1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yeah. Prime 1 was doing one of their semi-annual sales.

Despite my problems with the 1/4 CH, I'm surprised it didn't even sell out during the sale. Small ES and most people didn't seem to have issues with it (or care enough about a bit of flaking). Again, I'm not defending the way the piece was done, just noting that far poorer pieces have sold out in the past.

Despite my problems with the 1/4 CH, I'm surprised it didn't even sell out during the sale. Small ES and most people didn't seem to have issues with it (or care enough about a bit of flaking). Again, I'm not defending the way the piece was done, just noting that far poorer pieces have sold out in the past.

I agree 100% - I thought this would have sold out LONG ago.

If this is for real (and not a mistake) - maybe the reseller has noticed the 1:3 isn't selling and/or the wall-art stock is getting low so they've decided to get in on the gravy train for those that now panic and get the wall-art piece instead :dunno

(* EDIT *) - Just checked the PRIME1 site and the discounts THEY had in place a week ago have now gone - we're back up to full price.

Spike this retailer had it up for preorder since day one for 200 euros less so this is not back to a full price but rather a new approach like "Want some Preddy"?

many reasons - 1) bad 1/4 p1, most like both p1 and p2 together as a display pair. 2) perceived oddness due to this labeled as a wall piece and the way it’s presented seem to make it smaller in size, but in person it’s a solid true 1/4 statue 3) 1/3 p1 announcement

For me this was an instant buy at such a nice discount and only $70 shipping from p1. It’s almost too good to be true, so happy I forgot about it and didn’t pay full price. The main factors for any predator purchase: accuracy, pose, paint app - all remained true for this statue, only issue I see reported is the decals are fragile and some comes off if touching it wrong, a coat of sealer solves it. As far as I know, this is the best 1/4 p2 out there (don’t like the infinity one, way too comic look for me and 2x price)….it‘s leagues above the crap sideshow 1/4 version and costed less….insane.

no brainer, I suggest anyone who is a fan of pred get this, it will keep its value. Prime1 can take their $3-5k 1/3 p2 and stick it where the sun don’t shine…I will wait for a decent 1/4 p1 to match, someone will make one eventually. And saves $$ in the meantime staying with 1/4

Their 1/4 City hunter really is a lovely little statue. I'm shocked that it's still available after all of this time with it's tiny ES and very fair price, whereas Prime 1 managed to sell 1500 1/3 JH Heads for $900 in three days.... :lol

Their 1/4 City hunter really is a lovely little statue. I'm shocked that it's still available after all of this time with it's tiny ES and very fair price, whereas Prime 1 managed to sell 1500 1/3 JH Heads for $900 in three days.... :lol

Good story though Bro' . . . the PRIME1 version of . . .

image.png
(* course - that may have confused a number of our North American brethren *)​

My take on the issue is that once I saw that P1 was making a 1:3 Jungle Hunter, I passed on the 1:4 JH.

Now with the 1:3 JH preordered, I wanted to maintain the same scale. The two renditions would serve as nice "bookends" in my collection. So switching scale would irk me... and I therefore passed on the 1:4 City Hunter.

I'm still trying to figure out how to approach this.

1. Wait and see how the JH turns out before Preordering the CH?
2. Wait and see how the CH turns out, then Buy one.?
3. Preorder the CH through sideshow and apply points to get a discounted CH? I could return it if I'm not happy.
4. Preorder direct from P1, and risk it all on impulse? (least likely option)
5. Settle for the 1:4 CH and move on. (most difficult option)

I'm not expecting perfection in my statues, but the crazy prices make it hard not to demand it. From P1, it's a hit or miss sometimes.

If you want to reserve something now and don't mind losing an NRD, you could preorder from whichever retailer has the lowest deposit and wait for in-hand photos -- but there's no really reason to reserve now unless you 1) plan to buy the DX and 2) need the bonus store accessories.

If it's any consolation, the 1/4 CH and JH wouldn't have scaled well with each other anyway. At least if you put a 1/4 next to a 1/3, the scales will be different enough that it'll look intentional.

Last edited:
My take on the issue is that once I saw that P1 was making a 1:3 Jungle Hunter, I passed on the 1:4 JH.

Now with the 1:3 JH preordered, I wanted to maintain the same scale. The two renditions would serve as nice "bookends" in my collection. So switching scale would irk me... and I therefore passed on the 1:4 City Hunter.

1. Wait and see how the JH turns out before Preordering the CH?
2. Wait and see how the CH turns out, then Buy one.?
3. Preorder the CH through sideshow and apply points to get a discounted CH? I could return it if I'm not happy.
4. Preorder direct from P1, and risk it all on impulse? (least likely option)
5. Settle for the 1:4 CH and move on. (most difficult option)

I'm not expecting perfection in my statues, but the crazy prices make it hard not to demand it. From P1, it's a hit or miss sometimes.
If the JH is great I'll order the CH.
Can't see it selling out any time soon.

If it's any consolation, the 1/4 CH and JH wouldn't have scaled well with each other anyway. At least if you put a 1/4 next to a 1/3, the scales will be different enough that it'll look intentional.

I had not realized this. Do you have an image you can share with the two next to each other? I was totally under the impression that they were the same scale.

I'm a HUGE alien fan too, but again... the sizes are all over the place and is the reason why I haven't bought any P1 Aliens...... yet. :violin

I had not realized this. Do you have an image you can share with the two next to each other? I was totally under the impression that they were the same scale.
On paper they are, but the 1/4 JH is more like 1/3.5 scale in reality.

A screenshot from Roscoe0583's review:

1653450142663.png

Some links to comparisons with other pieces. FYI, the old SWS JH maquette scales beautifully with the new CH.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...er-predator-1-4.193450/page-148#post-10587717
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...er-predator-1-4.193450/page-130#post-10529807
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...er-predator-1-4.193450/page-119#post-10511058

I'm a HUGE alien fan too, but again... the sizes are all over the place and is the reason why I haven't bought any P1 Aliens...... yet. :violin

• The PRIME1 1:4 City Hunter is 1:4.
  • The PRIME1 1:4 Jungle hunter is about half way between 1:4 & 1:3 (I.E. 1:3.5) - so a fair bit bigger.
I think their were some comparison photos on one of their respective threads.

PS: Anyone else think it's interesting that most of the recent posts on this thread have been about everything BUT the subject of the thread :)

The 1/3 JH thread was absolutely bouncing in the months following its reveal. Part of that was due to the weekly "updates" from Prime 1, but even before, there were members whose names I hadn't seen in nearly ten years dropping by to post about ordering. Think it's safe to say this one doesn't have the same effect.

Wonder how we'd feel about if there were no 1/3 JH or 1/4 CH to compare it to.

Thanks for the info guys, and especially that picture Rotfish. I really thought they were the same scale.

Fingers crossed that the 1:3 production pieces match up with the prototype.

On a side note, anyone else under the impression that the crotch/butt armour pieces of the 1:3 City Hunter are a bit too small?
I know that there was a lot of the theighs exposed, but being able to see.... cheeks while the statue is in an almost totally vertical pose looks weird to me.

. . . anyone else under the impression that the crotch/butt armour pieces of the 1:3 City Hunter are a bit too small?
I know that there was a lot of the thighs exposed, but being able to see.... cheeks while the statue is in an almost totally vertical pose looks weird to me.

Yeah - I posted about that a few pages back.

I didn't go and compare against stills from the movie though because (to be honest) I was so underwhelmed with this sculpt.

**** that 1:3.5 Jungle Hunter sculpt is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool. Wish there was some way I could guarantee one turning up in perfect condition.

It is indeed. I would actually probably buy it (even with the issues) if only it was actually 1/4 scale. At the 1/3.5 scale it actually is, it would stand out against my other pieces and not blend well.

I'm still hoping that Infinity Studios goes back to the drawing board with their 1/4 P1 and gives us a Predator in a tree, wall mountable. That would be awesome.

It is indeed. I would actually probably buy it (even with the issues) if only it was actually 1/4 scale. At the 1/3.5 scale it actually is, it would stand out against my other pieces and not blend well.

I'm still hoping that Infinity Studios goes back to the drawing board with their 1/4 P1 and gives us a Predator in a tree, wall mountable. That would be awesome.

I've got stuff in all sorts of scales so that wouldn't bother me - in fact - the uniqueness of the scale was one of the things that appealed to me - a little bigger than 1:4 without being overlarge.

It's a shame that (ignoring the QC issues) it would cost me about twice list price once you factor in their OTT shipping charges (around $900 USD) and import duties/taxes.

C'est la vie - I'm not going to sweat it since I don't feel like funding the next superyaght for execs of courier services :lol

Great idea for a modified approach on that Infinity Studios piece - they could THEN make the tree-trunk as large as they needed to make it look good!

Back