1/4 Hot Toys - QS019 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a very well thought out observation.

Especially the part about threatening their empire. If you have any time, you should read through the Star Trek thread. It’s a huge task, since it has hundreds and hundreds of pages (unfortunately I can’t find the exact page...but if you choose to do so, god speed lol) but the man responsible for the past few and current Trek figures Nanjin Schubert Tam posts there regularly. Within that thread he gave us collectors a bit of a peek behind the curtain and some of the info he dropped, with regards to HT, Howard chan, was pretty telling.

In a nut shell, as I’ve also come to the realization long before I read Nanjins posts, Howard isn’t anyones friend and is pretty much a d!ck in the industry.

It was already hinted at when enterbay revealed their 1/4 terminator figures. HT revealed their 1/6 ver within seconds of EBs reveal.

Like...go to hell with that HC.
I've know Schubert for years, long before QMx. He has truly persevered and I'm so glad that EXO-6 has been doing well (I also collect those). The 1:6 industry is pretty complex, competitive and cutthroat, so not much surprises me. If HT is locking up the major licenses to effectively suffocate 1:4 figures as a competitive market it is a **** move because it ultimately deprives collectors. I'd like nothing more than to be wrong on that assessment though. Who knows, maybe Queen Studios and JND will be the catalyst that pushes HT to truly expand into 1:4 and they'll leverage the reissues to generate R&D capital and start building up collector excitement.

I've know Schubert for years, long before QMx. He has truly persevered and I'm so glad that EXO-6 has been doing well (I also collect those). The 1:6 industry is pretty complex, competitive and cutthroat, so not much surprises me. If HT is locking up the major licenses to effectively suffocate 1:4 figures as a competitive market it is a **** move because it ultimately deprives collectors. I'd like nothing more than to be wrong on that assessment though. Who knows, maybe Queen Studios and JND will be the catalyst that pushes HT to truly expand into 1:4 and they'll leverage the reissues to generate R&D capital and start building up collector excitement.
And that’s what frustrates me to no end. They HAVE sat on licenses to snuff out competition and I’m like...how can HT stans defend this?

No joke, HT and HC are effin cowards.

In a nut shell, as I’ve also come to the realization long before I read Nanjins posts, Howard isn’t anyones friend and is pretty much a d!ck in the industry.

It was already hinted at when enterbay revealed their 1/4 terminator figures. HT revealed their 1/6 ver within seconds of EBs reveal.

Like...go to hell with that HC.
Hot Toys also announced their 1:4 Terminators around the same time - it seemed to be a golden age for Terminator merch with NECA, Hot Toys and Enterbay tackling it. In addition to the clean T-800, the T-1000 and the BD T-800 Enterbay had also indicated they were making an Endoskeleton. I'm not sure of the exact chronology but Hot Toys puts out their Endoskeleton, Enterbay cancels the one they were going to make, Enterbay drops out of movie licenses altogether, Hot Toys suddenly is no longer interested in doing a 1/4 scale Police Station Assault T-800. We find out in the usual way - by Hot Toys simply never mentioning it ever again. They did later put out the 1/6 scale version but the whole thing did very much smack of them only caring about 1/4 for as long as it took to snuff out Enterbay.

Last edited:
Does Hot Toys have exclusivity with 1/4 licenses? I mean we have Sideshow churning out their crappy 1/6 Star Wars, DC, and Marvel stuff. While they're in cahoots, it doesn't seem that exclusive to one company. I think there's still a chance another company can do 1/4 stuff but maybe do comic book styled DC/Marvel characters.

I think some people here are getting a bit too upset over stuff. These are ultimately toys, and, while pricey, still cost less than a new camera lens or a pair of dress boots.

If you don't like it, don't buy. If you think it's too expensive, don't buy it. I just don't understand getting so obsessed and trying to assign motives to business decisions that you know nothin about.

It's a toy.

Let’s change the subject, is anyone excited about this because they can now display multiple 1:4 TDK Batman with different accessories? I get duplicates of my favorites in case I damage one making a product. Here’s my spares, what do you think?

Attachments

• E3F43F3B-B897-4633-9EF1-1EB0957ACA7F.jpeg
    E3F43F3B-B897-4633-9EF1-1EB0957ACA7F.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 97
Let’s change the subject, is anyone excited about this because they can now display multiple 1:4 TDK Batman with different accessories? I get duplicates of my favorites in case I damage one making a product. Here’s my spares, what do you think?

Wow nice setup! :clap Say, is that a QS009 head on an EB body with the proper gloss bracers? Looks awesome.

Hahaha same, for me, for figures I really really like I get multiples of.

Wow nice setup! :clap Say, is that a QS009 head on an EB body with the proper gloss bracers? Looks awesome.

Hahaha same, for me, for figures I really really like I get multiples of.
Yes, don’t LOVE the sculpt and he’s a bit walleyed, but it looks more appropriate with the first night out look than the Enterbay or QS001 head. I had to heavily modify it to fit and probably need to do more.

These are EB gauntlets with satin varnish. I have satin HT gauntlets on the EB in my display with the custom cowl. They look much more accurate, I just can’t part out a second QS009 only for gauntlets lol.

edit: Shortened the neck more. Easy Friday kitbash

Attachments

• 1AD01397-153C-49D2-A85F-1A82170193D7.jpeg
    1AD01397-153C-49D2-A85F-1A82170193D7.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 7D7FC12D-AE2A-4B1D-8245-FB8732E513F5.jpeg
    7D7FC12D-AE2A-4B1D-8245-FB8732E513F5.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Yes, don’t LOVE the sculpt and he’s a bit walleyed, but it looks more appropriate with the first night out look than the Enterbay or QS001 head. I had to heavily modify it to fit and probably need to do more.

These are EB gauntlets with satin varnish. I have satin HT gauntlets on the EB in my display with the custom cowl. They look much more accurate, I just can’t part out a second QS009 only for gauntlets lol.

edit: Shortened the neck more. Easy Friday kitbash

Again, fantastic display! I'm not sure if it's intentional, but I like how your shelving is just the brown wood, it reminds me of the Batman Begins Armory.

View attachment 545502
Looks like the only one we aren’t getting is the screaming face, which, in all honesty, I’m chill with. It always felt like the least versatile of the bunch.
I’m going to say the screaming one is better than the teeth sucking one.

The base looks better than I would have expected in normal lighting conditions. I’m excited about the height it adds too because I can now stagger the figures on one Detolf shelf nicely like the 1:4 Vader.

Again, fantastic display! I'm not sure if it's intentional, but I like how your shelving is just the brown wood, it reminds me of the Batman Begins Armory.
It’s definitely a little bit of that and just me feeling all black or white furniture can make a room look cheap. My main display is all black and glass but my desk and this have wood with black accents.

Attachments

• 230967FB-BEAC-4DFC-BA54-305E922C98C1.jpeg
    230967FB-BEAC-4DFC-BA54-305E922C98C1.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 92
I’m going to say the screaming one is better than the teeth sucking one.

The base looks better than I would have expected in normal lighting conditions. I’m excited about the height it adds too because I can now stagger the figures on one Detolf shelf nicely like the 1:4 Vader.
I’m gonna be the weird guy, but I was honestly hoping the teeth sucking head was the one that wasn’t going to be left out. It’s definitely the most…odd and niche of the bunch, but it’s also the one that has always struck me as being the most distinctively Bale. I think each face has a great likeness, but that is the one that just evokes scene after scene for me. “But what I dooooo…” “You’re a monster…” And so on and so forth.

Back