1/4 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - QS Iron Man Mark 42 Deluxe (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really odd choice. Mk 45 might’ve been better.

If it had to be the Mk 42, they should’ve released the improved 1/6 version that was a Shanghai Disney exclusive, along with reissuing Iron Patriot.

I know Iron Man sells in their domestic market (and gold), but it’s difficult for me to imagine this being as big a seller as alternatives.

Re-releasing the 1/4 Boba Fett and/or Vader would do well, at least here. Even tweaking them a bit to make them specific to other films so it’s not a straight reissue.

I don’t know how many people are clamoring for this figure.

I’m going to go with the color gold as the reason this is being reissued over the 43 and 45. Same reason an expensive diecast Midas got made.

Last edited:
This is just dumb. Stop reissues altogether. If they wanted to make another 1/4 it should have been the 46.

This is just dumb. Stop reissues altogether. If they wanted to make another 1/4 it should have been the 46.
I was hoping the 46 would be their next. I spent a year paying aftermarket on all the Iron Man figures for my collection except the 47 before the reissue craze started. Regretting it now, but at that time reissues were few and far between :confused:

I do love the way this figure stands out on my shelf though.

There has to be some method to their madness right now, but I'd like to know what it is

At this point, they must be looking at resale prices on the secondary market. There is fairly high demand in Asia for this and they don't have to invest in any new tooling so it's more easy money for them. I wasn't collecting 1/4 figures when this came out so I missed out on it. And despite me being a huge Iron Man collector (almost 60 now), I have no interest in supporting this business model. It's now abundantly clear to me that they will not finish the HP protocol suits (especially now that they have no pressure from competitors). This is now the 9th or 10th Iron Man reissue or repaint since they last announced a HP protocol suit 4 years ago (and 3 years since the last QS iron man was announced - and is still sitting in stock today). And for some reason, the Mark I still hasn't receive the diecast remake despite people clamoring for that - likely because that's going to be a very expensive figure to make with all the intricate details and parts.

195030182_4064777950257449_9186362724151034318_n.jpg

Maybe the mark 42 is more popular in Asia than in the west. That is thee only logical reason I could think for why they would choose this to reissue right now.

interesting choice for re-issue. hopes for a mark 46 re-issue is getting higher and higher

I've no problem with re-issues and if this is going to make some folks out there happy then super. However, I can't say I've ever seen a single request for this one, let alone a chunk of the community clamouring for it. It really does seem like an odd choice.

I think they will but it will take a while. HT only seem to do 1 quarter scale a year. I'm not sure if a re-issue would count though.

Could be making a raimi 1/4th scale spiderman that would sell out. Could be making a batman keaton 1/4th that would sell out. Does this instead. And people wonder why I don't put any stake in hot toys anymore. They lost there touch when it comes to branching out to new stuff. I know iron man sells but unless your a hardcore fan your only gonna need like 2 or three of them not 50

Back