingagent too since Sideshow seems to be moving slow right now. I figured the cost was worth it to be able to do comparisons and check to see if my neck fits ASAP.

I was thinking of swapping some of my QS001 custom's bodies but I'm not seeing any reason too so far. I'll probably just keep them as is, the QS001 still feels more special since it's what got me into 1/4 and it was really impressive in 2014. The reissue I don't find impressive for 2023.

Literally same figure.

Just wait for the 25% discount.
Oh and I suspect it will happen. I think the DX19 was a huge seller but they seem to have produced a ton. 1:4 is such a tougher sell than 1:6 and I don't think this one has the wow factor it needs in 2023 to get people to jump to the scale. I think most sales will be people who feel they missed out in 2014 rather than the DX19 which I think earned a lot of new customers based on the types of accounts I see posting it.

I don't even have space for another 1/4 scale figure but... I need iiit 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_112950.jpg
    IMG_20230316_112950.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Oh and I suspect it will happen. I think the DX19 was a huge seller but they seem to have produced a ton. 1:4 is such a tougher sell than 1:6 and I don't think this one has the wow factor it needs in 2023 to get people to jump to the scale. I think most sales will be people who feel they missed out in 2014 rather than the DX19 which I think earned a lot of new customers based on the types of accounts I see posting it.

This.

I got the original QS001 for $300 by waiting patiently. Same with the Enterbay and Begins big boys. I think I paid $250 for Robocop, T-1000 and the BD T-800. Even now, you look on the secondary market and TDK Batman, Joker and Begins don’t go over the original retail price. The market for 1/4 isn’t the same as 1/6 or 1/12. It’s just not there.

It’s a shame there aren’t more. I’d really like a T-800 from the first film or a really well done Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker. A Stormtrooper and Reeve Superman would be great too. Oh well.

The eye balls themselves do look improved slightly on the new one, but I still wont be using them lol. It does look like the paint on the chins could maybe be slightly more lifelike, we’ll see soon.
B50F67F2-8D3F-4844-9013-44122818E8C1.jpeg
View attachment 628419
1C570584-342E-48DC-8E89-6C55C98E5149.jpeg

Last edited:
hehehe
I don’t like the unmasked portrait on this one. For some reason I think it looks better on the DX19

Yo think so?? 🤔

I don't really like how the unmasked sculpt looks on the dx19 but I'm pretty sure is because of the paint job that makes him look way to young

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_210058.jpg
    IMG_20230316_210058.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Some slight improvements done to his waist area... doesn't bulge out around the sides anymore.

But there's a serious lack of interest in this figure anyways. I'm not sure why they reissued it honestly. It's going to sit in stock for a while. I've gotten all the 1/4 HT's I have for like hundreds off retail because HT collector's really don't' care about this scale.

It’s overpriced as it is. It’s over $670 after shipping and taxes, pretty crazy. Anyone that gets it and tries to sell it later will never break even.

Im interested, I think it still looks pretty good even if its mostly a reissue but will wait for the inevitable discount.

I’m definitely interested but yeah… it’s quite expensive so if I can get it later at a deep discount then I’ll probably grab it up.

Back