1/4 Hot Toys - QS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will probably be my 1/4 Iron Man. I think this is one of their better Tony headsculpts, and unless they do a 46, this is the suit for me. If they did a matching War Machine eventually we'd really be in business.

Nice sculpt, and IM1 & 2 are close enough that hopefully it can be used for the 1/4 Mark 3 as well.
HT has done swappable lower torso/abdominal pieces before with the Mark 40 Shotgun, and that was 1/6 scale. 1/4 scale would only be that much easier and definitely should have been included with the growing cost of these 1/4 figs.
902494-iron-man-mark-xl-shotgun-13__31801.jpg

Also, the "open" helmet with light-up feature we saw at the end of IM2 would have been a cool accessory.
20231125_121913.gif

Yeah always thought that was a neat little thing that happened. His helmet almost has an Ultron-like vibe there when it’s falling apart. Could have included that and the swap out battle damaged bicep arm for sure.

Crazy that this is roughly only $200 more than most more recent 1/6 diecast iron man figures.
I wonder, does that mean the 1/6 scale are overpriced, or that the 1/4 scale are a bargain? If I had to guess, I'd say the demand for 1/6 is greater (more popular size/lower total cost/lower space requirement), and thus the 1/6 are priced higher as a result.

I wonder, does that mean the 1/6 scale are overpriced, or that the 1/4 scale are a bargain? If I had to guess, I'd say the demand for 1/6 is greater (more popular size/lower total cost/lower space requirement), and thus the 1/6 are priced higher as a result.
Agreed. I'd definitely say the 1/6 is the overpriced one rather than the 1/4 as the 1/4 pricing is about in line what most 1/4 scale statues are going for these days.

Shame it still needs like 8 switches to turn all the led light effects on, really wished HT would innovate more and try something else or at least have the usb function for this, especially at 1/4 scale.

Shame it still needs like 8 switches to turn all the led light effects on, really wished HT would innovate more and try something else or at least have the usb function for this, especially at 1/4 scale.
Couldn't agree more. All the different small batteries, removing pieces to access the switches, plus the fact that those little batteries don't last very long anyway...these Iron Man figs are begging for a longer term solution, like USB or external battery pack containing higher capacity batteries that you could leave on for extended periods of time. Imagine a separate pack with three high-capacity AAA's, it would last forever.

Couldn't agree more. All the different small batteries, removing pieces to access the switches, plus the fact that those little batteries don't last very long anyway...these Iron Man figs are begging for a longer term solution, like USB or external battery pack containing higher capacity batteries that you could leave on for extended periods of time. Imagine a separate pack with three high-capacity AAA's, it would last forever.
I agree some new engineering is required to improve the dozens of button cell batteries problem. Plus the dozen different covers and switches, etc. By the time you finally turn them all on, half the batteries are already dying. BUT, I would think the biggest hurtle for HT, is that the limbs and head have to operate independently, because they will need to be able to be assembled/disassembled from the torso. and articulate etc. So they can't just run wires through everything to a single plug in/charge point.

I would think the biggest hurtle for HT, is that the limbs and head have to operate independently, because they will need to be able to be assembled/disassembled from the torso. and articulate etc. So they can't just run wires through everything to a single plug in/charge point.
This is a great point: the head, hands, sometimes whole arms are designed to be popped off and swapped. This is why batteries are the only current solution. But boy do they die quickly. I was going to run a test once, to see how long I could leave them on (to determine if it was worth it to keep running them down/buying replacement batteries, in order to enjoy having them lit often), and within an hour or so, they began to dim. :confused:

Back