1/4 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - QS Iron Man Mark 42 Deluxe (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for holding on to license, i rather they do a iron patriot with rhodes and badger's headsculpt :)

Ah, but that requires effort! I wonder when HT will actually do a 1/4 WM.

Interesting insight.

My view is that I think it's great that there's more opportunity for those who would want the re-issued figures, to get the chance to experience them.

Definitely interesting...I disagree with most of what he says but seeing his point of view was, like I say, interesting. I don't see how HT re-issuing something lessens someone's 'story' of their collection, or makes someone's decision 6 years ago somehow less important to them. Also, no way will everybody's collection look the same just because HT decide to make more units. Some people still won't be able to afford it or have space for it or even want it.

The only thing I don't like about re-issues (and I've bought a couple of them myself in the past) is that it takes up a slot in the week to reveal something new and exciting, which is just another 1st world problem.

I don't understand the story aspect either, but then again I can't remember what I purchased a few months ago, much less 5+ years ago, and I wouldn't have anyone that cares to hear that story to tell it to anyways. Unless you're Justin, you're still making decisions on what you're buying - there's about zero chance someone with more than 10 figures has the same collection as anyone else.

The story I care about is the one about me waiting for figures from a movie that came out over two years ago (it will probably be three years, no joke, by the time we get some of them) - and one that will probably repeat over and over until I decide I'm finally done with Hot Toys. I'm a selfish collector. It's all about me. I don't care what anyone else has or what anyone else wants. Just give me what I want and give it to me sooner darn it.

Its just boring, at a time when other companies are innovating and improving, HT just sitting back and regurgitating the old atop a hugely inflated price mountain. If they wanted to keep selling Iron Men over and over, then develop new and better ways to light them up. Make them articulate better. Improve paint. Look at Threezero and ZD Toys, just on the Iron Man front. Things could and should be better by now, not just more expensive. HT has only been developing ways to get paid more for work someone did 5 years ago. How many times have they reused that mediocre helmeted Rhodey sculpt now? Lazy and uninspired.

Wow.. just wow. Considering you need to sell your house to buy a Quarter Scale, why reissue the one that least warrants it? Surely the 43 was the more popular suit.. Sixth Scale War Machine, yeah, that's the one version of WM everyone who collects IM would like to have.. If they are pushing out another Quarter Scale, it should be the VI or VII, or if they want to go modern, the 50..

They want to hold on to the IM3 1/4 scale license?
If they really were in danger of losing that license, they already had a prototype of the 1/4 mark II
that had been displayed at conventions, so that would have made the most sense as the
next release. As it sits, they are just making stupid decisions.

The other thought is that they were sitting on a bunch of these in some warehouse and Hot Toys
was like "how do we get rid of these without looking desperate?" :LOL:

Mark II was IM1/2 though depending who's headsculpt is included.

If they really were in danger of losing that license, they already had a prototype of the 1/4 mark II
that had been displayed at conventions, so that would have made the most sense as the

The other thought is that they were sitting on a bunch of these in some warehouse and Hot Toys
Lmao! And “let’s put a mid 2022 release date so they think we just made them”

Lmao, that's probably the actual reason! :lol

Mine arrived yesterday, love the figure but hate the clear plastic pole. Just sits in the base with some wobble plus the plastic rod has too much flex for a 1/4 scale figure to support it. Should of been a metal rod that screwed into the base.

Back